What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zorba's View - by Peter Peters

Toovey to coach full-time

Toovey will step into an NRL role after three successful seasons as the club's Premier League coach, where he took his side to the finals in every season.

A local junior from the Belrose Eagles, Toovey is a premiership-winning captain and veteran of 286 first grade games for the club.
He is also the longest serving skipper in the history of the maroon and whites.
Toovey played nine Tests for Australia.
In a salute to his toughness and skill, Toovey was recently named halfback in Manly's greatest side in its 60-year history.
Toovey will join Dennis Moore as one of Hasler's assistant coaches.
Moore has been highly successful since joining the club three seasons ago and will give great back-up support in specific areas together with Toovey.
Hasler said Toovey's elevation to the NRL side of the Sea Eagales was a natural progression.
``He has come along in every area of coaching in his time with the Premier League and he is ready to make a strong contribution at the top level,'' Hasler said.
``I have involved him at NRL training for the past two seasons so it isn't a big change really, other than he is now full-time and will be able to devote much more time to his coaching.''
Up and coming young coach Craig Sandercock will step up from Jersey Flegg to Premier League, with former Parramatta star David Penna getting an opportunity with the smart Flegg side which got within one game of the grand final in 2006.
In further changes to the NRL set-up, former football manager Steve Gigg returns after four seasons with the Sydney Roosters.
Gigg has a firm understanding of the tradition at Brookvale after working closely with Bobby Fulton in Manly's triple premiership grand final appearances in 1995, 1996 and 1997.
His arrival allows me to concentrate fully on a new role in events within the organisation.
In another change to the coaching staff, rehabilitation trainer Dean Robinson has been headhunted by the Geelong Cats in the AFL and will start in his new role next week. The fact that he was targeted by a rival code indicates how highly Hasler's coaching team is rated in professional football.
Manly start summer training in two weeks.
  • MANLY's clubman of the year Chris Hicks is laid up after an operation on his left ankle on Thursday. Hicks had some necessary clean-up work done after being troubled with the injury throughout 2006. Despite the problem, the tall utility back was again one of Manly's best players throughout the season, where he was one of only three players to play in all 26 matches. Hicks scored 10 tries and played strongly at wing, centre and fullback. Hicks is unlikely to be running for the next three months but says he will be raring to go for 2007.
In other off-season news:
  • Spotted at Sea Eagles headquarters this week, sweating it out in the gym with the weights were former hooker Chad Randall and England-bound front rower Kylie Leuluai. Randall will return to the London Harlequins before Xmas while crash-tackling Leuluai will join former Sea Eagle Scott Donald at the Leeds Rhinos. Leuluai is due to become a dad for the first time today with his charming wife Lebron expecting to head to the delivery ward.
  • Larrikin Sea Eagle Luke Williamson is enjoying a holiday with a difference - on safari in Africa.
  • Departing goalkicking whiz Michael Witt will marry Toowoomba school sweetheart Angie on the Gold Coast today with several Sea Eagles attending the wedding.
  • The Great Britain Lions are loving their training headquarters at Manly and have had several sessions at the Eagles headquarters at the Sydney Academy of Sport. The team are still laughing at being told not to go out at night at Manly. After watching the Poms train this week I don't think they would be too concerned with the cowardly gangs who hang around Manly streets after dark.
WITTYFAN will be SHATTERED!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:!!!!

Ryan

Juniors
2+2 ?
Wittyfan has 1/2 naked pictures of Witt in his Sig, and comments about his modelling? I can tell you this - as a dude, I wouldn't be caught blind with those pictures in my sig.

Lyv Tyler on the other hand is a different matter !!
And I'll admit I have a soft spot (so to speak) for Paris Hilton.

Ryan

Juniors
chileman said:
You don't need to be respectful :crazy:

Chiles - I always show respect to everybody at all times mate. A few guys are pretty mean to Wittyfan...I just don't see the value in it.

t-ba

Post Whore
Witty suffers from teh gay. He also needs to buy a Big satellite Dish so he can pick up Maori TV from across the ditch to watch Witt Run Around for Manukau in the BC cup.

Spotted at Sea Eagles headquarters this week, sweating it out in the gym with the weights were former hooker Chad Randall and England-bound front rower Kylie Leuluai. Randall will return to the London Harlequins before Xmas while crash-tackling Leuluai will join former Sea Eagle Scott Donald at the Leeds Rhinos. Leuluai is due to become a dad for the first time today with his charming wife Lebron expecting to head to the delivery ward.

Security! Security!

effnic

Bench
Ryan said:
Chiles - I always show respect to everybody at all times mate. A few guys are pretty mean to Wittyfan...I just don't see the value in it.
You need to hang around these forums a bit longer mate, time will tell.

effnic

Bench
Why are you still hanging around in manly forums, Its time to bother bartercardforums.com.nz

wittyfan

Referee
Just for you, effie:

Scan0002.jpg

Latest posts