What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"You need to get your f**king calls right"

Meth

Staff member
Thurston last night to the ref 63rd minute.

"Be very careful"

"What do you mean be careful? You need to get your f**king calls right"

If that's not dissent, I don't know what is.

When was the last time somebody was sent to the bin for the way they talked to the ref? I remember Sandow a couple of seasons ago and I have vague recollections of somebody since.

no name

Coach
It was a crucial point in a high pressure game, you can understand frustration, but the fact that the ref warned him to be very careful should have been enough to pull his head in.
You have to wonder what he said before for the referee to give him the warning.
No wonder the useless gimps with the whistle f**k up so often, they are scared shitless of the players (certain ones it seems).

AWESOME PERSON

Juniors
Cummins is a terrible ref at best. That forward pass he missed which led to a try was awful. He was right in line ffs

butchmcdick

Immortal
In the end it wasn't a 50/50 forward pass call that killed us but simple mistakes in the first half

We were never in the match, Cronulla were simply too good

As for JT I get he was frustrated with the way the match went but no excuses. I think a sin binning is appropriate in these circumstances

Grapple

Bench
Forward pass or not, Cowboys never had a chance according to Phil Gould, too tired after the first 8 minutes..

Players have definitely been getting away with dissent because they know they can. The refs have become more and more castrated and timid the last few years. Though the game has created that atmosphere to a large degree.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah I think Thurston was taking his frustration at his own players out on the ref.
That being said if he leaves the f bombs out how different is it to 'Ref evenly' lol.

Btw Soccer players are so much worse with how they treat the officials.

blaza88z

Coach
This behaviour shouldn't be surprising anyone, before the Cowboys won their first title year after year he would come out after their loss in the finals and basically suggest there was a conspiracy against anyone north of the border winning the comp

Latest posts