What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeb free to play against Manly

dazeely

First Grade
at the time thought it may have been for Morro but he soon put that to rest with his barnstoming effort. great to have him back. I'm sure hindy would agree.

BG

Juniors
ParraAds said:
All part of the super coach's mind games.

Which won us the minor premiership last year. And don't give me any rubbish about the minor premiership not being worth much... fact is that Smithy's team management -- call them "mind games" if it pleases your own small one -- have proven extremely effective on a week-to-week basis. That's why he turned the Saints around from a decade in the doldrums, that's why Parra have 7 semis appearances and 2 minor premierships after 10 years of threatening to win only the spoon.

Incidentally, biggest "mind game" he played all last year was the extended bench first time round against the Cowboys. Gee that was a disaster. So much better when the major semi came around and the selections were nice and straight forward. :roll:

Fact is, these things aren't going to make or break a football team. But during the season proper there isn't any other coach who handles a squad as well as Smithy. And in every instance when he has had a team going well, without too many injuries, his results on a week-to-week basis have backed that up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eloquentEEL said:
for some reason i get the impression that Stringer's back is playing up... Vella was in full gear before the match on Friday night and I get the feeling that the final decision on who was playing wasn't made until just before they ran out. could also explain why Stringer hasn't been in the best form lately?

they always take an extra man to the warm ups incase someone went down.

Latest posts