What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Beautiful Girl

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Devastating news on Black Caviar's $5 million half brother, by Redoutes..

It'll never race, but they are going to try to save it for stud..

f**king laminitis..

http://www.racenet.com.au/news/95173/Black-Caviar%E2%80%99s-$5-million-half-brother-gravely-ill

Black Caviar’s $5 million half-brother gravely ill..

Brad Waters - 14/11/2013

A spider bite is believed to have put the life of Australia’s first $5 million yearling in jeopardy.

Black Caviar’s half-brother ‘Jimmy’ fetched the record amount at the Inglis Australian Easter Yearling Sale in April but the colt is fighting for his life at the Werribee Veterinary Clinic in Victoria.

BC3 Thoroughbreds sales and industry liaison manager, former top jockey Simon Marshall, released the news in a series of tweets on Thursday morning.

Marshall said complications from antibiotic treatment had left Jimmy susceptible to laminitis.

"He has been at the Werribee Clinic for the past 2 (two) weeks suffering from an infected leg, believed to be caused by a white tail spider bite,” Marshall tweeted.

"He has been receiving treatment. Unfortunately, during this time he suffered anti-biotic derived diarrhoea and this has lead to an onset of laminitis.

"While we hold grave concerns for his welfare he is receiving the best veterinary care available from both Werribee Clinic and consultants from around the world.”

Flemington Equine Veterinarian, Tom Brennan said, "The next 48 hours is critical in determining his future”.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They showed some of his foals on Thoroughbreds the other night..they looked sensational..

The one out of Shania Dane was my favourite..
It's one of my favourite shows on telly, and Yes she looked a cracker. She was one of my fav mares who just never cracked a group 1.

How good has Pierro let down?? Looks magnificent. Foxwedge has some nice foals on the ground as well.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
It's one of my favourite shows on telly, and Yes she looked a cracker. She was one of my fav mares who just never cracked a group 1.

How good has Pierro let down?? Looks magnificent. Foxwedge has some nice foals on the ground as well.

We've got 2 mares by Geiger Counter that we are sending to Denman..we'd love to be able to afford Pierro, but $77 000 is out of our league..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They were saying he's had 4 runners for 3 winners..:shock:

I'm like you, a massive fan of the Sir Tristram line..
Yep, Sir Patrick didn't do to bad out of Paddy and then Zabeel. When i started Betting it was Danehill vs Zabeel. Both mighty sires for different reasons. Just a shame His best progeny besides Occy were Geldings.

But going back through the lines how fricking good was Northern Dancer??

Has to be the most influencial sire of all time. He makes Star Kingdom look like a dud :shock:

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Yep, Sir Patrick didn't do to bad out of Paddy and then Zabeel. When i started Betting it was Danehill vs Zabeel. Both mighty sires for different reasons. Just a shame His best progeny besides Occy were Geldings.

But going back through the lines how fricking good was Northern Dancer??

Has to be the most influencial sire of all time. He makes Star Kingdom look like a dud :shock:

Yep Northern Dancer was amazing..

The best horse ever IMO..

He was a champ on the track too..

Check this out..

[youtube]p2FrZY4mjL4[/youtube]

[youtube]5NsgkXi-xXQ[/youtube]

[youtube]bLtpKHpRPTY[/youtube]

[youtube]MyIPD161unw[/youtube]

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Cheers for the Vids Horrie, i knew he was good on the track but not that good. f**k he was a pony!!!

His blood line will probably never run out.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Good idea to hook up with Denman,his service fee will go through the roof in the future if he keeps this up,$27,500 might be a bargain

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Pinch River(Denman) won again today up in Brissie

Mate i saw that, it shit in..:shock:

It was a weak field, but i'm sure we'll see him in Sydney next Autumn..

Denman is off to America with Lonhro

Can you believe he is only US$15 000 over there..:shock:

http://www.darleyamerica.com/stallions/our-stallions/denman

There are some photos of Lonhro foals on there too..

Good idea to hook up with Denman,his service fee will go through the roof in the future if he keeps this up,$27,500 might be a bargain

We got the multiple mare discount of $5 000, so it works out at $25 000 for us..;-)

Still get the live foal guarantee too..:D

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nice work Horrie, you took the risk with an unproven first season sire and it looks like it might pay off.

WaznTheGreat

Referee

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Robbie Laing said he had a Denman colt in his stable that is outstanding called Dezannam,reckons it beats Golconda walking backwards

Denman > Sadlers Wells + Northern Dancer + Danehill

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Shamal Wind not a bad little horse,i think she is better ridden of the pace though,she didn't look as good leading at Moonee Valley the other day

Yep she goes good..

I reckon she'll like a bit of give in the ground..Dubawi's generally do..

She is going to be a hell of a lot more valuable as a broodmare by running a place in a Group 1,than by winning an average Fillies & Mares race..

She looks a much better horse not having to chase a machine..

Finished like Wazn in the Gosford Gold Cup..