What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zero Tolerance

Weaponhead

Coach
This is a real danger game for us. We need a fast start to keep them down. Start flat and we may struggle ie Tigers last night.

This is a good game to implement the 'midweek moves'. We need to make sure that we ask questions of their edge defenders who are prone to bad reads. We need a strong game from Bird to open them up on the edges creating space for Kearney to finish.

My concern is that Souths come out and play an offload game. We have struggled against teams who play fast with multiple phases of play ie Tigers. IMO we need to play up tempo early and not get into too much of a grind.

unlike most of you blokes i watch alot of souths matches.

they play a uniquely dull style of footy. 1 guy runs the ball up, no one follows. if you watch closely on the tv, you can only see 1 souths player in the shot each tackle. no one runs either side, no one trails.

they do this 5 times, Asotasi 1 pass off the ruck. Greenfield, sutton..hegarty will run from dummy half.

on the 5th they kick it straight to the fullback or winger. no turning around.

when they get field position...the backs never get quality ball because the fowards run 1 out and the halves give no direction. no one runs with anyone. Merritt never trails the likes of asotasi, widders etc. no one tries anything tricky. basically 1 guy runs, gets tackled. plays the ball very slowly..pass..tackled. on the 4th they put it through the hands.

a standard souths set near the line is 5 tackles for about 8 meters going side ways..then kick it into the feet of the opposition or over the dead ball line.

in defence, their line speed is the slowest by far in the comp. they basically stand there and wait for you to make 10-12 meters.
they also have a hole the size of redfern on the right hand side. Sutton never commits to anything. they had gordon on the right centre and he was useless. now they have moved talanoa and the same poor structure has shown up. this means that paulson has to come in every time..miss the tackle and a try is scored with a winger standing on his own with enough time to walk over to the try line.

Kidwell also tends to niggle in the ruck. hes lazy, puts his hands and feet in the play the ball and is penalised 2 times a game minimum.

thats how they play. simple. stupid footy.

our attack may be poor, but these guys have NO DIRECTION AT ALL.

if we cant beat them on monday........well f**k me a may have to hang myself off the flagpole at parliament house.

chiana

Juniors
Reminds me of our game V the Rooters last year, we were in good form, they sucked. We were expected to romp it home, they win with a FG.
If we lose this week, I am deadset gonna cry.

PS Long time reader, 1st time poster. Go easy Sharks fans.

Welcome Aboard
Just remeber that I'm the pretty one here.

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
Here Here on the Zero tolerance. How many times of late has this mob done us over when we should have won for all money, hands down etc etc. I for one, will be one p%^&ZZ$% off Sharkies supporter if we get beat on Monday.

DJDL

Bench
unlike most of you blokes i watch alot of souths matches.

they play a uniquely dull style of footy. 1 guy runs the ball up, no one follows. if you watch closely on the tv, you can only see 1 souths player in the shot each tackle. no one runs either side, no one trails.

they do this 5 times, Asotasi 1 pass off the ruck. Greenfield, sutton..hegarty will run from dummy half.

on the 5th they kick it straight to the fullback or winger. no turning around.

Maybe their video library is full of tapes of Kimmorley