What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your new zealand quad nations team!

hutch

First Grade
mine is:

1 - hohaia
2 - perret
3 - ropati
4 - matai
5 - vatuvei
6 - marshall
7 - fien
8 - rapira
9 - luke
10- blair
11- mannering
12- harrison
13- smith

14- pritchard
15- lima
16- eastwood
17- foran/locke

a lot harder to pick than i thought. they have a few injuries with asotasi being the biggest, and i cant pick moi moi/tuaki due to their constant farcical country switching. i put a few up and coming young guns in there who they could possibly take for experience. i have no idea what the kiwis will look like this year!

Coastbloke

Bench
1. Lance Hohaia (Why he's in Centres for Warriors I don't know)
2. Sam Perrett / Shaun Kenny Dowell
3. Jerome Ropati
4. Krisnan Inu
5. Manu Vatuvei (Looks like being pressured to surgery)
6. Ben Roberts
7. Benji Marshall
8. Sam Rapira
9. Issac Luke
10. Adam Blair
11. Simon Mannering
12. Frank Pritchard
13. David Fa'alago

14. Thomas Leuleai
15. Greg Eastwood
16. Jeff Lima
17. Evan Tuimavave

jim_57

Staff member
1. B Webb
2. Vatuvei/Locke
3. Inu
4. Matai
5. Perret
6. Marshall
7. Fien
8. Lima
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Pritchard
12. Mannering/Harrison
13. Smith
14. T Leulaui/Hohaia
15. Rapira/Packer
16. Fa'alogo
17. Harrison/Eastwood

1. Locke
2. Perrett
3. Sau
4. Inu
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Roberts
8. Blair
9. Luke
10. Rapira
11. Fa'alogo
12. Harrison
13. Smith

14. Moimoi
15. Hohaia
16. Eastwood
17. Pritchard

18. Glenn

Liam

Juniors
1. Locke
2. Perrett
3. Sau
4. Inu
5. Vuna(If Vatuvei is in surgery)
6. Marshall
7. Leuluai
8. Blair
9. Luke
10. Moimoi
11. Taia
12. Harrison
13. Smith

14. Fien
15. Rapira
16. Lima
17. Pritchard

watatank

Coach
1. Jason Nightingale
2. Sam Perrett
3. Simon Mannering
4. Alex Glenn
5. Krisnan Inu
6. Benji Marshall
7. Nathan Fien
8. Jeff Lima
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Frank Pritchard
12. David Fa'ologo
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Lance Hohaia
15. Sam Rapira
16. Fui Fui Moi Moi
17. Bronson Harrison

ByRd

First Grade
Isnt Goodwin eligible for the Kiwis and was picked in the squad. If so im sure he would start on the wing.

The Observer

Staff member
Kearney has ruled out Asotasi, Mannering, Manu, Rapira, Ropati, Taia, Tuiaki and Vatuvei due to injury.

Hohaia, Nightingale, Inu, Matai, Perrett; Marshall (c), Fien; J Lima, Luke, Blair; Pritchard, Fa'alogo, Smith J. BENCH: Moi Moi (prop), Harrison (prop/secondrow), Roberts (halves/fullback/centres - Lance will cover 9), Eastwood (backrow)

Louis Anderson, Thomas Leuluai, Brent Webb, Russell Packer and maybe a bolter out of Glenn, Locke or Winterstein will round out a 22 man squad. Though a young forward like Matulino should probably be there before Webb.

taste2taste

Juniors
I was looking forward to having the 'beast' on one wing and the 'tank with eyes' on the other, i guess we'll have to go for speed now.
Big Roy and Sika Manu will be a big loss, im not too concerned with the others who have been ruled out.

1-B.Webb, still our best choice for fullback
2-S.Perrat
3-K.Inu
4-J.Sau, Matia's defence is atrocious so i'd go with Sau.
5-B.Goodwin
6-B.Roberts, adds more creativity than Fein or Leuluai
7-B.Marshall
8-A.Blair, his best position is second row but without Roy will have to play prop.
9-I.Luke
10-J.Lima
11-F.Prichard, Tallis recently rated cranky Frank as the most devastating forward in the game.
12-B.Harrison, leads the NRL in offloads and was our best in the anzac test.
13-J.Smith

14-L.Hohia
15-G.Eastwood
16-F.Moimoi, yep his a kiwi this week.
17-D.Fa'alogo

Billythekid

First Grade
That's a lot of talent that has been ruled out.

11-F.Prichard, Tallis recently rated cranky Frank as the most devastating forward in the game.

Well either Tallis is a total moron or he was only judging Pritchard on the one spectacular run he makes every 5 games. He has been terrible this year and just goes missing completely in most games. I think he puts in less effort than possibly any other player in the NRL.

He is arguably one of if not the most talented forward in the NRL and yet he has barely any impact.

Overall the team you listed looks ok but nothing spectacular. Outside backs are lacking all round and i think without tuaiki and vatuvei a lot of the try scoring ability wont be there.

I also think in terms of creating tries (and defense) Webb is nowhere near as good as even the top 6 or 7 Australian fullbacks.

The halves look ok but there will be a lot of pressure on Benji. Roberts play mostly revolves around his running game (i think he would make a fantastic centre). If Benji isn't on song than i think the halves will fall apart.

The forward pack i think will be better than Australias and thats where NZ will need to win the game. My main concerns there are Both Smith and D.Fa'alogo can give quite a few penalties. Also the only real workhouse there is Lima.

I think with Australia missing both their starting props that is where NZ can win the game.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
David Fa'alogo won't be playing in any of the Tests. He is having surgery on a couple of minor injuries. From the horses mouth.

jim_57

Staff member
Big Roy and Sika Manu will be a big loss, im not too concerned with the others who have been ruled out.

Those two will be big losses but Mannering will be the biggest loss IMO, although there is plenty of cover in the backrow but I think he's their best player.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
fantastic player is simon mannering...leeds should have signed him as a replacement for gareth ellis..

He looked really exhausted this year so im certain the club are making him rest up.

I think the Kiwis have lost too much of their attacking fire power....which makes me wonder if they will be able to make the final this time round.

Let’s hope they play players like Locke and Foran and develop them for the future.

I think England is in with a big shot if both of Australia’s props are ruled out.

As long as Australia dont win the tournment :)

Billythekid

First Grade
Those two will be big losses but Mannering will be the biggest loss IMO, although there is plenty of cover in the backrow but I think he's their best player.

I think Sika Manu is the big loss. He adds something to the team which no other player in the NRL can.

Whilst NZ don't look to strong i also thought they had little chacne in the WC so who knows.

Hope England have a better showing.

Latest posts