What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your team for roosters

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
What is the problem with him playing dummy half coolum?
All he has to do is step 1 metre to the left or right of where hecurrently stands & he will be in dummy half anyway.

Frenzy.

Immortal
coolumsharkie said:
Why are some of you jumping on the BK for hooker bandwagon??

Its a sh*t idea imo.

So you all want Noddy to play DH as well?

Give me a break!!

He'd be a good DH. As a halfback he can pass, something the 3 previous DHs haven't been able to do. He also won't be at risk of throwing intercepts

He's got the usual DH freedom to run and he's quick. He can even kick from DH occasionally.

Being in the middle would help his defence as he would not be exposed to so much 1 on 1 stuff. The ones he misses and put himself at risk of being on report all the time.

I've seen people here say to bring Firman back to play hooker. Buy Monaghan to play hooker. Why not BK? Is he immune to being moved?

Macca

Coach
So the guy widely recognised as the form half for the first 10 rounds of the season should play hooker for his club?

If you are going to gee us up Reefy, atleast make it believable.

sparkles

Juniors
1. peachy
2. simmons
3. vangana( scott )
4. aitkin
5. merrit
6. dykes
7. kimmorly
8. stevens ( stosic )
9. kingston
10. loo loo
11. nutley
12. baily
13. gallen

reserves
14. williams
15. bird
16. dumas
17. maiava
this covers suspensions and should stenghten the left side of defense with nuts on the left. bird to play half if needed or to concentrate on backrow. dumas is speculation but believe he is a player that lifts his performance for firsts, hits and runs hard. aitkin is no worse than goldilocks in the defence department and adds a good passing game to get the ball to merrit. merrits defensive abilities are not as bad as some would belive he has good positional play, yes he may get run over occasionally but you do at that size. As far as i know mellor and hilder are still injured. I believe nutley is a second rower and not a prop same role just allows another big boy at the start when things are through the middle. sullivan can be put in premier league, would like to see mellars in the right wing position but this will not happen. i know i have left out some favourites of some posters but there are also players i would like to see and can't find room

Generalzod

Immortal
Nuffs said:
1. Misnakov
2. Cantkicknikov
3. Armsnikov
4. Headnikov
5. Shiznikov
6. Hookernikov
7. Nodnikov
8. Puffnikov
9. Passnikov
10. Softnikov
11. Trynikov
12. Tacklenikov
13. Dropnikov

14. Softikov
15. Fuggednikov
16. Barshiznikov
17. Rapenikov

this is the Russian U/4 side which has lost by 230 in the Smirnov Cup 3 weeks in a row

they'd smash our blokes

fuggen sh*t. can't tackle. can't score. can't hold the ball. can't fuggen play. but they'd still smash us

get rid of tweety, simmons, isemonger, galloway, covell, hutch, sully, RAPER

i'm not giving $30 to watch the roosters score 50+ next week. i'll just stay at home and rip out my fingernails

fugg everyone!

That's alot of Novs....

millersnose

Post Whore
bk for hooker

now thats funny

hey dread when peach throws his intercepts maybe we could make him a prop

blacktip-reefy said:
Merrit
Scott
Goldy
Goodwin
mellars
Peach (captain coach)
Dykes
Manua
Kimmorley
Hutch
Bails
Gallen
Dumas
ciraldo
Nutts
Williams
Ice

So you've given up on this season reefy, and want to experiment? Blood a few new players? Can be the only reason for such an "interesting" team.

I'd select

Peach
Simmons
Scott (Mellars needs to tackle better to be a first grader)
Mellor
Merritt
Dykes
Kimmorley
Stosic
Bird (come back Hilder we need you)
Nutley
Bails
Williams
Gallen

Hutch
Galloway
Dumas
Sullivan

Without Stevo and Vags I think we're in trouble.

SirShire

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
Merrit
Scott
Goldy
Goodwin
mellars
Peach (captain coach)
Dykes
Manua
Kimmorley
Hutch
Bails
Gallen
Dumas
ciraldo
Nutts
Williams
Ice

I like the pack, maybe Stos for Ise though, going on his form for Newtown. LooLoo maybe for Cam Ciraldo, but I'd love to see him on debut.

Halves combo is sh*t hot. Maybe Frank Samia for Mellars though.

bluey

Bench
peach
simmo
mellor or mellars
scott
merrit
dykes
kimmorley
dumas
williams
nuts
stos
bird
gallaway

maiva
c manua
bails
aitken

This is leaving out our injured and suspened players.

Frenzy.

Immortal
coolumsharkie said:
Probably is in this team..

So who hits up a 10m steal/break from the ruck?

He's no Triester and isn't as quick as Sully.

Is he as fast as Buderus, Priddis, Woolford, Farah, Riddell, Payne, Ennis etc etc

Of course he is and all those guys regularly get 10-15 metre steals from DH.

carinashark

First Grade
Anyone butGoldy! He has so much potential but we cant afford to play him at center again or ever. He must be on the wing or PL or Syd Bulls. Its over for him. Bird is rapidly approching Goldy's fate even to he had a good game against the Tigers ( for him ok!).
Carinashark

RICHO

Juniors
We could always try to steamroll the Roosters.
Vagana and McGoldrick out suspended, replaced in the centres by Gallen and Bailey.

Forward pack (assuming Stevens is gone) could be:

8. Galloway/Hutch
9. Kingston/Bird
10. Nutley
11. Williams
12. Leuluai / Stosic
13. Dumas

Backline of:
1. Peachey
2. Simmons
3. Gallen
4. Bailey
5. Covell / Merritt
6. Dykes
7. Kimmorley

Bench:
14. Galloway/Hutch
15. Leuluai / Stosic
16. Bird / Mellor
17. Sullivan

Craigshark

First Grade
Not a bad looking team.. But i think if the Roosters got some ball, they would put some points on us.. And i also can't see Raper picking that side..

RICHO

Juniors
Nah it won't even be close to the team Craig.

I think it'd be quite effective in defence, but would struggle to score points. Potential for a 6-0 victory!

i'm not buying into swapping noddy, dykes, peach, etc. noddy is a top quality half in a form slump and in need of recognising the need to stand alittle deeper ffs

dykes has never gone any good at half. couldn't comment on peach at 5/8, but it seems a little late in his career to seriously contemplating.

if kingston's going as strong as reports suggest it couldn't hurt to give him a run while hilder's out to see how he goes. merritt and dumas seem the other likely possibles who haven't had a run in firsts yet.

i'm not hating mcgoldrick as much as some people. bird confused me last friday. i think he showed he has the potential to be more than just useless. be nice to see it more than once every 2 years or so.

imasharkie

Coach
McSharkie said:
So the guy widely recognised as the form half for the first 10 rounds of the season should play hooker for his club?

If you are going to gee us up Reefy, atleast make it believable.

Yep Kimmorley is the best half in the comp and there is no way he'll be pushed to hooker.

Definetely a gee up.

Latest posts