What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

SnowDragon

Juniors
At this stage Lomax is saying the right things, playing the right way. I for one will not say negatives on the guy. clearly there is an issue, but I don’t know why, and if it comes from him, the manager or whatever. We know he wanted centre or fullback, even a halves position, but he is on the wing. Let’s wait and see, my bet, is that if the team performs and he does, this will all go away.

Flanno has the right approach. Line in the sand, not this year, let’s chat in a few weeks when your settled down a little and we see how the plan works . Nice.

Last edited:

SGMax

Juniors
I wish somebody would tell Lomax we are playing with 3 centres which allows us to play 2 centres alongside each other like used to happen a long time ago.
This also happens when an extra front rower is selected to beef up the forward pack or an extra 2nd rower to make it more mobile.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
At this stage Lomax is saying the right things, playing the right way. I for one will not say negatives on the guy. clearly there is an issue, but I don’t know why, and if it comes from him, the manager or whatever. We know he wanted centre or fullback, even a halves position, but he is on the wing. Let’s wait and see, my bet, is that if the team performs and he does, this will all go away.

Flanno has the right approach. Line in the sand, not this year, let’s chat in a few weeks when your settled down a little and we see how the plan works . Nice.

BLM01

First Grade
Do you reckon thats still the case though? Comparing wingers and centres salaries that is. There must be some pretty well paid wingers around these days.
Whats To'o on? I think I read 800K somewhere.
It is now although JAC is on good coin
Bradman Best has paved the way if you are an average player and then you have a breakout season and make origin in a contract renewal year then you get the big bucks
He is now the benchmark all centres want his coin as per player managers
Farnsworth, Wighton and Crichton are others

Jim Dragons

Juniors

Didn't we all go thru this mid last season once Flanno signed as coach. He offered Bud and Zac the opportunity to look elsewhere if they wanted as per the noises that were being made. The only stipulations were that we won't add a cent to their renewed contract with anyone else - and they come back with any offers to discuss. I think once Flan (jnr) was signed Bud saw the writing on the wall. I don't think anyone was going to pay Zac the dollars he was on. After last week's game Zac's stocks have gone up... but even at another club he would have to accept that you get paid to play any position in the back 5. If Zac continues to play the way he did last week he could get interest now at the dollars he is on... but his manager must be saying to him... mate you're a stronger chance to play origin on the wing BUT you you play wing why leave the Dragons?

kit66

Bench
There's a couple of things I wish Zac and others would keep in mind, firstly, as someone posted in here recently - Flanno showed Zac the stats showing him rating 24th in Centre stocks - there's 34 first choice centres plus maybe another 1 player per club as a good back up. That's not very impressive for a guy on $800k.
Second, Zac is one of the most error prone players in the league having been top or close in that ranking for a few years now with barely any improvement - excuses aside, at $800k it's not acceptable.
And lastly his effort last week was close to his best effort since he debuted for us - why's that ?
If he's upset we've been a basket case for years he should also put his hand up and say " I was part of the problem ".

Sage63

Juniors
There's a couple of things I wish Zac and others would keep in mind, firstly, as someone posted in here recently - Flanno showed Zac the stats showing him rating 24th in Centre stocks - there's 34 first choice centres plus maybe another 1 player per club as a good back up. That's not very impressive for a guy on $800k.
Second, Zac is one of the most error prone players in the league having been top or close in that ranking for a few years now with barely any improvement - excuses aside, at $800k it's not acceptable.
And lastly his effort last week was close to his best effort since he debuted for us - why's that ?
If he's upset we've been a basket case for years he should also put his hand up and say " I was part of the problem ".
If he is unable to look at himself, objectively, & is blaming the Dragons for is pathetic blight, he should just go!

steerlerbab

Juniors
Everybody thought Zac will play State of Origin, but he has not reached Origin heights yet and he is still behind so many good centres in the game (apparently there were more than 20 centres in front of him based on last year's stats). He had one standout game in the wing. But we have to see more to know he has finally turned the corner especially against top teams. We have to see him compete against the likes of Cobbo, Campbell Graham and Crichton and then judge him. The club has told Zac he is not going anywhere this year and I applaud the club because if we let him go then we have to bring back Fegai who is definitely not First Grade. Apparently the club is looking for Wallaby Jordan Petaia and let's not forget Allan and Ramsay are both are out for the season.

So if if I were Zac, I try to own that wing spot. This year is his chance. Finally, Zac should also remember that moving to another club does not work always. Anyway, against Gold Coast he had a blinder.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Do you reckon thats still the case though? Comparing wingers and centres salaries that is. There must be some pretty well paid wingers around these days.
Whats To'o on? I think I read 800K somewhere.
I think at the end of the day if you are a winger or a centre the best players get the most money . And the bottom clubs have to pay overs to attract or keep those players .

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Just reading a headlines article (I havnt read the full story) supposibly from Telegraph that Hunt has confirmed Lomax wants out of the club....has someone else read the full article as yet.....now whether thats old news or whatever I dont know but if true it does nothing for the moral of the team does it...first Hunt now Lomax....it bemuses me if true that the rumored 2 of the highest paid players want out....personally I'm getting to the stage that I don't give a toss whether they go or not......I can't believe that these 2 have carried on when you consider the coin that their on

Lovemedragons

Juniors
E
Just reading a headlines article (I havnt read the full story) supposibly from Telegraph that Hunt has confirmed Lomax wants out of the club....has someone else read the full article as yet.....now whether thats old news or whatever I dont know but if true it does nothing for the moral of the team does it...first Hunt now Lomax....it bemuses me if true that the rumored 2 of the highest paid players want out....personally I'm getting to the stage that I don't give a toss whether they go or not......I can't believe that these 2 have carried on when you consider the coin that their on

What in the f is Hunt doing here? He cannot be serious coming out to the media with this stuff, this is just the fodder the media and Dragon haters want to hear and see. How does this unnecessary talk help the team that he is leading (down the toilet). Things aren't getting better until he has gone and a real leader is put in place.

I still haven't heard from Lomax that he wants to leave.
What business is it of that fkn perpetually downcast-looking white-ant Hunt to make announcements to the press on another player's behalf?!
Signing (C) Hunt was the biggest mistake this club has made in the last miserable decade of dreading water while drifting towards the edge of a waterfall.
D*ckhead players, d*ckhead board, d*ckhead me for still caring about it.

Latest posts