What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

JDB folks, is not likely to get much interest from other clubs. He still tackles well, but moves slowly these days.
He either takes a major pay cut with us or does a 🇬🇧 super league retirement project
I agree that he's fallen off from his peak levels. He's still a useful player. But he'll be another year older next year. He could be just as good, but he could be a lot worse. Another year at his age can (but doesn't have to) push a player off a cliff. A new contract with us or another club will depend on him being prepared to take less money. It's not impossible. Look at Aaron Woods. He has swallowed his pride and seems happy in a reduced role at a reduced salary.

SBD82

Coach
Can’t believe how many of you blokes are happy for a Tigers supporter to come in here and shit all over one of our players. The talk in here about loyalty is absolutely hypocritical when you’re happy to bag him with a Tigers supporter based on nothing but gossip. For now, he wears our jersey, he hasn’t done anything to let the team down on the field and he’s one of ours.

I hope Zac completely destroys the Tigers this weekend.

Jbjbjb40

Juniors
Why he hates flanno and the current regime is the nub of it.

I expect he’s been straight with them about this, they can’t find a common ground anywhere…and that’s why they’ve released him.

He is a good player, I think they would have tried pretty hard to sort it out, but he simply won’t come to the table.

So they smashed him.
They didn’t try pretty hard at all. And at $850k I can only thank them. The continuous slide down the ladder is over 🤞

Jbjbjb40

Juniors
I have this nagging feeling there is a silent, but disruptive, rift in the player group, Yes, at training, and on field, very hard to label Lomax as a non team player. The fact that Lomax has the ability to leave off-field dramas off-field does not mean his influence will not affect others game day.

I'm guessing the two main groups are based around Hunt and Lomax and of course there is always a neutral group. It may even explain Blake Laurie's form (Lomax camp)

I've seen Hunt give Lomax a couple of right royal sprays on field this year. Such displays are usually not so public between captain and the continuous best on-field performer, even if the mistake deserved a spray..

It's so subtle that I think it's taken coach a while to identify, but I'm sure something is going on that we are not fully aware of.
Lomax a team player!? Only since he has been asking for a release has he shown some signs of heart in my opinion. As soon as the flick passes started missing the mark it has all been down hill

Notwithstanding his current outlook, i think Zac will be amped up for the game v the Tigers.

It’s a game both clubs are entitled to think is winnable as reflected in a pretty close odds market.

I think it’s going to be a great game no matter what and I’m really looking forward to it.

sammymills

Juniors
Can’t believe how many of you blokes are happy for a Tigers supporter to come in here and shit all over one of our players. The talk in here about loyalty is absolutely hypocritical when you’re happy to bag him with a Tigers supporter based on nothing but gossip. For now, he wears our jersey, he hasn’t done anything to let the team down on the field and he’s one of ours.

I hope Zac completely destroys the Tigers this weekend.
i hope he does too. I can understand why tigers supporters come in here, i assumed all threads would be like ours but the tigers forum only has like 6 people that post lol. Misery loves company.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
As soon as the flick passes started missing the mark it has all been down hill
That is why I f**ken haaaaateeee when ex nrl players like Joey and Freddy or commentators/journos in general blow smoke up young players arses. It either:

- Puts too much pressure on the player (e.g. Luke Brooks and Joey, hell, even Vossy called Amone Benji when he shredded the Panthers from the bench.

- They think they're better than they play and stop trying once they get their big paycheck. See Latrell, Schuster for reference.

Zac is a case of the former. Tries way too hard based on all the gifted one shit and Gasnier comparisons based on a couple good flicks and he even started doing it in our own half, probably because he thought he was the only one who could get some attacking spark in. That may seem hypocritical as we ourselves say it as posters, but here's the difference - none of the players read what we say, so it's fine. It's these big names that get in their ear... That's when the problems start

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Parra looking for an exemption from the NRL to pay Zac less than 850k. Let me guess, NRL will allow it. I would like to see the reason behind it if the NRL let this go and if they do, the floodgates will open going forward. That rule was probably put in place to stop the anti-tampering and now they want it gone.

The eels application for an exemption should be good reading.

We’ve got our own $2 shop version of Lomax out on the wing, signed off to the cowboys when we were rancid.

Our way of dealing with him is to basically ignore him. Scores a try = “yay”

Parra looking for an exemption from the NRL to pay Zac less than 850k. Let me guess, NRL will allow it. I would like to see the reason behind it if the NRL let this go and if they do, the floodgates will open going forward. That rule was probably put in place to stop the anti-tampering and now they want it gone.
I guess the flip side would be us topping him up?
He was happy to walk away - mutual for club - no bullshit "I've lost the love of the game" crap and, let's face it, he is not worth 850 to any club, including us.
I'd be happy for them to get exception. Zac then the only big $$ loser.

Something still doesn't sit right about the whole affair but haven't worked that one out yet.

I guess the flip side would be us topping him up?
He was happy to walk away - mutual for club - no bullshit "I've lost the love of the game" crap and, let's face it, he is not worth 850 to any club, including us.
I'd be happy for them to get exception. Zac then the only big $$ loser.

Something still doesn't sit right about the whole affair but haven't worked that one out yet.
I think it’s a personal thing, being sent to the wing may be factor, bad advice, rumours of rifts. Maybe a combination.

But he was on a good wicket at SGI, the season has barely started so its a premature assessment.

A whole season might have been better to assess Flanno and the new regime. But he couldn’t wait I guess.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Let's face it, he has 2 years left on his contract. He should not even have to think about anything else but playing good footy for the 2 years and get paid good coin. If he does not have an option to go somewhere else this would have gone away no questions asked. He obviously has hence why the kaos. Do you honestly believe nobody be it his manager or another club has not been in his ear to leave the club and join them? If you have no option you put up and wait as there is nothing to think about but play for the 1 club. If the NRL cave in that is pretty disrespectful to the player as the rules are in place they should not be changed to suit others when they need to. Parra knew he would cost 850k so suck it up and lose a player or 2 if you cannot afford him. They cannot have their cake and eat it.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It would be funny if the NRL agree to this and the Roosters swoop in and get him for 700k or whatever they are offering as I believe they are keen but not on the price of 850k.

justadragon

Bench
Let's face it, he has 2 years left on his contract. He should not even have to think about anything else but playing good footy for the 2 years and get paid good coin. If he does not have an option to go somewhere else this would have gone away no questions asked. He obviously has hence why the kaos. Do you honestly believe nobody be it his manager or another club has not been in his ear to leave the club and join them? If you have no option you put up and wait as there is nothing to think about but play for the 1 club. If the NRL cave in that is pretty disrespectful to the player as the rules are in place they should not be changed to suit others when they need to. Parra knew he would cost 850k so suck it up and lose a player or 2 if you cannot afford him. They cannot have their cake and eat it.
Totally agree Slip, but I would take it one step further, 2.5 seasons left on your contract, we dont care about personality issues, we are paying you overs to perform, the coach just put you in the position he thinks best suite the team. So shut up and do as you are told at the end of your contract piss off. I blame Hunt for this, I wont play here and I wont play there, as the captain FFS. Yes it certainly does look like double standards and that sits with Flanno, I dont think he has much choice atm, we have Marshke and KF who was brought as a 9-14. We are just in a shit position with our halves, and I think Flanno had no faith in Sullivan, we shall see this weekend.

TruSaint

Referee
That is why I f**ken haaaaateeee when ex nrl players like Joey and Freddy or commentators/journos in general blow smoke up young players arses. It either:

- Puts too much pressure on the player (e.g. Luke Brooks and Joey, hell, even Vossy called Amone Benji when he shredded the Panthers from the bench.

- They think they're better than they play and stop trying once they get their big paycheck. See Latrell, Schuster for reference.

Zac is a case of the former. Tries way too hard based on all the gifted one shit and Gasnier comparisons based on a couple good flicks and he even started doing it in our own half, probably because he thought he was the only one who could get some attacking spark in. That may seem hypocritical as we ourselves say it as posters, but here's the difference - none of the players read what we say, so it's fine. It's these big names that get in their ear... That's when the problems start

Wish i could like this post twice. Admin ?
Well said my man.

Dragon David

First Grade
Exactly this. "Bending" the rules to get an advantage in signing a player for less coin. If the NRL agrees with this then, what else will happen to their "get out of jail" rules?

Latest posts