What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE WrestleMania XXIX *** SPOILERS ***

Big Pete

Referee
Some of the news coming out of the show is going a long way in explaining why matches went the way they did.

HHH thought he broke his arm when he went through the table. Apparently it was just deep muscle bruising.

Brock was knocked out early and was completely blank for the most of the match, hence he looked lost for most of his heat segment.

Rock tore his abdomen part-way through the main event.

WYD

Juniors
Some of the news coming out of the show is going a long way in explaining why matches went the way they did.

HHH thought he broke his arm when he went through the table. Apparently it was just deep muscle bruising.

Brock was knocked out early and was completely blank for the most of the match, hence he looked lost for most of his heat segment.

Part timers on the gas, they would have blown up after a few minutes regardless of all that.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Not sure why either of the snippets re: Lesnar and Triple H had any bearing on the result. Triple H's ego wouldn't ever have booked it any other way.

Reports Rocky also got a hernia during the match.

mackdadday

Juniors
Thought it was a decent show. Pretty shocked when ryback got Henry up twice and finally pounded him. dont think they buried him at all just set up a big rematch. Shield setting up for something big surely. Fandango was impressive. Taker/punk match and HHH/lesnar both pretty great. Cena/rock snooze fest. Would have thought theyd throw in at least one big shocker to get us hooked for raw

Valheru

Coach
I don’t think it was by any means the greatest mania, not even in the top 10 but it was an ok show.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again the Shield are stars and thank god they are booking them correctly. It looks like they will have a mini feud with Undertaker next and I can only see them going over him given he will have time off again.

Taker/Punk was awesome and Punk played his role beautifully.

Am I the only one that thought HHH/Lesner was really good? Not as good as the previous match and I felt the crowd killed it so it probably should have been on earlier. I thought they told a decent story and Brock’s offence was really good.

Rock/Cena was ok but they just don’t have the chemistry. I liked the reference to the finish last year but the false finishes at the end were overkill and got a little boring.

Overall if you condensed this show to 3 hours and got rid of the filler and put it on at any other PPV you would have a perfectly acceptable show. For Wrestlemania it fell a bit short though.

Big Pete

Referee
Part timers on the gas, they would have blown up after a few minutes regardless of all that.

It probably factored into the performance as well. However a concussion and a busted arm most certainly did.

Unless of course we're going down the tin foil route where superstars come out with 'injuries' to excuse their average matches.

Minsathrope said:
Not sure why either of the snippets re: Lesnar and Triple H had any bearing on the result. Triple H's ego wouldn't ever have booked it any other way.

Was focusing on performances.

Valheru said:
Am I the only one that thought HHH/Lesner was really good?

I thought the match was structured really well.

But lacked execution, especially around the middle where Brock was supposed to be in control and gain HHH sympathy but it was difficult to care when HHH would always find away to stop Brock from hitting his big spot - frustrating both Brock and the fans.

It's getting a very mixed reaction. I've seen some call it the MotN and others calling it a boring slugfest.

I believe it was just solid.

deemac77

Juniors
Just watched it last night and i found the whole show to be pretty average.

My standout was the Punk v Undertaker bout. Punk hit that table real real hard when he come off the top turnbuckle. OUCH!!

HHH v Lesnar was ok i guess. Good to see both men take some bumps.

Rock v Cena was so bad. Rock just kept reversing everything into a Rock Bottom which in itself is such a soft move. And when Cena puts on the STFU he has no pressure on there whatsoever.

Reversal into counter into reversal was so boring, like they didnt know how to end the match.

The following nights RAW was so much better.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Here are my thoughts:

The Miz's fall from grace continues. 2 years ago he was at the main event at WM, and this time round, and he couldn't even fit on the card - it was a complete 180. He wins the IC title in the pre-show, then loses it the next night on raw... what the hell was the point of that 26 hour title reign?
Shield win yet again, and it looks like the big show has turned again. The guy continues to be the big heel/face turner and turns about 5 times a year it seems. That face turn was very short lived!
Mark Henry defeating Ryback wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I like how Ryback attacked him after the match though. That was good. Hell No winning is not something I saw coming as Big E debuted then and rarely does someone on debut lose a match - look at fandango. I thought Jack Swagger would beat Del Rio after their match and Dolph Ziggler claim his MiTB - well he sort of did that on raw so...
Undertaker winning was always going to happen, no question about it. Now CM Punk will become a nuffy mid-carder.
Triple H was always going to beat Lesnar given his career was on the line and also given what happened at SummerSlam, I didn't even see that being a problem. Was interesting seeing Paul Heyman come out 2 matches in a row and both his clients losing lol. Cena defeating The Rock, again that was always going to happen. The Rocks title reign was simply to introduce the new belt and to promote GI Joe movie. He'll head back to Hollywood now. I doubt you'll see him back using his rematch clause lol.