What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your thoughts on taking a game to the country

I think all clubs should sacrifice one game per year but it needs to be a good ground with a big crowd. If the members lose out the club at least needs to be remunerated financially.

Argee instead of city v country why not just have that round played in the country and no clubs lose players to that waste of a game...
Then more people could get to watch there teams up close rather then just one game ..

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
I think all clubs should sacrifice one game per year but it needs to be a good ground with a big crowd. If the members lose out the club at least needs to be remunerated financially.

I think Canberra should sacrifice their home game against us EVERY YEAR ! :D

saint06

Juniors
i think its a rubbish idea.

if we were to have "take a game to the country round" who's to say that one team is the home team for a few years and then loses out on one of their home matches for a few years, while another team, is the away team for a few years, and theirs fans dont lose out?

Dont Saints have a Country membership promotion? Allows supporters in the country to have membership for a few home games etc etc. Whats wrong with doing it that way?

They host City vs Country every year in the country, that the best way to take a game to the country. No gives a rats about City/Country, that way you satisfy the country's want of a game - take it to a different area every year.

Morotti

Juniors
If you want to take a round to the country then it should be one of the rounds around state of origin time. But you need Govt dollars and some really good management to make it financially feasible.

possm

Coach
Make SOO a stand alone weekend and allow NRL clubs to schedule a promotional game in country areas if they want.

Stagger Lee

Bench
I would be happy for 5 games at Kogarah and 5 games at Wollongong each year. Then the remaining 2 can be sent either to bigger venues OR to another area.

If we can get country councils on board and get some decent money for taking a game there and get a good return, then I am happy to. That is sadly what it will come down to in the end.

And why would councils 'get on board'? Why would Kogarah council help us again if so many of the fans want to reduce the number of games played in Kogarah to only 5 per year.

I can't believe that so many fans would be happy with only 5 games at Kogarah ...f**k :x

gypsy

Bench
No.

There is no money in the country. There will never be.
We need to be growing the game by exposing it to new audiences. We need to target audiences who will become regular league viewers. Billy Bob in the bush, who can't be arsed watching a game unless its in his backyard, isn't the market we want.

Take a home game overseas.

Last edited:

zegs

Juniors
Central Coast stadium. I reckon a large majority of Country Ticketed members will be from the area. But I'll just stick to watching Manly/Tigers/Souths at CCS :crazy: