What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Riff

Bench
Yep, we're recreating the '90 GF. Penrith have confirmed the Brown and White strip. Hopefully we have a different result to 1990.

stevenwbird

Juniors
Yep, we're recreating the '90 GF. Penrith have confirmed the Brown and White strip. Hopefully we have a different result to 1990.

Yeah saw that mate you were right. My source has been sacked! Apparently if you by a heritage jersey at the ground on Saturday you get a 1991 grand final t-shirt.

Lambretta

First Grade
Is that because the 2003 grand final winning jersey haunts you?

No, it's because you think every round is WIL round and there's no better round to wear it in that heritage round. After all you first wore it about five years ago, so it fits the remit perfectly providing you ignore the criteria.

Well, that and the ghost of Luke Priddis's career is laughing at me.

Lambretta

First Grade
Yeah saw that mate you were right. My source has been sacked! Apparently if you by a heritage jersey at the ground on Saturday you get a 1991 grand final t-shirt.

This is great news - not you sacking a source, the brown and white jersey

I want to see Penrith sell them by the millions

Zigwaa

Bench
Slightly different in that Titans have changed manufacturers, forcing a design change.

That's incorrect that it forced a design change. Teams have changed manufacturers and kept the same designs. Knights went from KooGa to ISC a few years ago and kept all the same designs.

They probably used it as an excuse to ditch crappy designs. Different from being forced however. More likely pulled the wool over the NRL eyes or they allowed because last year's designs were god awful.

stevenwbird

Juniors
This is great news - not you sacking a source, the brown and white jersey

I want to see Penrith sell them by the millions

I agree, to be honest i was a bit disappointed when i was told it wasn't going to be the brown and white. Now that it has been released I'm relieved that the person who told me was wrong.

cooko

Juniors
That's incorrect that it forced a design change. Teams have changed manufacturers and kept the same designs. Knights went from KooGa to ISC a few years ago and kept all the same designs.

They probably used it as an excuse to ditch crappy designs. Different from being forced however. More likely pulled the wool over the NRL eyes or they allowed because last year's designs were god awful.

The Adidas stripes were incorporated in the design so this could have also helped the decision to do a whole new design.

Saint Doc

Coach
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/new-england-shirt-is-overpriced-says-sports-minister-9232396.html

The British Sports Minister is joining a chorus go complaints in the UK about the price of England's World Cup soccer jersey.

It's £60 ($107) for a replica and £90 ($160) for an authentic one the players wear. For a nation crazy about soccer and the biggest tournament on the world.

Here we pay $160 for any one of 7 replica style jerseys our local team wear in a given season, plastered with sponsors, and on the rare occasion that an authentic player's cut jersey is sold, it's usually $200. And we think this is normal!

Zigwaa

Bench
The Adidas stripes were incorporated in the design so this could have also helped the decision to do a whole new design.

Weren't the stripes just on the shoulders? I think that counts as the manuafacture logo like the other jerseys with ISC on the shoulders etc. They could easily remove the shoulder stripes.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/new-england-shirt-is-overpriced-says-sports-minister-9232396.html

The British Sports Minister is joining a chorus go complaints in the UK about the price of England's World Cup soccer jersey.

It's £60 ($107) for a replica and £90 ($160) for an authentic one the players wear. For a nation crazy about soccer and the biggest tournament on the world.

Here we pay $160 for any one of 7 replica style jerseys our local team wear in a given season, plastered with sponsors, and on the rare occasion that an authentic player's cut jersey is sold, it's usually $200. And we think this is normal!
League jerseys are much cheaper over there too, but the postage charges (for someone buying in Australia) balance it out.

Saint Doc

Coach
This is why teams should stick with their traditional jerseys!

df9c2e700e13d32394df425d967ddee7.jpg

steggz

Juniors
Weren't the stripes just on the shoulders? I think that counts as the manuafacture logo like the other jerseys with ISC on the shoulders etc. They could easily remove the shoulder stripes.

Guess it depends on who owns the design rights.

Wests Tigers jerseys always have a magpie on the sleeve.
In 2014 the club has for the first time, put out a 'Wests Tigers Heritage Jersey' as opposed to Wests or Balmain. Yet this idea of putting a Magpie on the sleeve continues.
If the whole purpose of the WT heritage jersey is to move on from the pre-merger clubs and start acknowledging WESTS TIGERS, wouldn't it be better to not have the magpie there? As far as im aware they dont plan on putting the Balmain logo on the other sleeve.

Craegus

Juniors
In 2014 the club has for the first time, put out a 'Wests Tigers Heritage Jersey' as opposed to Wests or Balmain. Yet this idea of putting a Magpie on the sleeve continues.
If the whole purpose of the WT heritage jersey is to move on from the pre-merger clubs and start acknowledging WESTS TIGERS, wouldn't it be better to not have the magpie there? As far as im aware they dont plan on putting the Balmain logo on the other sleeve.

The Magpie on the sleeves is part of the merger agreement. With the main logo being a tiger, it was agreed that it was the fair balance between both sides.

kdalymc

Bench

Well only fair considering they're called the wests TIGERS....

Status
Not open for further replies.