What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team for Round 1 Vs Canberra

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
He was actually contracted to us for this year right? WE are still thin in the backs too. I heard sticky got in his ear about leaving. But why would sticky do that Fergo but not snowy et al? Would Ricky do that to Gal et al?
Wonder if we ever know the real reason he left, the reason behind the media masquerade. Shame we lost him, as dragon slayer said about him in last years trials, he was a real spark.

Inferno

Coach
He was actually contracted to us for this year right? WE are still thin in the backs too. I heard sticky got in his ear about leaving. But why would sticky do that Fergo but not snowy et al? Would Ricky do that to Gal et al?
Wonder if we ever know the real reason he left, the reason behind the media masquerade. Shame we lost him, as dragon slayer said about him in last years trials, he was a real spark.

If he did he's a merkin. He was still on the books with us and HE was the one who didn't want to step down and wanted to finish the season off with us.

Perhaps Snowy didn't have the coach get out clause?

At the end of the day it was a huge loss to us, and he had a truckload of potential, but at the end of the day people will probably remember him badmouthing the team more than they will the freakish trys he scored.

That's disappointing to hear Reefy ... I still have highish hopes for Collis ... so I hope his year can be free of chronic injury

I agree with you mate.

I was happy when we signed Collis.

I'm still holding out, maybe in vain.

I think he is a natural footballer with a good football brain and intuition.

Collis and Pom are poles apart in this regard. Don't get me wrong, Pom is the archetypal centre of todays game and I hope he can retain his form from late last year. But for some reason I just don't think he has the footy between the ears to make it in the backline, nor the natural body positioning in contact to make it in the pigs.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Think like the other 95% of league supporters who know hald the story. I've already had it said to me how stupid we are didnt resign him.

azzah72

Bench

Mudine, That's what happened.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I think the Collis bagging is unwarranted - he is a quality centre dragged down by mediocrity. Give him some quality ball with space & he will create some points down his side.

Each to their own mate but IMO he is not a first grade standard centre. A good centre can break a tackle he wouldn't know how...he relies on others creating his line breaks

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Ferg will put 2 trys on us. What was the media "reason" for him leaving again?

Ferg can thank the Labrador for getting anywhere near the raiders first grade team.

If ferg puts two tries on us I will personally shout you 2 drinks of your choice in round 2....

Quigs

Immortal
I know I wont forget what he said about his team mates while still playing and getting picked.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Collis and Pom are poles apart in this regard. Don't get me wrong, Pom is the archetypal centre of todays game and I hope he can retain his form from late last year. But for some reason I just don't think he has the footy between the ears to make it in the backline, nor the natural body positioning in contact to make it in the pigs.

Totally agree ... Pom has the physical attributes and shows glimpses of attacking potency ... but he just doesn't have the football smarts (not to mention his shocking hands)

Ken Ebb

Juniors
1 Gardner
2 Wright
3 Pomeroy
4 Collis
5 Best
6 Kelly
7 Graham
8 Snowden
9 Morris
10 Douglas
11Cordoba
12 Smith
13 Gallen

14 Mannah
15 Aiton
16 Tuopou
17 B Wright

azzah72

Bench
matt wright on the wing? He's built like greg bird!

I think pomm on the wing would be better if you were going down that route. play like tuiquri

nulla boy

Juniors
1.Gardner
2.Best
3.Wright
4.Pommeroy
5.Gordon
6.Kelly
7.Graham
8.Snowden
9.Aiton
10.Douglas
11.J.Smith
12.Toupou
13.Gallen

14.Mannah
15.Clayton
16.T.Smith
17.B.Wright

Ken Ebb

Juniors
matt wright on the wing? He's built like greg bird!

I think pomm on the wing would be better if you were going down that route. play like tuiquri

I'd like to see him somewhere in there.

Pomeroy played pretty well at the back end of last season and I reckon Collis is pretty underated as a centre so those 2 would be my choice for centres.

Best for the wing is a no brainer (next to Collis as he tends to pass the ball more than Pomeroy) and yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Wright on the other wing. Not a huge fan of Stapleton, hope he changes my mind cause I reckon he'll probably get the spot.

01 N.Gardner
02 J.Williams
03 D.Collis
04 B.Pomeroy
05 C.Best
06 W.Graham
07 T.Smith
08 K.Snowden
09 J.Morris
10 L.Douglas
11 P.Gallen
12 A.Tupou
13 J.Smith

14 P.Aiton
15 J.Mannah
16 S.Vave
17 J.Bukuya

tabsportsbet has us the $3 outsider against the Raiders in Round 1.

Raiders are $1.38.

Anyone game putting some dosh on the Sharkies?

We have a great record against them in recent times down there.

Latest posts