What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm not sure you can say it's blown out of proportion. The guy went on a racist tirade and, as a public figure in a country where African-Americans are routinely being killed 'accidentally', it's not something any brand can be affiliated with.

Big Pete

Referee
Did they need to scrub Hogan entirely off their website and hide his HOF status? Probably not but it's better to be safe than sorry.

What he said was foul and once it entered the public domain, the WWE had no other choice.

Hogan will be back around the time of Wrestlemania 32. Rehabilitated and all...

Sanchez

Coach
That might be too soon. He could of cost himself a chance at one more match, possibly with Cena as was the rumor

Big Pete

Referee
It's going to be interesting. I remember Austin committed a similarly heinous act in 2002 which made him public enemy #1 at that time. He was still able to return by the February PPV.

The world has gotten more sensitive to these sorts of issues (which is great) but I just wonder how long it will take for this to blow over and what steps are taken.

I've noticed the likes of George Forman & Dennis Rodman have come out in support of Hulk so the process has already begun.

alien

Referee
in regards to the lesnar v taker match, i can see lesnar absolutely destroying taker, to the point where it looks like taker will never return, but then taker comes back a bit before wrestlemania next year, and beats lesnar at wm (with maybe stone cold as special guest ref). . .

Sanchez

Coach
It's going to be interesting. I remember Austin committed a similarly heinous act in 2002 which made him public enemy #1 at that time. He was still able to return by the February PPV.

The world has gotten more sensitive to these sorts of issues (which is great) but I just wonder how long it will take for this to blow over and what steps are taken.

I've noticed the likes of George Forman & Dennis Rodman have come out in support of Hulk so the process has already begun.

Read this

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/kellerstake/article_86498.shtml#.VbakgdLlrMA

And tell me if you still think that

Bulldog Force

Referee
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE_Confirms_Extra_Hour_for_SummerSlam.html

Share1 Tweet7
1 Share34
Posted in: WWE
WWE Confirms Extra Hour for SummerSlam
By Marc Middleton
Jul 27, 2015 - 5:31:48 PM

- WWE issued the following:

SUMMERSLAM® JUST GOT BIGGER!

STAMFORD, Conn., July 27, 2015 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) announced today that SummerSlam will expand from a three-hour show to a four-hour telecast live on WWE Network and now begin at 7pm ET on Sunday, August 23. SummerSlam joins WWE’s annual pop-culture extravaganza, WrestleMania®, as the only two events with four hours of live non-stop action.

Emanating live from a sold-out Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY, SummerSlam will feature WWE Superstars Undertaker® and Brock Lesnar® in a rematch of their historic WrestleMania 30 bout where Lesnar ended Undertaker’s undefeated streak. In addition, WWE Network will also air a one-hour live SummerSlam Kick-Off Show starting at 6pm ET.

WWE Network is the only place to get all 12 WWE pay-per-views LIVE at no additional cost, exclusive original programming, and the most comprehensive video-on-demand library with more than 3,300 hours of content, including every WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-view.

Like other digital subscription services, such as Netflix and Hulu, fans are able to sign up for WWE Network online by going to WWENetwork.com, and can watch WWE Network on their TVs through connected devices such as Sony PlayStation 3, Sony PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Roku streaming devices as well as Smart TVs including Sony and Samsung.

WWE Network is available in more than 175 countries and territories, and reached 1.3 million subscribers as of March 31, 2015. 
SummerSlam promises to be 2 hours of useless shit!

redvscotty

First Grade
in regards to the lesnar v taker match, i can see lesnar absolutely destroying taker, to the point where it looks like taker will never return, but then taker comes back a bit before wrestlemania next year, and beats lesnar at wm (with maybe stone cold as special guest ref). . .

Pretty much this. Makes a taker loss easier for fans to swallow before he gets his rematch at WM and beats Lesnar then retires for good.

Haffa

tumblr_ns6e44FKfY1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

These guys are the only reason I'm tuning in anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts