What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeus

Johns Magic

Referee
Hey I'm just wondering what all you guys think of Ryan "Zeus" McGoldrick?
Have you been pleased with him this year? Do you think he was a good buy? Any particular parts of his game that you like/dislike?
I am interested because he was a nice guy and my dad was his union coach last year. But don't hold that against me ;-)

Craigshark

First Grade
At the start of the year he was a bit rusty and i wasnt very impressed at all i have to admit.. But since he was dropped and then brough back in to First Grade he has been going great..
To sum it all up, he is a good player with a lot of potentiel, in my opinion..

bstore

Juniors
He has come on in leaps and bounds the last couple of weeks and is really starting to create a quality combo with Simmons, which will make Riecks task of regaining his spot very hard.
Due to his Union pedigree last year, when ever he makes a break he shapes to kick which always puts the defence in 2 minds, good tatic

Dr. Funkenstein

Juniors
his defence has been good and i think he has scored tries in the last two games 2 vs rabbitohs. he cannset up some line breaks for simmo to

Anonymous

Juniors
Simmo has scored some top tries, and its on the back of some fine distribution from McGoldrick. He passes well, can score a try and has good pace. Defence can be a bit sus at times, but he's improved dramatically since the start of the season.

imasharkie

Coach
El Garbo said:
Simmo has scored some top tries, and its on the back of some fine distribution from McGoldrick. He passes well, can score a try and has good pace. Defence can be a bit sus at times, but he's improved dramatically since the start of the season.
As I was one of his detractors early on I must admit I'm in complete agreement with you Garbo. Oh and by the way Garbo that was a great article you wrote in leageaunlimited about the sharks and the fun it is being a fan again.

Rieck_Fan

Juniors
I was anti-McGoldrick at the start but as has been said he has come along in leaps and bounds, he's playing really well as of late, glad he's in the team.

Alan Shore

First Grade
McGoldrick is developing into a class centre and seems to be threatening when he has the ball and has a good combination with Simmons going. He should be a long-term fixture at the club.

Houdini

First Grade
He has impressed me too. He's been playing well the last few games. He can break the line and his defence is improving

Melstar

Juniors
I'm looking forward to watching him develop over the reast of the Season. He has already came a long way, and hopefully will only get better from here. I've been pretty impressed so far

wittyfan

Referee
I've become a Zeusfan in recent weeks. Ever since the Roosters game he's been among out best each week.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I was never expecting miracles, his has improved.
The left side defence is still the weakest link.

azzah72

Bench
i have actually noticed something about this weeks team vs canberra, i don't know if it's been brought up but it seems raper has swapped vagana and zeus.

people were complaining the vagana wasn't being used and i think this might be a good move, i personally think zeus has good defence and might work well with merrit, simmons and vagana ..... i like the prospect!