What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Best Three And Worst Three Gigs

natheel

Coach
My first concert was bee gees when I was 10 LOL with family
My first with mates I was 14 and it was millencolin at roundhouse with one dollar short

lol ahhh bitter about not being in iron maiden anymore, dunno who was worse him or blaze bayley

between every song he would take a shot at anyone from Maiden. Bayley and Harris were the main 2. He was covered in sweat after 2 songs, his voice was f**ked after 3, and he could barely move after about 6. The only songs anyone got into were the Maiden songs he was singing.

Bazal

Post Whore
Best 3...

Shihad @ ANU bar a few years ago. It was COG and Shihad, both played for about 90 mins IIRC. It was just an awesome gig

Gyroscope and Shihad @ ANU Bar...both bands seemed to feed of each other, one of the highest energy gigs I've seen

The Butterfly Effect w/ Dead Letter Circus @ ANU Bar...gods of Aussie music with some young up and comers, it was a great show

Eelectrica

Referee
Got back from seeing Queensryche at the Hifi club in Brisbane not too long ago.
Very good concert. They're a long way from where the used to be in terms of playing to packed out arenas, but still a good night out. And good set list as well.

Support acts were great too. so a good 3 hours or so of music.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Ben Harper @ Hollywood Bowl

Elton John @ Sydney Entertainment Center

Of many, only those two stand out.

Not including anything i've seen at fesitvals...

Top 3:
Anberlin- Aug 2009, Hi-Fi Bar
Pennywise & The Vandals- Apr 2008, Luna Park
Ignite- Oct 2008, Club 299

Worst 3 (I love all these bands, but these shows were awful due to the setlist or how not into the show they were):
Thrice- Oct 2008, The Arena
Reel Big Fish- Jul 2007, Coolangatta Hotel
NOFX- Jan 2008, Coolangatta Hotel

between every song he would take a shot at anyone from Maiden. Bayley and Harris were the main 2. He was covered in sweat after 2 songs, his voice was f**ked after 3, and he could barely move after about 6. The only songs anyone got into were the Maiden songs he was singing.

It's sad that isn't surprising. No jealously Bruce is great at the songs in the D'ianno era. And honestly, I enjoyed a fair amount of the Bayley era.