What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wycombe 1 Chelski 1

skeepe

Immortal
Bridge was good, agreed. I mean lucky in the sense that he got his shot away before psycho Batista got to him.

Also, the commentators mentioned that Essien is used to centre back, and he has played there numerous times both for Chelsea and previously.

El Coconuto

Bench
One more tidbit that peaked my interest from this weeks performances --

Chelsea with Lampard and not Ballack: 6-1 win vs Macclesfield

Chelsea with Ballack and not Lampard: 1-1 draw vs Wycombe

(Just something that caught my eye as I watched both games...)

Eddie.

Bench
El Coconuto said:
Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing someone from Chelsea show some heart out there today. Good job, Wayne. Always a fan-favourite.

Your Not wrong.

Ive always thought Bridge could be useful a little further up the pitch. He has decent pace and technique and has always been able to cross a ball. He is a fan favourite with good reason. Kicking Arsenel out of the CL at Highbury would have to go down as one of the most famous Chelsea goals of all time.

Eddie.

Bench
skeepe said:
Also, the commentators mentioned that Essien is used to centre back, and he has played there numerous times both for Chelsea and previously.

He hasn't ever started a game at centre back for Chelsea. He has filled in at right back during the second half of maybe 4 or 5 games. He might of filled in at centre back for 10 or 15 minutes of 1 or 2 games that Chelsea were chasing. Otherwise he is a midfielder and a damn good one at that.

El Coconuto

Bench
skeepe said:

They also said "Rooney" instead of "Mooney" three times as well. Essien has played at right-back at various points during the season. But never has he played centre-back with a right-back. I'm not blaming Essien at all, it wasn't his (or Ferrier's fault). Just that having him there meant we were left wanting on the wings...

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
110kgpantherpower said:
ha ha ha come on wycombe could probably give the knights a run for there money yet the knights beat the best team in the a league

The Knights lost to Melbourne though?

Father Dougal McGuire said:
The Knights lost to Melbourne though?

True however just because melbourne is winning the comp doesnt make them the best team.

The best team is a team who when hit by injuries still have the depth to hold in and win games.

If you were to take out say 4 guys from the victory they would be history not victory.

Sydney on the other hand have had injury after injury all season yet are still making the finals.

The jets came from nowhere to be in contention.

The roar have possibly the most inconsistent side besides the knights yet there still in contention arent they.

But my point was simply the knights beat *arguably* the best side the a league has yet wycombe should beat the knights with ease.

It shows the difference between the leagues.

Eddie.

Bench
skeepe said:
They were quoted as saying that they do very much care, and want to win every competition that they're in. Whether that was lip service or not, I don't know.

No Lip Service.

4 Zip This Morning at the Bridge

People can say what they like about the competition. However a London Derby in Cardiff playing for an English Cup is a big occasion.

Sheva finally found some form with 2 goals, and of course a lazy 2 from Super Frank.

Well done to Wycombe, they played like a Premiership team and should be proud.

Latest posts