What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

steggz

Juniors
45145e674140cc1922ec22bcd027bff0.jpeg

I just found this on google....

Am i the only one that thinks this looks infinitely better on a shield?!?!?

Everything looks better on a shield!

ShaneO85

Juniors
Caught the end of the Q-Cup game between Tweed (2nd from left) and Souths (7th from left) on the weekend. That was a game where a genuine clash/alternate jersey/colours was needed. They actually took the field in the two kits in this pic. Couldn't believe that at the Q-Cup level they could be so slack and not have anything in place to avoid the clusterf$&k of black and white vs black and white. Didn't even change shorts or socks colour to try and help the situation a little bit.

launchc1.jpg

To see how bad it was the link has highlights.
http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2014/03/24/rd4_highlights_magpies_v_tweed.html

hellteam

First Grade
They're actually the only two teams in the comp without an away Jersey. Just so happens that they are both exactly the same colours too. Lucky it wasn't the tv game

ShaneO85

Juniors
They're actually the only two teams in the comp without an away Jersey. Just so happens that they are both exactly the same colours too. Lucky it wasn't the tv game

That is beyond ridiculous that they haven't got it sorted though. I did see on Tweed's website that they had a bright yellow and black butcher stripe strip (possibly last year) and the Souths Ladies side wore a predominately white jersey (white with black V) in the last game of the day. Surely the QRL should push the point that both sides have a variation for that clash. Guess it didn't matter when there were only 6 people at the ground to watch the game though.

beagle

Juniors
Is AA insurance the NZ equivalent of AAMI? Referees with AA Insurance on their shirts for each of the Warriors home games this year.

Diesel

Referee
Is AA insurance the NZ equivalent of AAMI? Referees with AA Insurance on their shirts for each of the Warriors home games this year.

I've noticed that too, it's a good sign that games in NZ have a NZ company sponsoring the refs rather than an Australisn company IMO

Diesel

Referee
Do the Bulldogs jersey have a water mark design on the front?

Edit: maybe it's the writing on compression shirts under the white part of the jersey, I'm 100% not sure

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Correct - compression shirts under. Not all players have it visible. I think it's the BSc logo?

kdalymc

Bench
How boring are these white Wests' jerseys?

How does orange clash with black?

Make two jerseys to reestablish the heritage of both clubs- use a 3rd strip with no connections to either... Not to mention totally unnecessary..
Seriously FFS why do they even have a white strip....

stevenwbird

Juniors
Heard from a very reliable source that the 2014 penrith panthers heritage jersey for this year will be a replica of the 2003 black jersey worn in the grand final and not the brown and white originally teased. Let's hope it's true.
2wf4ydu.jpg

LatK7

First Grade
Does every team have a heritage jersey for this round?

No announcement from Saints, which is a shame. Would have liked to see what ISC could have done.

Saint Doc

Coach
Does every team have a heritage jersey for this round?

No announcement from Saints, which is a shame. Would have liked to see what ISC could have done.

I think it's a smart commercial decision.

We already have a fantastic new home jersey, popular alternate, a 'meh' charity jersey, a 9's jersey and that camo Bogan bullshit, not to mention the members jersey,

Plenty of options. I'm sure ALOT of saints fans will end up with one of the new jerseys after years of reebok frustration

Then next year, hopefully a kick arse blood and bandages heritage release!!

Blues Riff

Bench
Heard from a very reliable source that the 2014 penrith panthers heritage jersey for this year will be a replica of the 2003 black jersey worn in the grand final and not the brown and white originally teased. Let's hope it's true.
2wf4ydu.jpg
I don't think so mate. It's this, I reckon.

LatK7

First Grade
I think it's a smart commercial decision.

We already have a fantastic new home jersey, popular alternate, a 'meh' charity jersey, a 9's jersey and that camo Bogan bullshit, not to mention the members jersey,

Plenty of options. I'm sure ALOT of saints fans will end up with one of the new jerseys after years of reebok frustration

Then next year, hopefully a kick arse blood and bandages heritage release!!

I think the members jersey is a mistake. $200 is a rort and it looks ordinary. Surely a blood and bandages would sell in big numbers and at a cost of $160 would pull in more than the members strip.

But yes, hopefully next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts