What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would we have Brett or Josh back?

The calm one

Juniors
If they're desperate we can do a cloak and dagger deal where we sign Brett, but we secretly really sign both of them to play as 'Brett'

Only one can play each week though.

This ensures that both are trying to outdo each other from a finess and performance perspective, so we really will have "the better Morris" playing for us each week.

Plus, when one of them inevitably breaks down, the other fills in, meaning we don't have an injury concern ("Brett" could conceivably be the very first player in history to do an ACL but be back playing the week afterwards)

There's nothing but upside in this option for us..
You idiot :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Dragons 09

Juniors
They both are still very consistent performers for the dogs week in and week out so they still have a fair bit to offer. BUT, we have Lomax in waiting and i think Zac can be better than Gasnier (Mark) so there's no way i would want a couple of guys in the twilight of their careers to be the catalyst for Zac to look for other opportunities. Big no from me to the Morris boys.

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I think you are all being pretty harsh. They would do well for the Kiama Knights.
If I was chasing a winger, it would be Josh Mansour- having said that, Jordan Pereira scored 4 in ISP yesterday and looked decent. However, he was getting silver service from Patrick Herbert who has to be the replacement for Aitken if selected in Origin.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I still think that other clubs could get some value out of either of the Morris brothers. Brett is still way better than Nightingale. I still think that Brett is one of the better wingers in the game. I still think that Josh is a decent player too. In saying that they wouldn't be on my shopping list.

Life's Good

Coach
No.
Josh hasn’t been with the club in 10 years so I don’t consider him a Dragon at all.
Brett is one player I do miss when I look at what JAC offers in terms of opportunism & speed. I don’t think the game has passed Brett by(at this stage he is still playing well)but his time with us has unfortunately. I’ll never bag him, one of the greatest wingers I have seen.

If they're desperate we can do a cloak and dagger deal where we sign Brett, but we secretly really sign both of them to play as 'Brett'

Only one can play each week though.

This ensures that both are trying to outdo each other from a finess and performance perspective, so we really will have "the better Morris" playing for us each week.

Plus, when one of them inevitably breaks down, the other fills in, meaning we don't have an injury concern ("Brett" could conceivably be the very first player in history to do an ACL but be back playing the week afterwards)

There's nothing but upside in this option for us..

Ahhhhh the old “Stanley” ploy.
I remain convinced there was only ever one Stanley brother

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Unsurprisingly (I guess) I'm going to buck the overwhelming census, and say 'yes' I'd have (at least) Brett back.

Despite improving form, BM (on one leg) is still a better, quicker, more defensively sound winger than MacDonald.

ALSGI

Bench
Unsurprisingly (I guess) I'm going to buck the overwhelming census, and say 'yes' I'd have (at least) Brett back.

Despite improving form, BM (on one leg) is still a better, quicker, more defensively sound winger than MacDonald.
BM has been on the decline since he left us according to bulldgrubs supporters. McDonald is still young, improving and not missing injured as much.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
BM has been on the decline since he left us according to bulldgrubs supporters. McDonald is still young, improving and not missing injured as much.

Brett M. is superior in the attributes I've listed.

He also doesn't have a tendency to let kicks bounce in general play. MacDonald has improved but his overall laziness still concerns me.

ALSGI

Bench
Brett M. is superior in the attributes I've listed.

He also doesn't have a tendency to let kicks bounce in general play. MacDonald has improved but his overall laziness still concerns me.
Yep, got the feeling he was going backwards last game, let’s hope he lifts becuase he’s bloody impressive when he’s on.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Titians may offer the twins a good pay or overseas.

Can't see them going to a strong team or last resort to stay in Aus with the Dogs on what they can offer and don't think they will wear the RedV again.

Latest posts