What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your side for Round 1

island pro

Juniors
I can't see how he is under any pressure from Gagan. He will get his time in the sun, but a couple of strong runs and one miracle tackle don't make a career.

SharkShocked

Bench
I can't see how he is under any pressure from Gagan. He will get his time in the sun, but a couple of strong runs and one miracle tackle don't make a career.

Feki is a strong runner of the ball, capable defender, decent finisher, average speed, rank average in the air both offensively and defensively.

Gagan in his limited appearances has shown that hes superior in the air, both offensively and defensively, equally as good a finisher, if not quicker he's on par with Feki. Defensively he has proven to be just as capable.

Feki won't walk into the side all year, he will most certainly be under pressure. There are options now in the backline form will dictate.

feki is a plodder?? what the... :crazy:

Thats the same team Holmes played in...

Feki would make any backline in the NRL. Hardly a plodder.

I called him a semi plodder. It may have been a bit harsh but I'm trying to point out that he is a middle tier player in the NRL and is a long way from being one of the top wingers/outside backs in the competition. He has a dig, puts in, but I like my wingers to be tall and lean with sparkling blue eyes and lite chocolate skin and have the speed of a hundred gazelles with the ability to leap majestically above the pack. Feki is squat and his brillo pad hair and wide eyebrows just say average, and average is so so boring.

Val on the other hand; So handsome! So tall! So talented! Helps old ladies across the road and scores scorching tries with ease! Be in awe of the gift of youth!

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
Frank have you been reading sad sharks memoirs?? Those poetic lines are straight out his mouth.

ghoti

Bench
I called him a semi plodder. It may have been a bit harsh but I'm trying to point out that he is a middle tier player in the NRL and is a long way from being one of the top wingers/outside backs in the competition. He has a dig, puts in, but I like my wingers to be tall and lean with sparkling blue eyes and lite chocolate skin and have the speed of a hundred gazelles with the ability to leap majestically above the pack. Feki is squat and his brillo pad hair and wide eyebrows just say average, and average is so so boring.

Val on the other hand; So handsome! So tall! So talented! Helps old ladies across the road and scores scorching tries with ease! Be in awe of the gift of youth!

Hahaha...this joke post is actually 100% why I think people don't rate Feki and come up with these myths like the fact that he's poor under the high ball (scored plenty from kicks). He has an awkward running style and a bad haircut...forum footy judges consider him a plodder.

that is because he is a centre playing on the wing

thats what we do, play all our debutant outside backs on the wing

then complain about the positions they actually play

MAKES SENSE!

Panda Power 78

Juniors
Hahaha...this joke post is actually 100% why I think people don't rate Feki and come up with these myths like the fact that he's poor under the high ball (scored plenty from kicks). He has an awkward running style and a bad haircut...forum footy judges consider him a plodder.

When Feki first came over he had an awesome hairstyle , a massive 'fro which made him look about 6ft 3.
He had a bit of a fan club (family & friends , I guess) who would travel around to watch him play NSW Cup , who all had massive 'fros & would only cheer when he got the ball.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
that is because he is a centre playing on the wing

thats what we do, play all our debutant outside backs on the wing

then complain about the positions they actually play

MAKES SENSE!

That's a fair point. Let's not forget Feki's other centre partner from that unstoppable NYC team and how far he has come(the Warriors have never played hurricane on the wing). I also believe Feki is still adapting to being a first grade winger. Long term I don't think he should stay on the wing and as to why we haven't given him a chance to play his "preferred" position has me beat!

Frailty

First Grade
1. Gordon/Holmes
2. Holmes/Gordon
3. Beale
4. Feki
5. Gagan
6. Barba
7. Robson
8. Gallen
9. Ennis
10. A.Fifita (B1)
11. Lewis
12. Bakuya
13. Graham

14. Politoni
15. D.Fifita (B2)
16. Tagatese
17. Tupou

Frenzy.

Immortal
When Feki first came over he had an awesome hairstyle , a massive 'fro which made him look about 6ft 3.
He had a bit of a fan club (family & friends , I guess) who would travel around to watch him play NSW Cup , who all had massive 'fros & would only cheer when he got the ball.

Why did it make him look shorter?

I Would like to see Feki trialed at centre

I agree, imo this has to happen, we need strong runners of the ball in the centres who can hit the gaps and bust tackles

happy for leutele to show us what he has got as the incumbent with a bit pressure on him to perform, after that its Sauiluma for me

Having barba inside will help our centres as he knows how to straighten up the attack and put his outisde me through the gap

Carney on the other hand had a tendancy to run these sweeping arcs and run his outisde men out of space

Matty_C

Juniors
Been saying feki needs to be put in the centres. The guy can do, each time he runs the ball back, he is running at full speed.

Good bloke too in which he is improving each yr.

chewsta

First Grade
Feki is probably the most damaging centre we have, everyone can see it. Why the hell doesnt flanno play him there?

A centre/wing pairing of Feki and Saulima would break a lot of tackles and score plenty of tries.

ghoti

Bench
I want to see Feki at centre... But I don't know if he can pass all that well.

This is probably the reason he's never been trialled there, he does the job ok for a final pass, but his hand positioning and body shape are often pretty out of whack. His lines in traffic aren't very elusive or convincing either, but he does hold his sideline really well and in space usually manages to position himself well to head for support or the try-line.

I'm sure he could play in the centres (and obviously could in the 20s), but I don't think he's a natural centre, and without that running game, draw and pass, and ability to work in traffic, I don't think he's about to become one either. Would be great if he did, but I don't see centre written over Feki. I do think he's a great winger though.

Card Shark

Immortal
Bunch of fans on here have been saying it for over a year: Feki to centre, Gal to prop.

Heard it from the horses mouth this arvo on Talkin' Sport.

Flanno said Gal won't be playing prop unless the form of the props (Fifita * 2, Taga, Arona, Houma, Richard) is ordinary & he's forced up front.

Flanno thought we had plenty of prop depth.

I won't mind Gal wearing the 13, as long as he stays in tight & doesn't (try to) play like a 5/8.

Latest posts