What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team for Round 1 Vs Canberra

Frenzy.

Immortal
Is this a what team we want to get picked or a what team we think will get picked thread?

Want = anyone at half other than Smith. I reckon he'll come good but I think he should be made to play his way into the team.

Expect = Smith to be halfback.

Bolter........Mills in the centres. Eventually anyway

Inferno

Coach
Is this a what team we want to get picked or a what team we think will get picked thread?

Want = anyone at half other than Smith. I reckon he'll come good but I think he should be made to play his way into the team.

Expect = Smith to be halfback.

Bolter........Mills in the centres. Eventually anyway

Agreed, I think it will be an interesting test for Flanno. Everything we've heard over the off season suggested that AK trained the house down, and he performed reasonably well in the first trial.

I am hoping AK isn't picked on the bench as well as a hooker, but it wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

I could be reading it wrong Inferno but I think that is the way Flanno is heading with AK (Bench Spot).

Listening to Flanno's interview that was certainly the gyst of where he was getting at when he said words to the effect of, "Kelly will definitely play first round, I just have to figure out where."

Or at least that is the way I read it, could be wrong.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
This is what I want so really flanno should take note:)

1. Gardner
2. Stapleton
3. Wright
4. Best
5. Mills
6. Kelly
7. Graham
8. Snowden
9. Morris
10. Douglas
11. Smith
12. Toops(better off bench but reality is we don't have a solid starter)
13. Gallen

14. Aiton
15. Mannah
16. Vave
17. Bukuya

Its time for a fresh start flanno....squeeze out the lemons

Obviously I've left pomm out...Its a well known fact I dont rate him as a centre so build him up as a ball playing back rower in NSW cup and if he can make his way into firsts then so be it...Collis offers nothing in attack and John Williams is in the same boat...Cordoba is not worthy of a top 17 spot and I think Clayton will be making a bench spot his towards the end of the year

Last edited:
This is what I want so really flanno should take note:)

1. Gardner
2. Stapleton
3. Wright
4. Best
5. Mills
6. Kelly
7. Graham
8. Snowden
9. Morris
10. Douglas
11. Smith
12. Toops(better off bench but reality is we don't have a solid starter)
13. Gallen

14. Aiton
15. Mannah
16. Vave
17. Bukuya

Its time for a fresh start flanno....squeeze out the lemons

Obviously I've left pomm out...Its a well known fact I dont rate him as a centre so build him up as a ball playing back rower in NSW cup and if he can make his way into firsts then so be it...Collis offers nothing in attack and John Williams is in the same boat...Cordoba is not worthy of a top 17 spot and I think Clayton will be making a bench spot his towards the end of the year

Matt Wright must be very close to being in the squad somewhere.

Especially in a back line that doesn't have to many certainties screaming out at you.

He might not get in the first round team but I'm sure he'll be in the mix in future teams if certain backs don't step up.

Mills will also be in the mix but I reckon more so in the second half of the season.

He has missed a lot of footy over two years and time in NYC building his confidence up will do him the world of good.

I agree with you also with the props on the bench.
Totally up for grabs and Flanno has plenty of options there.

carcharias

Immortal
maybe I am crazy but woudn't we better off having dougie , gal, sno, toops and jsmith staggered through the interchange?

All of them starting seems a bit silly.
At some point we will have our 2nd choice forwards either all on at once or on with exhausted 1st choice fella's.

I am by no way a coach so feel free to unload.

Omnishark2

Juniors
I think the Collis bagging is unwarranted - he is a quality centre dragged down by mediocrity. Give him some quality ball with space & he will create some points down his side.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think the Collis bagging is unwarranted - he is a quality centre dragged down by mediocrity. Give him some quality ball with space & he will create some points down his side.
The guy is injured again already. by the sounds of it won't play rnd 1 at least. There is no doubting his ability, but will he ever take the field fit? I don't think so. Hes spent the last 5 years at best, partly injured & at worst sidleined for weeks.

Quigs

Immortal
I honestly don't know who I would pick, but I know I want to see some action from the 6 and 7.

I pray that Kelly and Graham hit it off.

Just to sit infront of the box and expect something zippy would be noice.

I hope to see a lot of free riegn stuff this year. I am so sick of watching our poor imitation structured attack lacking confidence and belief.

It's early and I am still confident.

imasharkie

Coach
I honestly don't know who I would pick, but I know I want to see some action from the 6 and 7.

I pray that Kelly and Graham hit it off.

Just to sit infront of the box and expect something zippy would be noice.

I hope to see a lot of free riegn stuff this year. I am so sick of watching our poor imitation structured attack lacking confidence and belief.

It's early and I am still confident.

don't forget the old adage quigs = " there's always next year"

Omnishark2

Juniors
The guy is injured again already. by the sounds of it won't play rnd 1 at least. There is no doubting his ability, but will he ever take the field fit? I don't think so. Hes spent the last 5 years at best, partly injured & at worst sidleined for weeks.

That's disappointing to hear Reefy ... I still have highish hopes for Collis ... so I hope his year can be free of chronic injury

carinashark

First Grade
I cannot see the sence in starting Toops! He is an Impact player not an 80 min player.
Our problem will be the 2,3 and 4 and Kelly ,well he could be a big liabilty. Please let me be wrong .

bluey

Bench
I cannot see the sence in starting Toops! He is an Impact player not an 80 min player.
Our problem will be the 2,3 and 4 and Kelly ,well he could be a big liabilty. Please let me be wrong .

He is a impact player no doubt but lately he has no impact

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Also Toops offsider as opposed to alternate sider , was none other than the cheeseburger man. So Toops got double whammied. No partner & no headspace.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Anyone else wanna see Gallen start round one on the wing???

Marking the mouth....

May be no need. Bit of talk that The Mouth in The South will start in the centres. That'll give Gallen plenty of chances to touch the phugger up

Latest posts