What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Sounds like if we make Champions League we will go shopping at Southampton again.
Seeing as it was so successful last time I can not wait.

you'd rather not have lallana clyne and mane?

lovren isn't as bad as he's made out, solid reserve

and if you can't support rickie getting a guernsey you aren't a true red.

saint.nick

Coach
you'd rather not have lallana clyne and mane?

lovren isn't as bad as he's made out, solid reserve

and if you can't support rickie getting a guernsey you aren't a true red.

There is so much wrong with this post. You aren't the adjudicator of what a true reds fan is.

Adding to that, Clyne is a sub-par fullback, and we didn't shop at Southampton for Lovren so he could be a reserve. The only standout we have bought from Southampton has been Mane, and to a lesser extent Lallana.

saint.nick

Coach
Sounds like if we make Champions League we will go shopping at Southampton again.
Seeing as it was so successful last time I can not wait.
Well technically, our last bit of business at Southampton was very successful!

I assume you're talking about Van Dijk? I'm not sure what to make of him. Most people seem to get their dick in their hand when they think about him but what if he's just made to look good in what is a different defensive system to ours?

RazorRam0n

Juniors
There is so much wrong with this post. You aren't the adjudicator of what a true reds fan is.

Adding to that, Clyne is a sub-par fullback, and we didn't shop at Southampton for Lovren so he could be a reserve. The only standout we have bought from Southampton has been Mane, and to a lesser extent Lallana.

clyne is sub par? and lallana isn't a good signing?

dear oh dear oh dear

saint.nick

Coach
clyne is sub par? and lallana isn't a good signing?

dear oh dear oh dear
I didn't say he's not a good signing, I said he hasn't been as outstanding as Mane has. He did nothing in his first 2 seasons, and only hit his straps this season. If he continues it next season then I can consider him fully outstanding.

Yes, Clyne is sub-par. Positionally very suspect, and useless going forward.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I didn't say he's not a good signing, I said he hasn't been as outstanding as Mane has. He did nothing in his first 2 seasons, and only hit his straps this season. If he continues it next season then I can consider him fully outstanding.

Yes, Clyne is sub-par. Positionally very suspect, and useless going forward

this just confirms you're a muppet noob.

congrats doing your best to not say lallana was a succesful signing just for the sake of supporting your pissweak arguement

saint.nick

Coach
this just confirms you're a muppet noob.

congrats doing your best to not say lallana was a succesful signing just for the sake of supporting your pissweak arguement
You clearly don't know the difference between good and outstanding. Outstanding means exceptionally good. One outstanding August-January out of 3 seasons does not make an outstanding signing. You seem to have an irrational dislike of objectivity, so much so that anyone who didn't support the idea of signing Lambert "isn't a true red", and anyone who doesn't rate Clyne "is a muppet noob". Ridiculous.

cb4

First Grade
Clyne started off good but has turned to shit.
Lallana started off shit and has turned it around.
Lovren started shit, continued shit, and is still shit.
Lambert wasn't good enough to put on our jersey. Don't give 2 f**ks what you say.

Last time we made CL football we spent an extortionate amount of money at Southampton and couldn't get out of a group stage with Basel and Ludogorets in it.

Mane has been the only success we have had from them and that is on the back of one campaign.
There are better players in different parts of the world that would cost half the price of VVD. No need to buy unless all our options are exhausted.

saint.nick

Coach
Lambert wasn't good enough to put on our jersey. Don't give 2 f**ks what you say.

Last time we made CL football we spent an extortionate amount of money at Southampton and couldn't get out of a group stage with Basel and Ludogorets in it.

Mane has been the only success we have had from them and that is on the back of one campaign.
There are better players in different parts of the world that would cost half the price of VVD. No need to buy unless all our options are exhausted.
The thing with van Dijk is that he plays within a different system. Southampton defenders are not isolated on their own in a high line like Liverpool's defenders are. So the mistakes that Saints centre backs could make can be more easily cleaned up and less obvious to the unconcentrated eye.

It's promising that Klopp actually talked about this in an interview recently abkut buying new centre backs.

Lovren...I still have hope for him. The good thing is he relishes the physical battles. He just needs to learn to be switched on when Liverpool have 70% possession.

saint.nick

Coach
It's also probable that Clyne will leave Liverpool this summer. We are looking around for right backs (such as Pereira), however, they have prioritised strengthening the left back position first, and Klopp is keen to promote TAA into RB next season.

cb4

First Grade
It's also probable that Clyne will leave Liverpool this summer. We are looking around for right backs (such as Pereira), however, they have prioritised strengthening the left back position first, and Klopp is keen to promote TAA into RB next season.

I would almost guarantee that Milner will be our LB next season.

RazorRam0n

Juniors

thanks for confirming the level of Liverpool support is about as pleb as you can get on this forum

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Well that was boring for 95% of the match. Fraser Forster who is more often than not rubbish, has another worldie against us. Cracking penalty save, full credit to him.

Think we got it wrong by not playing Studge for more than 20 mins as well. Did more than Origi in his time on the pitch. Games like this show we truly need much better LB and RB. Final ball from Clyne and Milner just aren't good enough as usual.

Top 4 was in our control and we've let it slip out of our control yet again. Been such a weird season for that.

Haffa

Well that was boring for 95% of the match. Fraser Forster who is more often than not rubbish, has another worldie against us. Cracking penalty save, full credit to him.

Think we got it wrong by not playing Studge for more than 20 mins as well. Did more than Origi in his time on the pitch. Games like this show we truly need much better LB and RB. Final ball from Clyne and Milner just aren't good enough as usual.

Top 4 was in our control and we've let it slip out of our control yet again. Been such a weird season for that.
Was a bit of justice that Pen save no way that was deliberate.