What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wycombe 1 Chelski 1

skeepe

Immortal
Get that up ya, you scummy f**ks. f**k Chelski.

Chelski were extremely lucky to score their goal I thought, dumb dumb decision by Batista to come out for that one.

Ballack was awful, Makelele was shown up as the dickhead actor that he is (loved Mooney's wanker gesture), SWP looked like he would have been more at home playing for the home side, and Moaninho acted like a total merkin as usual.

Get that up ya, you scum of the earth merkins.

Macca_

Coach
It's the Carling Cup though?

I'm sure they don't give much of a stuff. Not to mention there's still a second leg at home for them...

skeepe

Immortal
They were quoted as saying that they do very much care, and want to win every competition that they're in. Whether that was lip service or not, I don't know.

yea great result but chelski still have the home leg to go some how i think they will show more passion and probably win easily.

Macca_

Coach
skeepe said:
They were quoted as saying that they do very much care, and want to win every competition that they're in. Whether that was lip service or not, I don't know.
Well they may do... But look at the starting line up they put out.

I'm sure most teams would care to win it as it's a trophy. But most teams also couldn't give a rats if they don't win it and that is shown by the team selection of most clubs in the EPL.

skeepe

Immortal
Would you expect Arsenal to put their strongest line-up out against bloody Wycombe? I doubt it. It was, nevertheless, close to their strongest.

wouldnt that be like saying would you expect the raiders to put out ther best squad against perrenial losers the rabbits.

Sure you expect to win but its a known fact that anybody can beat anybody on there day.

skeepe

Immortal
No, it would be like saying would I expect the Raiders to put out their best squad against Parkes Spacemen.

ha ha ha come on wycombe could probably give the knights a run for there money yet the knights beat the best team in the a league.

It just proves any team can win.

Come on you said it yourself chelsea werent far off there best squad i have no idea i havent watched the game but if they were at there best there is no doubt they would have won by a mile.

So what are you getting so excited over that they drew it means nothing, there still going to win there home leg.

Macca_

Coach
skeepe said:
Would you expect Arsenal to put their strongest line-up out against bloody Wycombe? I doubt it. It was, nevertheless, close to their strongest.
No I wouldn't... What's that got to do with it though? It's the Carling Cup we're talking about here, it doesn't matter who the opposition is for most EPL sides. They play weakened sides against anyone. You should know that, your weakened side just got smashed by another weakened side :D

Yes Chelsea still had a stong side, but nothing like their first 11. They had Wayne Bridge playing at striker ffs lol.

They basically have 2 first teams in any case.

As I say, it's the CC. Nobody really cares that much.

Eddie.

Bench
skeepe said:

Chelsea's strongest team

Cech
Geremi, Carvalho, Terry, A Cole
J Cole, Makelele,Lampard,Essien
Drogba Robben

Tonights Team

Hilario
Geremi, Ferreria, Essien, A Cole
-----Obi, Makelele, Ballack-----
SWP-------Kalou-------Bridge

---------------------------------------

As you can see this was far from a full strength team. No Cech, Terry, Robben, Lampard, Drogba or Joe Cole. Arguably the best 6 players in Chelsea's squad.

Wycombe played very well and wouldof given any premiership opposition a go tonight. Chelsea will be pleased with the result and not the performance. It was very disjointed as you would expect from a team with players out of position and players out of form.

After the game at Stamford Bridge we will be off to Cardiff and thats all that matters in regards to this tie.

Chelsea's performance pails into insignificence when you consider Liverpool limping out of the cups conceeding 9 goals at home in 2 games. That is a disgrace.

El Coconuto

Bench
skeepe said:

Hahaha!

Yeah, our top two keepers (Cech and Cudicini) were out, our first choice centre backs (Terry and Carvalho) were out, our flanking midfielders (Robben and Cole) were out, and our two leading goal scorers (Drogba and Lampard -- albeit a late sub) were out...

Yup, sounds pretty close to our strongest squad alright...

(I enjoyed the game though. I'm a life-long Chelsea fan, and watching Jose bring on young kids like Sahar and Sinclair -- who bandwagon Chelsea fans would have no idea about -- reminded me of the good old days. Great game. Big props to Wycombe. You're going down so badly next leg, but great game!)

skeepe

Immortal
Ignoring injuries to Cech, Cudicini and Terry, it was close to the strongest squad that Mourinho COULD have put out, based on the teams he has been choosing this year.

Whether you agree or not Eddie, Ballack IS in the strongest Chelski team, because Mourinho obviously believes he is. Ferreira, Obi and Bridge are also either first team or bench regulars.

Whatever positive spin you try to put on it, the fact remains that a team with the class of player that Chelski has should have easily put away a team of rubbish plodders like Wycombe, no matter what the competition.

El Coconuto

Bench
skeepe said:
Whatever positive spin you try to put on it, the fact remains that a team with the class of player that Chelski has should have easily put away a team of rubbish plodders like Wycombe, no matter what the competition.

I think every Chelsea fan needs to be honest here; there is no defense against that. We should have put Wycombe away. That's a given, and no matter what argument is divvy'd up, Wycombe deserved that point.

At the same time (and this isn't an excuse, nor an attempt to take away anything from Wycombe) Essien was playing centre-back. I repeat, Michael Essien was playing centre-back!!! His partner was Ferriera (a right-back by nature) Consequentially, we had no width (with Cole and Robben both out and SWP playing with both hands wrapped firmly around his own neck) Have you seen the goal that Easter scored? Essien got wrapped, and Hilario (bloody hell Jose sign another keeper, even if you need to dive into the a-league for one that will do!) pulled his "can't stop a ball travelling at half a kilometre per hour" routine.

We deserved not to win that game! A draw was a fair result.

As for the Bridge goal, I'm not sure how anyone could consider it lucky. He was in on goal whether Batista came out or not. It's just too bad the keeper is a head-case who recklessly came out of goals and made a scene of it all. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing someone from Chelsea show some heart out there today. Good job, Wayne. Always a fan-favourite.

Eddie.

Bench
And Man U should of beaten whatever garbage lower division twam they lost to

And Liverpool should of beaten a reserve team arsenal and not conceeded 6 goals :lol:

Chelsea didn't lose and are not out of the competition. You should give credit to Wycombe, they have already beaten 2 premiership sides and they were obviously very keen to impress.

Chelsea are still contestents in all 4 competitions. Liverpool have Barcelona to face to stay in contention for any Trophys this season. I think I know which team is in a stickier situation....

Latest posts