What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You punish Viduka, you embaress yourselves again

PB

Bench
How can Soccer Australia seriously consider taking any action against Viduka. He is playing for a club facing relegation, has a seriously ill father which has already kept him away from his club for several crucial matches, which they lost, and they want to punish him for not going to Venezeula for a friendly. Yet they accept all these bogus, or half arsed medical certificates from clubs for players who are probably cabable of playing 80% fit, but clubs don't want to risk them. If you punish him, then try and punish all of them!

MrCharisma

Bench
So very true... and I think the last thing Australia wants to do is piss Viduka off which could backlash in him not wanting to play for Aus period. It's a friendly.. come on

half

Coach
what soccer australia is doing can only be considered pathetic

ugggh i can't be arsed commenting more on it

Once Dead

Bench
PB said:
How can Soccer Australia seriously consider taking any action against Viduka. He is playing for a club facing relegation, has a seriously ill father which has already kept him away from his club for several crucial matches, which they lost, and they want to punish him for not going to Venezeula for a friendly. Yet they accept all these bogus, or half arsed medical certificates from clubs for players who are probably cabable of playing 80% fit, but clubs don't want to risk them. If you punish him, then try and punish all of them!

What FIFA says, FIFA says.......

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Normally I would say that SA are doing the right thing in punishing him for not coming, but when you remember how much time he took off to be with his father recently (and how Leeds stood with him then) I think he is doing the right thing to try to repay them.

Poida_Raider

Bench
it'd be great to see him score a double in leeds shock victory over man united 3-2..
but its hard to see that happening with man united come off a defeat at home.
but still i agree that hes doing a nice thing by repaying them for their understanding.. and i dont think soccer australia are going to punish him. but we'll see.

Raider Ultra

Bench
That's gunna be hard since FIFA will most likely suspend him. Who cares about Leeds, the sooner they go down the sooner I don't have to listen to their fans moaning. Look at how many clubs in the Nationwide are broke. They never got a CL semi final.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The ASA is a joke.

Apart from a name and management change its still pretty much the same old "Soccer Australia".

In simpler terms, same sh!t, different smell.

Le Rouge

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
The ASA is a joke.

Apart from a name and management change its still pretty much the same old "Soccer Australia".

In simpler terms, same sh!t, different smell.

It smells even worse because John O Neil is at the helm :p

PB

Bench
Seems Soccer Australia have ask FIFA to ban Viduka from this weekends match...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done, what a great way to look after your lone international striker. The one star, who has always made himself available for the national side.

This is just Soccer Autralia fighting with Leeds utd, and its going to slap them back in the face when Viduka and othe rplayers say "screw it, don't worry about selecting me again". It's clear that Leeds weren't the sole problem with the whole Harry Kewell saga's as they are carrying on. Burns, Okon and till now Viduka, have never had any drams getting released for national duty.

I consider myself someone with alot of national pride, and a love for football (soccer). But if they go ahead with banning Marko, then i couldnt give a stuff if they qualify for the World Cup ever again!

The Soccerwho's?

Once Dead

Bench
LOL - you guys make out as if Leeds are kindhearted gentlemen......get stuffed.....if they DIDN'T let him take time off for family illness reasons, especially his father then they would be heartless and shameful fools......lol, i love it when people start thinking that the ASA is the devil and that Leeds are the ones that are the good guys in this thing......

I'm not saying they should ban Viduka....i'd rather they stick with other talent which they can rely upon without ANY problems getting access to them for friendlies even if it may have some sort of base.......

LOL-has O'Neill even started yet? You're already bagging him....

BTW Hybrid, nothing, not even a regime change will stop these stupid merry go-round games from happening when it comes to Australia playing friendlies.......blame the administrators of the clubs, not the ASA.....the ASA can only do certain things in response, they don't exactly have that much power, so anything they can do, they should do

hybrid_tiger

Coach
BTW Hybrid, nothing, not even a regime change will stop these stupid merry go-round games from happening when it comes to Australia playing friendlies.......blame the administrators of the clubs, not the ASA.....the ASA can only do certain things in response, they don't exactly have that much power, so anything they can do, they should do

This match shouldnt have been played at this time of the year.

All mid-season friendly matches should be played in Europe, particularly England. What a stupid venue for a friendly a million miles away from everything. Of course you are going to get players not going.

Its not the clubs - its the ASA. Unorganised chook raffle.[/i]

aqua_duck

Coach
If Viduka is going to turn his back on Australia just because of that then its probably better that he doesn't play, besides its not like he's always been great for Australia.

Poida_Raider

Bench
hes normally always turned out for australia though, for any event.. hes a good player, and he deserves his spot in the socceroos.. i hope he doesnt quit the team. i dont think he will, but there might be some ill fellings there.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Well its official - the ASA have announced that they are activating the rule which will see both Viduka and Chipperfield suspended for 5 days from today.

Interesting to see how things will pan out in the next couple of days.

Viduka hasnt got a good record with Australia, but he is our best striker. I cant think of anyone to replace him. Aloisi??

Poida_Raider

Bench
i think viduka is the best man for the job.. i spose we'll have to wait and see for the reactions and news to come out of this.

Once Dead

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
Well its official - the ASA have announced that they are activating the rule which will see both Viduka and Chipperfield suspended for 5 days from today.

Interesting to see how things will pan out in the next couple of days.

Viduka hasnt got a good record with Australia, but he is our best striker. I cant think of anyone to replace him. Aloisi??

Chipperfield should have done better, missing a flight is poor...unless there was a genuine stuff up then ok, but that's not acceptable