What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You want a good forward???

Wrighty79

Juniors
Then we can't let Canberra get Stuart Fielden from Bradford (as 'reported' in Daily Telegraph). He is exactly what we need, a blockbusting front rower with a top offload, and he's a metre-eater. Rock solid in defence. He's done it all for Bradford, World Club Challenges, Premierships, played for Great Britain etc. SIGN HIM AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why can't we be linked to a player of this calibre???

Once Dead

Bench
Manly were linked with Joe Williams and Tahu and have got neither......so being linked with players doesn't mean JACK!......Fielden is a UK player who would need 1-2 seasons to adjust and the money he would be attracting would be over the odds anyhow

Wrighty79

Juniors
Impellitteri said:
Manly were linked with Joe Williams and Tahu and have got neither......so being linked with players doesn't mean JACK!......Fielden is a UK player who would need 1-2 seasons to adjust and the money he would be attracting would be over the odds anyhow

Oh yeah, let's not forget they were also linked to Brent Kite and Ben Kennedy before they signed on the dotted line with... ummm.... who was it again, oh yeah, that's right MANLY! If you're not linked to a player you generally don't sign them.

HOT028

Juniors
Impellitteri said:

well you cant sign people if your not even linked with them, i agree with Joel, since Price, Wiki and stringer wont be coming Fielden must be a priority, we need forwards and they are just about all gone and we have NOTHING.....

Once Dead

Bench
Joel said:
Impellitteri said:

Oh yeah, let's not forget they were also linked to Brent Kite and Ben Kennedy before they signed on the dotted line with... ummm.... who was it again, oh yeah, that's right MANLY! If you're not linked to a player you generally don't sign them.

Who cares? Kite is just like O'Donnell so far......one awesome year.......Kennedy, how many games will he play? Yep that's right........the money talks, not "links"

Wrighty79

Juniors
So you'll be happy to go into '05 with the same AWESOME destructive, hard running forwards we have now, would you? Because we might have to pay "overs" for an international who has won premierships and world club challenges?

Once Dead

Bench
Joel said:
So you'll be happy to go into '05 with the same AWESOME destructive, hard running forwards we have now, would you? Because we might have to pay "overs" for an international who has won premierships and world club challenges?

LOL a little low on ammo hey? Attack my actual points, not what i HAVEN'T said........So Fielden has won premierships and WCC's in the U.K. but so have hundreds of others and guess what? They could never make the grade here

Wrighty79

Juniors
Okay then, I must've missed the AWESOME year that O'Donnell had when he played State of Origin... Oops I also forgot that Manly is where Ben Kennedy started his Rugby Union career, and never thought that he may want to finish his league career there also. Oops. Have I attacked your points enough? Or do you want more?

HOT028

Juniors
i think this issue is getting a little heated, both of you guys take a breath and think good thoughts, like the tigers making the eight :D :D

Once Dead

Bench
Joel said:
Okay then, I must've missed the AWESOME year that O'Donnell had when he played State of Origin... Oops I also forgot that Manly is where Ben Kennedy started his Rugby Union career, and never thought that he may want to finish his league career there also. Oops. Have I attacked your points enough? Or do you want more?

LOL - so he started his union career at Manly and that's why he wanted to finish his league career there? AHHAHHAHAAHAHAHAH BS talks, money walks.......that reasoning you provided is wrong, sorry...tell me where the logic is in the league/union connection?

Once again, you have attacked what i haven't said - good one mate, ammo = non-existent

Wrighty79

Juniors
But how can you draw the analagy that O'Donnell and Kite are 1 year wonders? Show me O'Donnell's state of origin jersey and I'll agree with you. Until then... This argument was never about signing Kennedy, the argument was being linked to players coming off contract or players allowed to talk before July 1. That is my point. We could've talked, but didn't

gr8_1

Juniors
You need $,$$$,$$$ to buy players.
After last seasons shopping spree it was always on the agenda that the WT would not be a big spender in 2004.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Okay, money is the great leveler, but... Whaturia is an international who's won a GF, he wouldn't exactly be bargain basement. Would he? So where was that money for a prop?

Wrighty79

Juniors
Then Simon, mate, why are we buying another centre? #-o You seem to know quite alot, and you're happy about the big fat coming here, so fair play. But how much (approx) and can we get a decent front rower, or two?

Once Dead

Bench
Joel said:
But how can you draw the analagy that O'Donnell and Kite are 1 year wonders? Show me O'Donnell's state of origin jersey and I'll agree with you. Until then... This argument was never about signing Kennedy, the argument was being linked to players coming off contract or players allowed to talk before July 1. That is my point. We could've talked, but didn't

Maybe we didn't want to pay over the odds nor sign injury-prone players?

simon says

First Grade
Cos our centres suck.We only have one in Elford as far as I can see.Others tried there have failed miserably.

If Sheens doesnt pick up a couple of big boppers I will be extremely surprised.Sheennse isnt a dope,he knows what we need.And he is going for them.

Cheers.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Alright Simon, you're inspiring a bit of confidence in my shattered pride again mate. But, after we've signed our guys for next year, if we didn't get someone you knew we were chasing, could you tell me please?

simon says

First Grade
I can tell you already that we had talks with Price,Monagahan and Wiki.....and are negotiating with others.

Spies tell me we are talking to Donald and of course Morrison and that we were very close to getting Wiki,in fact they told me we had him so its lucky I didnt blab it like I wanted to.

Now if we got three of the guys we talked to you would have to be stoked,so you cant say we arent trying.

Cheers.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Can I ask you another question mate... Why don't the big guns want to come here? It's plagued the Tiggies and the Maggies for decades now. Or is that too difficult?

Latest posts