What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your side for Round 1

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I think everyone is being a bit harsh on Ricky.

I think he has formed a good combo with feki and deserves first crack.

I like gagan more than Holmes tbh but Holmes has the potential to be a great.

that'll happen with quality game time and mentoring from Gordon.

Gagan is safer no doubt but Holmes can pull a rabbit out of a hat

Leutele is fit for the first time in nearly a season. He will fire this year. They all will, because they know that every position in the backs has two or more very competent candidates. Brown, Ayshford, Gagan and Bird are all pushing hard for selection. A very hard call to make.

Madsharkie

First Grade
I've backed Leutele in the past, but am just about done. Has shown glimpses but just hasn't kicked on enough in my opinion. Flange likes the incumbents, so he'll likely be there in round 1. For his and everyone's sake I hope he kills it. Doubt that'll happen though unfortunately. Feki/Gagan, come on down!

southland

Juniors
Sami is pushing for a wing spot as well...

At some point this season, I d like to see:

2. Gagan
3. Beale
4. Feki
5. Holmes

Card Shark

Immortal
I'd like to see all the youngsters kick on this year, resulting in this backline:

2. Gagan
3. Feki
4. Leutele
5. Holmes

Don't have any wraps on Beale. I'll have to watch him closely for a few games to see if he's worthy of a game. A bit like Johnno Wright to me, made look good by others.

ghoti

Bench
watched the replay of the tigers trial and beale looked ok, but no world beater. proven nrl quality though which is nice to have for once.

prior looked really good actually, pretty sure he'll start at 10. A Fifita was ineffective, lazy and kept dropping balls and wasting time in the rucks again...hope he pulls his head in. thought his brother outplayed him, and i didn't rate D going into the season

Card Shark

Immortal
Hope Beale can prove me wrong.

Surely Flanno has got into Andrew Fifita's ear & told him to simplify his game & cut out the crap when tackled.

Perhaps David Fifita's performance in the All-Stars was no fluke. Great to see him doing well, we need more prop depth.

island pro

Juniors
Season before last I remember Andrew saying after a brilliant solo try (paraphrasing) 'Flanno keeps telling me to tuck it under the wing and run hard and straight, but I guess I proved him wrong.' Not sure how much stock he puts in what the coach tells him, which is all well and good when he is killing it, but not so good when the team needs him to go back to basics. I know this is only one example but it shocked me at the time.

shaggs

Coach
If Fifita has another season like last year, he should change his name to tamou. A one season wonder who has played like crap since. Got his multi million dollar contract and been ordinary since. Sure he was out of condition and had injuries, but like they say in golf, no room on the scorecard for a story. All they will see is that he average 200m a game one year and 100m every game after that.

Pull his head in and do the work, get quick play the balls and when the time is right, do the sideways crab shit and he will bust teams open. Doing it every play with the wrestle and the milking is old and a detriment to the team.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
Totally agree Shaggs.

Not sure Flanno has the balls to pull him into line. He doesn't stop Gal playing 5/8.