What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your starting back row for Round 1 ?

Defensively and in attack we have been blessed for many years of a starting pack of Gallen Lock, Lewis Right back row and Graham left back row.

Lewis has now retired and Graham will be gone for half a season or so.

We have some great young talent coming through in these positions such as Magoulias, Nikora etc. and previous bench warmers like Bukuya, Sorensen, Capewell, Jack Williams to fill the void.

Who do you put at right back row and who do you put in left back row? (Till Graham is fit) ?

Tiger Shark

Bench
If Flanno was coach I'd have been confident it would be Gallen, Sorenson and Capewell making up the starting backrow.

With Morris now coach I wonder if he'll start one of the younger guys ? Nikora for instance. Still leaning towards the above but I'd like to see what the young guys have.

Maybe Bakuya back to the edge and J Williams taking that bench middle spot ?

bluefox68

Staff member
Does Nikora play right side?

If so, start him there, and have Bukuya come off the bench - he doesn’t handle the pressure of starting.

Capewell played left centre well, so start him on the left edge.

Sorensen, as much as I want him to live up to the name, has not done so, so far.,,

Ads

First Grade
Nikora right and Jack Williams left. If not Capewell or Bakuya left side. I know Bakuya usually plays right but he should be fine shifting sides. I hope Sorensen never sees first grade again barring an injury crisis.

chewsta

First Grade
Gal, Boogs and Prior. With Woodsy and Feefs in the front row.
Capewell, Sorenson a big boppa and a utility on the bench to come on and push Prior and Gal into a prop rotation with woodsy and Feefs.
Losing Lewy and Wade sucks but it's still a formidable pack.

Ads

First Grade
Big question with Morris is will he start the youngsters. One thing bringing them through in the 20's. Big call to blood them when you're starting your career as a NRL coach and results really matter.

Weaponhead

Coach
One of either, Capewell, Nikora or Sorensen need to step up. Williams and Bukuya to stay in the middle rotation.
Agree. Sorensen didn't step up in big games last season. Capewell needs to go to another level. Bukuya can play edge but better middle as is Williams.

Back row has gone from major strength to meh for the start of the season.

tye

Juniors
I think Williams will get back to full fitness off the bench before cracking a starting spot. What I saw of him last year I liked a lot.

Card Shark

Immortal
Has the first grade squad been announced yet?

I guess we will know which juniors are in contention then.

southland

Juniors
8.Fifita
9. J Brailey
10. Prior
11. Nikora
12. Capewell
13. Gallen

14 B Brailey
15 Bukuya
16 Woods
17 J Williams

Stake Removed

First Grade
8.Fifita
9. J Brailey
10. Prior
11. Nikora
12. Capewell
13. Gallen

14 B Brailey
15 Bukuya
16 Woods
17 J Williams

I would switch Capewell for Williams.

I will be interested to see how Topai Avea goes in trials i believe he could be the smokey

carcharias

Immortal
Any news on that bloke we signed Toby???
Did his knee in some GF last year.
Big dude, long hair.