What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would we have Brett or Josh back?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I haven't watched much off tonight's Canterbury versus Parramatta match, but I heard the commentators mention that the Morris twins have been "really good",

They've got another two-years left in the NRL.

nontime111

Juniors
we have herbert lomax etc they deserve their chance now far more

as far as nighty vs morris, its nighty all the way! loyal legend and still going good enough to be in the team
wings not all about speed he does so much work wed miss him right now if he wasnt in there

ouryears

Bench
W
I respectfully disagree. We regard Steve Morris as a club legend despite him going to the Rorters. The situation with Bmoz(Jmoz certainly doesn’t count)is no different.
Yes mate fair enough.
If you are pushed out as he was by Wayne we can't hold that against him. Geeze they used to score try after try for us.

possm

Coach
I haven't watched much off tonight's Canterbury versus Parramatta match, but I heard the commentators mention that the Morris twins have been "really good",

They've got another two-years left in the NRL.
I watched the game and can say that in my opinion they put full effort in but were very slow. Match Nightingale's speed.

BennyV

Referee
I respectfully disagree. We regard Steve Morris as a club legend despite him going to the Rorters. The situation with Bmoz(Jmoz certainly doesn’t count)is no different.
Brett is one of the best wingers of the modern era. He’s the complete package - size, strength, speed, agility, instinct and intelligence. When he is a legend of St George and when retires, he will be remembered as one of my favourites to watch in the Red V.

Until then, he’s a bulldogs grub. Temporarily dead to me.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The only situation I'd have Brett back would be as a backs coach nof as a player.
The other is Josh who?

We have Dylan atm and it will be interesting to follow his career path especially seeing what has transpired with his big brothers.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Brett is one of the best wingers of the modern era. He’s the complete package - size, strength, speed, agility, instinct and intelligence. When he is a legend of St George and when retires, he will be remembered as one of my favourites to watch in the Red V.

Until then, he’s a bulldogs grub. Temporarily dead to me.

Out of curiosity, how did you feel when BMoz celebrated as though he'd won Tatts Lotto after scoring a crucial try against Saints (elimination final, Canterbury in 2015)?

Will you still bestow "legendary" status once he's retired?

BennyV

Referee
Out of curiosity, how did you feel when BMoz celebrated as though he'd won Tatts Lotto after scoring a crucial try against Saints (elimination final, Canterbury in 2015)?

Will you still bestow "legendary" status once he's retired?
Yep. Dude was happy for winning a game, don’t blame him for that. Hate him for being a Bulldog, but I’ll let that slide once he takes thy disgusting, rotten jersey off for the last time.

Would buy him many beers.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yep. Dude was happy for winning a game, don’t blame him for that. Hate him for being a Bulldog, but I’ll let that slide once he takes thy disgusting, rotten jersey off for the last time.

Would buy him many beers.

I would've thought (or hoped) he would've shown a bit of restraint considering the try was against the club that had done so much for him.

Personally, it left a sour taste.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The only situation I'd have Brett back would be as a backs coach nof as a player.
The other is Josh who?

We have Dylan atm and it will be interesting to follow his career path especially seeing what has transpired with his big brothers.

Dylan's size (or lack of it) in addition to uncertainty to what is his best position means a future NRL career is uncertain.

Besides, after the manner the Club has shafted his father and half brothers, why would he want to stay?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
W

Yes mate fair enough.
If you are pushed out as he was by Wayne we can't hold that against him. Geeze they used to score try after try for us.

Wayne B. is on record stating that a decision to release JMoz was made BEFORE he joined the Club in 2009.

possm

Coach
I would've thought (or hoped) he would've shown a bit of restraint considering the try was against the club that had done so much for him.

Personally, it left a sour taste.
I'm sure he still felt very angry that Doust had not kept to his promise regarding his contract extension. Same goes for Merrin. And I am of the opinion that if we extended Brett, Josh would have joined him at the Dragons at the next opportunity; maybe even earlier than that.

Now time has past them bye and in my opinion it is too late. Let them go to the ESL where they both will still be stars and retire with dignaty.

Joe McGraw

I'd accept Steve Morris, a Morris Minor, Maurice Blackburn... I'd even take in a team of Morris dancers... but not Brett and Josh.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'm sure he still felt very angry that Doust had not kept to his promise regarding his contract extension. Same goes for Merrin. And I am of the opinion that if we extended Brett, Josh would have joined him at the Dragons at the next opportunity; maybe even earlier than that.

Now time has past them bye and in my opinion it is too late. Let them go to the ESL where they both will still be stars and retire with dignaty.

In addition to alleged contract recantations, I feel that Morris also left because of a poor relationship with Paul McGregor.

(Also Merrin)

Doust has generally been a massive disappointment during his over elongated tenure for many reasons, and the sooner he leaves his role, the better.

Regarding the twins, I believe their expiry date hasn't quite lapsed, and they'll end up at a different NRL club (or clubs) next year.

Wizardman

First Grade
Both are still class players and won't let you down. Age/injury is the biggest issue regarding signing them. It is a "if the price is right" kind of case.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
As much as i loved Brett as a player he isnt needed here, turining 31 in a couple of months, same as Josh not required, if we were struggling then you could make an argument but we aint, we have some good young talent that needs to be given a chance not sit behind the Morris twins, stop romanticising about them, both parties have moved on and so should we as supporters...

FlameThrower

Bench
Forget both of them, we have our own juniors who can fill the spots and who want to play for us. Not some guys at the tail end of careers being pushed out, because of their clubs salary cap mismanagement ...