What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You

Knightmare

Coach
Crusade tradition, innit?

*BUMP*

Quite possibly, even for ex-pats! Last girl I was seeing was a Gwen Stefani lookalike with the arse of a black woman, she was dating a Storm player for a while. Of late, been seeing a 30 y/o Costa Rican girl who looks about 23 and can speak fluently in English and her native Spanish. Already got her to wear my '97 Knights jersey once. Don't know what it is about good looking women in your teams' colours but faaaaaaaaark.......

As for me? A few weeks short of 27, working casually in retail but that's just money. I'm going into business for myself as a copywriter so I may just be able to help anybody out if they own a business!

Born and raised in Sydney, family on Mum's side are all Parramatta suppporters. I liked the Raiders for a while when I was 9-10 years old (I thought the lime green was cool and the logo reminded me of the Strongbow logo, by my logic I figured any team which had a logo that looked like a beer logo was pretty tough :lol:)

First time I became aware of the Knights was in August 1992 (20 years ago this month). I remember it so clearly. Mum and I were standing on the platform at Broadmeadow one Sunday evening waiting for the XPT back to Sydney and that Rick Price song 'Only Heaven Knows' was playing on the loudspeakers. Looking across the platform I saw (but couldn't yet read) that old sign with the Knights logo saying 'Broadmeadow- home station of the Knights'. I remember casually glancing at it and thinking "That must be the football team up here." Going back through the archives, it turns out the Knights were away that weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw8NkFiRU5E

If only I knew how much time, money and emotional energy I would spend the next 20 years wasting over that football team :crazy:

After the Raiders, I kind of wanted a team to follow for legitimate reasons. Even as an 11 year old I couldn't understand kids going for Manchester United or the Bulls just because they won all the time. That seemed stupid to me. Then I was watching the Grand Final in '97. Seeing Chief and Butts and the other forwards ripping in like they were, I thought to myself "Now THAT's how you should play footy!" and been a fan since. Albert's try was just the cherry on top.

Since that time I've seen them win the Grand Final in '01 against all odds, lose by 65 points, beat the team on top of the ladder despite being bottom of the ladder, been to Melbourne twice for games, Brisbane and the Gold Coast several times (although they are local matches for me these days) and seen the Knights play every Sydney team away bar St George.

Looking forward to being at the Sharks game Monday night and the Manly game at Brookie the next weekend. Be good to see some old faces!

Yosh

Coach
Hi!

My full name is: Jinwoog Joseph Kim.

I'm turning 26 this year and I'm an Australian born and raised Korean. I lived all my life in Sydney but moved to Seoul (capital city of South Korea) around 2 years ago. Been here since.

I just quit my last job about a month ago and looking for a new one. Might work at Samsung or open up my own English Academy here. Just taking my time deciding.

I started following the Knights around 03/04. I've watched every single game since 2003 (when I fully started following the Knights, I went back and watched all the games I could find, which happened to start with 2003). I don't know why I fell in love with the Knights... There have been so many times where I thought I was gonna throw my keyboard into the monitor or throw my tele out the window, but I have never regretted for a second falling in love with the Knights.

I used to be known as the crazy guy around here... I think that's kind passed but I know I still get on some people's nerves here. Love it. Lol!

Anyways, if any of you drop by Seoul, give me a message, maybe we can meet up for a drink!

Joe

Might as well give this a blast, as a reintroduction of sorts.
Been years since I was on these boards regularly.

Apologies for the name I was a bit of a twonk back then.
I was a NSW government employee so I did nothing but post on this site all day long. Since the season has kicked off again I'm trying to keep-up with the team as I've lived in England for the last 5 years. Dad is a West's fan and tries to keep me up to date with the goings on.

My Auntie. 2 cousins and their kids are all massive Knights fans still attend every home game. For my b-day when I was about 10 they gave me the classic Henny Penny kit with No.1 on the back, fell in love with it and the Knights.

It's hard to keep track of anything but football (soccer, the lads would kill me for calling it that) in Liverpool.

As like a scary amount of other posters, met an extremely attractive English girl 6 years ago in Sydney, she worked at the bar I drank at after work. Lived together in
Rushcutters Bay for a year then she persuaded me to move back with her. Happy to say we are now engaged, wedding in 2014. I'm totally made-up with my life in England.

Located in the North West of England lived in Liverpool for most the time and now settled on The Wirral, which is about 15 minutes from Liverpool city centre. It's a nicer part of the North West, even got a beach...... well what passes for a beach over here!

Working for a SME as an account manager now, it's been a hard slog as the UK is in terrible shape both economically and socially. But finally got to a point where life is getting easier financially.

As mentioned before the new religion is football, Liverpool FC to be exact and I'm lucky enough to go to Anfield regularly. I have to say that even after 4 years of attending, it still gives me butterflies sitting in that historical stadium knowing what the club has gone through, the tragedies and triumphs.

I've been to State of Origin Matches at ANZ but nothing compares to Anfield when it's rocking. Even got to go to Wembley last year to see the mighty Reds do over the Blue Sh*te (Everton) in the FA cup, something I'll never forget.

Anyway please excuse my posting in the Knights section if it’s a little off, the team sheets looks like a game of Guess Who to me now. Fingers crossed for this season, 12 years since the last Premiership is far too long for this club.

Last edited:

Latest posts