What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Side Against Newcastle

Frailty

First Grade
1. Gardner
2. Gordon
3. Collis
4. Pomeroy/Covell
5. ???????/Pomeroy
6. Barrett
7. Porter
8. Snowden
9. Morris
10. Douglas
11. Wright
12. Toupou
13. Gallen

14. Aiton
15. Millington
16. Vave
17. Cordoba

We need a new wing option, as Ferguson needs to be demoted. He is no good for team morale and hasn't been performing. So I have put Perata in, but I'm not sure how he is performing as I don't get to see much NSW Cup.

I think Covell is too slow for the wing, but perhaps we could see Covell in the centre, and Pomeroy on the wing (with the pair swapping for high kicks).

I think Gordon moving to the right side to see a bit more ball would be a good move. Collis is more likely to look for a pass to the outside man, and Gordon's speed could be extremely useful.

millersnose

Post Whore
1. Gardner
2. Gordon
3. Collis
4. Pomeroy
5. fergo
6. Barrett
7. Porter
8. Snowden
9. Morris
10. Douglas
11. Wright
12. Toupou
13. Gallen

14. Aiton
15. Millington
16. Vave
17. Cordoba

having said that it looks like ricky will scapegoat fergo

azzah72

Bench
1.Gardener
2.Gordon
3.Pommeroy
4.Collis
5.Covell

6.Barrett
7.Smith

8.Snowden
9.Morris
10.Douglas

11.Milligton
12.Tupou
13.Gallen

14.Wright
14.Cordoba
16.Vave
17.Aiton

I think that is the best team we can field, and I honestly don't mind it, covell would gotten over the line a few time last night, he just knows how to even when he shouldn't!

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
1. Gardner
2. Gordon
3. Collis
4. Pomeroy
5. Stapleton/Covell
6. Barrett (C)
7. Porter
8. Snowden
9. Aiton
10. Douglas
11. Millington
12. Topou
13. Gallen
Bench
14. Morris
15. Aiton
16. Vave
17. Wright
Reserve
18. Tautai/Harlen

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
1. Gardner
2. Gordon
3. Collis
4. Pomeroy
5. Stapleton/Covell
6. Barrett (C)
7. Porter
8. Snowden
9. Aiton
10. Douglas
11. Wright
12. Topou
13. Gallen
Bench
14. Morris
15. Millington
16. Vave
17. Cordoba

i just realised I had aiton on there twice on my original post! Sorry boys, i now have posted it three times!

Last edited:

Hughesy215

Juniors
1. Gardner
2. Gordon
3. Collis
4. Pomeroy
5. Stapleton/Covell
6. Barrett (C)
7. Porter
8. Snowden
9. Aiton
10. Douglas
11. Millington
12. Topou
13. Gallen
Bench
14. Morris
15. Aiton
16. Vave
17. Wright
Reserve
18. Tautai/Harlen

Aiton is good but can he play the same game twice??

samshark

Juniors
1. Gardner
2. Gordon
3. Collis
4. Pomeroy/Covell
5. ???????/Pomeroy
6. Barrett
7. Porter
8. Snowden
9. Morris
10. Douglas
11. Wright
12. Toupou
13. Gallen

14. Aiton
15. Millington
16. Vave
17. Cordoba

We need a new wing option, as Ferguson needs to be demoted. He is no good for team morale and hasn't been performing. So I have put Perata in, but I'm not sure how he is performing as I don't get to see much NSW Cup.

I think Covell is too slow for the wing, but perhaps we could see Covell in the centre, and Pomeroy on the wing (with the pair swapping for high kicks).

I think Gordon moving to the right side to see a bit more ball would be a good move. Collis is more likely to look for a pass to the outside man, and Gordon's speed could be extremely useful.

Why would you put him in then?
Players like him wont get a run anyway. Costs the club money and there are other top 25's available.

Hughesy215

Juniors
I don't know, but I bet he would have been able to read good enough you see Glenmoreshark apologise and edit in the next post.

I got to excited about pointing out someones mistake i didnt even scroll down... haha well done

millersnose

Post Whore
What makes you say Sticky will scapegoat Fergo?

1. it wouldnt be a ricky squad if he didnt shaft somebody on the team

there is a ricky tradition to shuffle the side around every 10 minutes after losses - cant have combos developing

2. ricky always has a scapegoat

3. apparently (and i didnt see it or hear it) rickies post match interview contained a 'fergos comments affected us' element

3. after sacking players who signed elsewhere last year he has set a precedent

Inferno

Coach
Fair point Millers, but if he's clause is based on Sticky's exit, I don't know if Sticky will have the club's best interests at heart. In addition to that, he does have the excuse of not having Gal, Baz and Snowy.

For those that watched the game, did Smith have another Barry Crocker? If someone had to go, I think his head should be first on the chopping block.

azzah72

Bench
1. it wouldnt be a ricky squad if he didnt shaft somebody on the team

there is a ricky tradition to shuffle the side around every 10 minutes after losses - cant have combos developing

2. ricky always has a scapegoat

3. apparently (and i didnt see it or hear it) rickies post match interview contained a 'fergos comments affected us' element

3. after sacking players who signed elsewhere last year he has set a precedent

Even though it may have, Ricky never said anything of the like, it was more like, I haven't read the article so i dunno anything! Dougie was the same.

The Shire

Juniors
1.Gardener
2.Gordon
3.Pommeroy
4.Collis
5.Covell

6.Barrett
7.Smith

8.Snowden
9.Morris
10.Douglas

11.Milligton
12.Tupou
13.Gallen

14.Wright
14.Cordoba
16.Vave
17.Aiton

I think that is the best team we can field, and I honestly don't mind it, covell would gotten over the line a few time last night, he just knows how to even when he shouldn't!

Thats the side i would have.

Eion

First Grade
For those that watched the game, did Smith have another Barry Crocker? If someone had to go, I think his head should be first on the chopping block.
He didn't have a barry but I thought he was quiet. Porter made more errors and was found out a bit at 1st grade level but he was having a go. I expected to see more of smith given he should be considered the senior halves partner.

Smith & Porter are useless get them out of the team.

Ferguson has dumped on us and is leaving so f**k him off.

Our strength at the Club is our hookers so lets get all three in the squad.

Time to blood a young player or two because our hunt for a finals birth is finished.

Vave as a good player he will be badly needs some minutes and should spend some time in N.S.W Cup.

This is the team I would have a go with.

1. Nathan Gardener
2. Issac Gordon
3. Ben Pommeroy
4. Ricky Leutele
5. Dean Collis

6. Trent Barrett
7. John Morris

8. Kade Snowden
9. Paul Aiton
10. Luke Douglas
11. Broderick Wright
12. Anthony Tupou
13. Paul Gallen

14. Stuart Flanagan
15. Taulima Tautai
16. Grant Millington
17. Josh Cordoba

Inferno

Coach
A loss against the knights I think would 100% end our season. I think it will be much the same team, with hopefully some experimenting in games following it.