What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yvonne Sampson signs with Fox Sports

LESStar58

Referee
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/6dbf8e24d9156b802665de9a8d526780

Sampson sidelined until NRL round 17 while Nine and Fox thrash out a deal
6dbf8e24d9156b802665de9a8d526780

Michael Carayannis and Christian Nicolussi, The Daily Telegraph
January 12, 2017 5:26pm

POPULAR presenter Yvonne Sampson will be forced to wait until round 17 of the NRL season to make her debut on Fox Sports should a legal battle with former employer Nine fail to be resolved.

Sampson finished up with Nine on December 31, with a non-compete clause in her contract preventing her from appearing on the pay-TV network until July 1.

The matter is now being thrashed out between lawyers for Nine and Fox.

Both camps were remaining tight-lipped on Thursday.

While Fox are holding out hope Sampson will be given the chance to start work when the NRL season begins, Sampson herself is privately bracing for a late, late introduction to her new gig.

As it stands Sampson cannot even feature in any Fox promotions, despite the network launching its 24/7 NRL channel next month.

Sampson, who is one of the most likeable talents on the box, still has plenty of admirers at Nine given the reception she received from former colleagues at the Sydney Test last week.

She was even invited into the Nine commentary box.

f**k Nine. If you were so concerned with your rival being in a position to take advantage of all she offers then maybe you shouldn't have let her go in the first place.

Idiots.

TheRam

Coach
Oh great, I was really looking forward to her presents and charm on Fox. I was hoping she would headline her own NRL show too. Oh well lets hope something is sorted before the start of the season.

Nine the gift that keeps on giving. Jeez I'm so glad I hardly ever have to watch that network for anything anymore.

Generalzod

Immortal
yeah I thought she was gone from nine as well the other day though she was doing the sports report segment on nine news.

IMO she has gone from a quite respected host to a puppet..

Her tone of voice is like she is teaching kindergarten... like we are all 3 years old.

I personally can’t stand her.

undertaker

Coach
Absolutely. Over the top and constantly whinging. Being surrounded by wankers like Kent and Hooper will do that to you.

100% agree with you. Couldn't have said it better regarding the incessant whinging.

Also, I've noticed she's aged quite a lot compared to when she was on the Channel 9 Footy Show during 2013-16.

This is the Yvonne I remember:

6c9f74dfaf32f1ee6942fe899591e09c

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
It’s a shame because I used to enjoy her contributions on Nine. Now she’s just another Fox League sensationalist stooge.

undertaker

Coach
IMO she has gone from a quite respected host to a puppet..

Her tone of voice is like she is teaching kindergarten... like we are all 3 years old.

I personally can’t stand her.

Agree with you regarding the persona she's developed since joining Fox League.

However, of all the women on Fox League (Sampson, Pitt, Yates, Hollis, Barnard, Freedman etc), Hannah Hollis is the one I absolutely can't stand listening to. A case of "It's not what you know, but who you know". Have no idea how she got a gig there, as her voice sounds like someone dragging their nails down a black board and her whole demeanour in general reminds me of the movie Mean Girls.

The segment on the Matty Johns Show in the past when her and Paul Kent appeared on the couch together discussing RL issues from the week gone by was the part when I changed the channel.

taipan

Referee
Most of these commentators are mistake prone or as exciting as an explosion,but of the lot the one that upsets my Jimmies the most(apart form Flush Fact Buzz)is Gould;No,no,no,no etc etc"
or "That wasn't a high tackle just because his arm is entwined around the attacker's neck."
'This young guy is one that the Rooster's have had their eyes on for some time'." "Penrith have a wonderful Academy." "I give up, with some of these pedantic decisions via the rules, just let it go."

Vee

First Grade
Agree with you regarding the persona she's developed since joining Fox League.

However, of all the women on Fox League (Sampson, Pitt, Yates, Hollis, Barnard, Freedman etc), Hannah Hollis is the one I absolutely can't stand listening to. A case of "It's not what you know, but who you know". Have no idea how she got a gig there, as her voice sounds like someone dragging their nails down a black board and her whole demeanour in general reminds me of the movie Mean Girls.

The segment on the Matty Johns Show in the past when her and Paul Kent appeared on the couch together discussing RL issues from the week gone by was the part when I changed the channel.
Agree with your assessment now but I saw her on the SBS indigenous footy show before Fox and I thought she was pretty good.

I think it's just part of the training to make it about the broadcasters' personalities rather than the footy.

Latest posts