What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your side v the ponys

murraymob

Coach
1... sammut if lewis out sammut half coote in
2... Rooney
3.. Jennings
4....blair
5. ..Tighe
6. ..Graham
7....lewis if in state of origin Sammut
8. ...Bell
9....Aiton
10...t.pulutua
11....pritchard
12...waterhouse
13...smith
14.. isofia
15.. rodney
16...moors
17.woolnough if not ready mckendry

Fibroman

First Grade
1... sammut if lewis out sammut half coote in
2... Rooney
3.. Jennings
4....blair
5. ..Tighe
6. ..Graham
7....lewis if in state of origin Sammut
8. ...Bell
9....Aiton
10...t.pulutua
11....pritchard
12...waterhouse
13...smith
14.. isofia
15.. rodney
16...moors
17.woolnough if not ready mckendry

I dont do this very often.............but I have to agree with your selection totally. You are on the money. We are singing from the same hymnbook!

choc_soldier

Coach
I'll third that. If both Wesser and Lewis are out, Coote should get a go at #1. Sammut and Graham in the halves would be the best balanced team with those two out.

Big Mick

Referee
Something from Left field:

1. Michael Jennings, 2. Luke Rooney, 3. Bob Blair, 4. Luke Lewis, 5. Brad Tighe, 6. Wade Graham, 7. Jarrod Sammut, 8. Matthew Bell, 9. Masada Iosefa, 10. Tony Puletua, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Trent Waterhouse, 13. Nathan Smith
RES: 14. Adam Woolnough, 15. Tim Grant, 16. Junior Moors, 17. Shane Rodney

I don't think Moors or Grant deserve to be dropped, they both played great last week. We should give Iosefa a crack to play the entire 80 and see what he has...we'll need 4 forwards against the Bronco's I reckon. Michael Jennings has also always stated he wants to try fullback. Give it a go, if it isn't working at halftime, switch up to have Sammut fullback, Jennings centre, Lewis half...

I dont mind that idea of putting jennings back to fullback. The extra touches he would get could really create some good chances for us.

It also allows lewis to move into the centers and away from the kicking duties , which would be a positive.

dwayneb

Juniors
During ABC coverage today someone, maybe Steve Mascord, said that sammut and rooney had picked up knocks and would be checked tommorow. Sammut has some sort of cork, cant remember what rooney has.

maple_69

Bench
Something from Left field:

1. Michael Jennings, 2. Luke Rooney, 3. Bob Blair, 4. Luke Lewis, 5. Brad Tighe, 6. Wade Graham, 7. Jarrod Sammut, 8. Matthew Bell, 9. Masada Iosefa, 10. Tony Puletua, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Trent Waterhouse, 13. Nathan Smith
RES: 14. Adam Woolnough, 15. Tim Grant, 16. Junior Moors, 17. Shane Rodney

I don't think Moors or Grant deserve to be dropped, they both played great last week. We should give Iosefa a crack to play the entire 80 and see what he has...we'll need 4 forwards against the Bronco's I reckon. Michael Jennings has also always stated he wants to try fullback. Give it a go, if it isn't working at halftime, switch up to have Sammut fullback, Jennings centre, Lewis half...

I actually suggested something very similar to this over on PI Mick. I think Jennings deserves a shot at the number 1 which he wants. Sammut is a 6/7 and I think he was out of position for the Dragons second try PLUS he's small. He could be targetted under the high ball.
I think we'll really struggle if Lewis is out. Just one blow to many I think.
If Sammut and Rooney are out...

Fibroman

First Grade
Jennings has filled in at fullback a couple of times this season and has been suspect under the high ball. He needs to address that. Otherwise it makes sense to have him at fullback. He needs to see more ball.

Fibroman

First Grade
Another problem with moving Jennings to fullback is that he is a very powerful defender, which would be wasted to a degree having him at fullback. He puts some great one on one shots on oppositions players.

mxlegend99

Referee
1. Jarrod Sammut
2. Luke Rooney
3. Michael Jennings
4. Maurice Blair
5. Brad Tighe
6. Luke Lewis
7. Wade Graham
8. Tony Puletua
9. Masada Iosefa
10. Matt Bell
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Trent Waterhouse
13. Nathan Smith

14. Adam Woolnough
15. Tim Grant
16. Junior Moors
17. Shane Rodney

I think the backline and halves have a good mix of size and strike power without sacrificing defence. The smallest player is tucked away at fullback and can focus solely on his attacking game. As a last line of defence, he'll probably miss more tackles then he makes... but that's the same with any fullback.

Wade Graham looked excellent defensively, but didn't get much chance to show his skills last week. So i'd move him to halfback and make him the primary kicker, followed by Sammut, Lewis then Iosefa. Lewis should only relieve pressure from Graham and Sammut, not take on the duties himself.

mxlegend99

Referee
If not, then i'd throw Paul Aiton onto the bench.

Wouldn't want to bring Sam McKendry up, as that would be starting to cripple the Under 20's team IMO.

Big Mick

Referee
Another problem with moving Jennings to fullback is that he is a very powerful defender, which would be wasted to a degree having him at fullback. He puts some great one on one shots on oppositions players.

Very true, however at fullback he wouldn't have that defensive load and would be able to play his natural attacking game. Hovering around supporting the ball runner.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Wouldn't want to bring Sam McKendry up, as that would be starting to cripple the Under 20's team IMO.

I don't know MX it seems with the depth in that squad that is very hard to cripple them.

They have had injuries throughout the year and they have had chop and change things and all the new players never seem to let us down. Players like Glasby,Orton,Arona etc have really stepped up this year and have played great.

Sad thing is at full-strength its hard to even find room for them all, when you consider in the Front Row department there is Grant,Blackett and McKendry already.

maple_69

Bench
Fibro I don't think we lose anything with Blair in the centres. That boy can put on a hit just as good as Jenko. It'd essentially be a straight swap, Jennings in for Wesser, and Sammut pushing Lewis and Tighe out wide.

I have a question mark over Jennings at fullback as well. I know he wants the shot, but from what I've seen, Gordon is the better option. So atm I think this is the best chance he'll get to lay his claim.

choc_soldier

Coach
As murray eluded to in another thread, Graham and Coote will probably get picked for the NSW U18's team that is the curtain raiser to Origin 3.

Another rethink perhaps...

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
I dont think Graham will play Origin in under 18's.
He is a great player i just dont think he will be their.

murraymob

Coach
So NSW u18's takes precedence over an NRL match?

no what happened last time was the rule that applies to players being out if selected for origin also applies to the u18 as well.Graham and coote where out last time as well.I am not even sure the u18 is being played this time it may have been a one off last origin