What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE WrestleMania XXIX *** SPOILERS ***

afinalsin666

First Grade
That was the worst all round ppv they've put on in a while. Is it just me or was the crowd either not micced up properly or just dead?

You know it's bad when a new York mania crowd is dead.

Hopefully like last year extreme rules is proportionately as good as mania was bad. Could be the greatest event of all time if that's the case.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The only match they popped for was Punk/Taker. The foregone conclusions in the other marquee matches, the sheer brevity of most others, and the mind boggling end to Henry/Ryback just sucked the life out of them.

I understand Vince decided to take on an increased role in booking on the road to Wrestlemania. It's time to hand over the reins, Vince. You just don't understand the business anymore.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Living Colour performing Cult Of Personality was kickass, definitely best part of the show (close second were those smokin' hot dancing chicks in Fan-Dan-GO's entrance... phwooooar!).

Favourite match was definitely Punk-Taker, and even then it took me a while to fully get into it. HHH/Lesnar & Rock/Cena on the other hand I just couldn't get into at all. So slow and drawn-out, and just didn't feel special somehow.
Wasn't Cena supposed to do something shocking that no-one has seen before (as per one of his recent promos on Raw)? Seemed to be same old sh!t to me...

Also, where were the comedic backstage segments!? I was totally expecting some sort of interaction with Bob Backlund, or Rhodes Scholars or some other legends, but there was nothing?

While I'm glad I watched it (day off work and at the pub!), overall didn't feel very Wrestlemania-y.

terrible. Glad I downloaded and didn't buy. I learnt my lesson after Royal Rumble. The Shield winning was the only cool thing that happened.

Misanthrope

Staff member
What PWA said. The sole decent booking decision was Shield winning, but I have NFI where they go now.

nöyd

Staff member
that was just one big 4 hour troll

it's like vince reads internet forums and dirt sheets and does the complete opposite of what fans want to see

i must've blinked and missed rhodes scholars, were they even on the main show? (if you could call it that)

no sandow, no party

Big Pete

Referee
I must be the only person who was disappointed in The Living Colour.

Just thought the vocalist was shouting as opposed to singing. Plenty of energy but didn't really sound on key.

that was just one big 4 hour troll

it's like vince reads internet forums and dirt sheets and does the complete opposite of what fans want to see

i must've blinked and missed rhodes scholars, were they even on the main show? (if you could call it that)

no sandow, no party

Nope, those guys missed the PPV.

nöyd

Staff member
Nope, those guys missed the PPV.

boo!

just watching some fan videos on youtube, WWE must not have their crowd effect mics placed correctly or they screw around with the mix, because in one video i watched the crowd was completely APESHIT, yet it doesn't come across that way on tv

surprised vince doesn't do what KISS did on their live albums and go and edit in some louder crowd noises

nöyd

Staff member
so...

punk is meant to be taking some time off for rest and repair...

ryback got all but buried...

taker/hhh/lesnar all go back into hibernation...

orton didn't turn as most expected...

ziggler is/should be chasing the WHC...

jericho goes to europe with fozzy soon...

the rock is supposed to be booked for extreme rules, but what for? to put cena over again?

so who is going to feud with the champ? Superman vs. The Shield?

Big Pete

Referee
Might as well just list whatever positives you could get out of it.

Zeb Coulter's post-match reaction sure was something right?

Meth

Staff member
Punk is a genius. Carried Taker through another Wrestlemania.

The Cena v Rock match was far too long. They had run out of ideas.

redvscotty

First Grade
Cena Rock was as expected, boring. I liked HHH vs Lesnar but it went too long. Punk vs Taker was the best and was happy to see Shield win.

Meth

Staff member
I'd say P Diddy's performance was up there with the worst musical act at any wrestling ppv.

azzah72

Bench
There was a lot of things missing in this show, It didn't "feel" right.

Even little things like the anthem before the show, the little surprise backstage segments and, in my opinion, an under carder really having a WOW moment.

The worst thing is, It's been the trend since about WM26.

Cookie cutter, boring booking.

Needed something like a MITB or TLC match.

Also needed something a bit interesting to happen. A solid turn or something.

Undertaker has saved the show from being a disaster for the last 5 years.

When the taker match and a performance from living colour are near the only highlights, your in trouble.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Henry v Cena seems likely, unless they want to go down the Lesnar/Cena route. There are a few title feuds I'd love to see Lesnar work, but seems unlikely they'll take the strap off their golden boy. I'd cry if they fed Shield to him.