What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team for round one 2005

MOON MAN

Juniors
Why are so many eagles fans putting Ashley Alberts in their team. He isn't that great. I would have Chris Hicks over him anyday of the week.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Hmmmmm..... decisions, decisions... :-k Is it better to have: (A). two good centres one good winger and one average winger, or: (B). two good wingers, a good centre and an average centre??

If (A). is a better option, and the choice were mine, Penrith would look like this for next year:

1. Wesser
2. Howland/Clayton
3. Lewis
4. Franze
5. Rooney
6. Campbell
7. Gower (C.)
8. Clinton
9. Priddis
10. Ross
11. Galuvao
12. Puletua
13. Waterhouse

14. Rodney
15. Pritchard
16. Galea
17. Swain

However, if (B). is a better option my line-up would be:

1. Wesser
2. Lewis
3. Galea
4. Franze
5. Rooney
6. Campbell
7. Gower (C.)
8. Clinton
9. Priddis
10. Ross
11. Galuvao
12. Puletua
13. Waterhouse

14.Rodney
15. Pritchard
16. Crossman/Wrigley
17. Swain.

Will be interesting to see what Langy does with the boys.

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Pantherjim.

Referee
Kris_man said:
surely Galea's better than Franze??

Galea runs hot and cold, but having said that, he's still a very capable player and I'm glad we have him for 3 more years. I'm sure he'll improve tremendously.

Aside from being injury prone, I've heard nothing but praise for Paul Franze, so I'll be excited to watch him play next year.

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Kris_man

Bench
Aside from being injury prone, I've heard nothing but praise for Paul Franze, so I'll be excited to watch him play next year.
well, you're about to hear something other than praise:

2002 Franze: seems to be a real gun player - size and skill.

2004 Franze: got nothing. i saw him in one sharks first grade game and one sharks PL game - he did nothing in either match.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Kris_man said:

2004 Franze: got nothing. i saw him in one sharks first grade game and one sharks PL game - he did nothing in either match.

Maybe you're right, but I've heard that Amos was pretty quiet when he was playing for the Dragons in 2003, and look at how he shaped up in 2004. I think the change did Amos a world of good, and I'm hoping it will do the same for Paul Franze. ;-)

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

CC_Eagle

First Grade
MOON MAN said:
Why are so many eagles fans putting Ashley Alberts in their team. He isn't that great. I would have Chris Hicks over him anyday of the week.

Just hoping for the best :D We need a quality centre to partner Hicks bad.

t-ba

Post Whore
I don't think it's fair on Hicks to play him out of position. He's a Winger, and he was looking very good there until he shifted into the centres (Still looked solid, but nowhere near as potent. He doesn't pass the f*cking ball!!!). I'm sure something of Toshack/Styles/Alberts/Mullane/Lunchettni/NBQ/Steppa can fill the centres.

As for Hecks: He is at the top of his game. King has been hampered by a range of injuries since early last year. He seemed to finally get over them late this year and his form looked ominous. A full offseason should see him get close to the potential that Gould reckons he has. That's a level that an honest workhorse like Hecks can't reach I'm Afraid.

lolesi

First Grade
Pantherjim. said:
Kris_man said:

Maybe you're right, but I've heard that Amos was pretty quiet when he was playing for the Dragons in 2003, and look at how he shaped up in 2004. I think the change did Amos a world of good, and I'm hoping it will do the same for Paul Franze. ;-)

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

To be fair to him, he did fnd some form late in the year and i would of liked to keep him :| but i sure do hope he goes well at Penrith and i think it can be a descision that comes back to bite us in the bottom.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Kris_man said:
Knights fans: what have you got against Craig Hall??? maybe i just haven't seen enough Knights matches, but he has a blinder every time i see you guys play!
To be honset, I forgot about Hall :oops: :lol:
I think he will start as a Winger before Cooper next yr. It may pan out differently by the end of the season.

Stomp

Juniors
For the Brisbane Broncos, i'd be looking at something like this:

A possible backline for 2005:

FullbackKarmichael Hunt
WingGary Tupou
CentreJustin Hodges
CentreShaun Berrigan
WingBrent Tate
Five-EighthDarren Lockyer
Half-BackBrett Seymour

A possible Forward Pack in 2005:

LockTonie Carroll
Second RowCorey Parker
Second RowBrad Thorn
Front RowShane Webcke
HookerBarry Berrigan
Front RowPetero Civoniceva

Stomp

Stomp

Juniors
Alot of people would.

It's just Hodges is too slow on the wing and some of his past efforts aren't too great.

Brent Tate doesn't want to be pushed out to the wing, will be intresting to see what happends.

Stomp

freeridermx

Juniors
for the buldogs harris and utai will miss the start of the season with surgery utai is out for 6 months so the club said and harris 3 before they will train again so i have heard . harris will be back close to the start id think

Ray

Juniors
1 Webb, 2 Vuna, 3 Ropati, 4 Toopi, 5 Meli, 6 Fien, 7 Jones; 8 Palea'aesina, 9 Latu, 10 Price, 11 Wiki, 12 L Anderson, 13 V Anderson

14 Hohaia, 15 Villasanti, 16 Lauaki, 17 Guttenbeil

Biglance

Bench
1 Hornby 2 Naiqama 3 Gasnier 4 Cooper 5 Simmonds 6 Barrett 7 Head
8. Bailey 9. Gorrell 10. Ryles 11. Young 12. Thompson 13. Timmins

14. Sims
15. Poore
16. Creagh
17. Ennis

Big Mick

Referee
Ray - Don't think you bought Todd Byrne to play for some Kiwi provisional club in bartercard, he is there to play First Grade.

BigLance, same thing with Colin Best.

Biglance

Bench
u asked what i would do thats what i would do i believe best is not best he is poo and wes naiqama has waited long enough for first grade

Stomp

Juniors
I hear the Dragons have huge wraps on Naiqama, I quoted someone saying the "Next Sonny Bill" :roll:

How good is this bloke?

Stomp