What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was under the impression that was a training strip. Turns out it's their "Eden Park" jersey.

Which was also their Nines jersey.

Geez.

The Warriors........are they green, blue, pink........who knows?

They seem to have more jerseys than the actual black home jersey these days.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
the one thing you do have to give to the Warriors is that they do the jerseys very well.

Sure, it sucks that they have 10 different colours, but when they come up with an idea they execute it almost perfectly.

sheepbender

Juniors
Geez, saying the Warriors execute their jerseys perfectly is a stretch.. I really like their 20s jersey though. Wish it was the main jersey..

Tigers orange looks wrong, too dark perhaps.. Numbers on the back need a white highlight as well..

Nuke

Staff member
I personally hate how the Warriors can't stick with a colour scheme (unless 'rainbow' is the way they want it ... hmmm, the Rainbow Warriors ... has a ring to it!). I don't believe they do execute their jerseys well, but I do believe they cater for their target audience well. In my experience, maori kiddies (and even adults to a slightly lesser degree) are heavily influenced by american style. They love hip-hop, rap, ect, wear basketball shirts, oversized baseball caps backwards, ect, and seem to go for the busy 'graffiti' looking footy jerseys.

I personally hate what the Warriors do jersey-wise (except for their simple main and alternate jerseys), but they do cater for their supporters.

kdalymc

Bench
Tigers white V should be underneath the black. And Vs should go all the way to shoulder. Roosters made that mistake a few years ago and fixed it halfway thru the season...

And why the f**k are both teams wearing away strips? Don't say cos of heat, that's mentioned in another thread and it's barely 30 up here.

Son of Minto

Bench
Tigers white V should be underneath the black. And Vs should go all the way to shoulder. Roosters made that mistake a few years ago and fixed it halfway thru the season...

And why the f**k are both teams wearing away strips? Don't say cos of heat, that's mentioned in another thread and it's barely 30 up here.

Thanks genius...

@lukeodwyer: cbus super stadium groundsmen told me centre field temperature is a 41.5 degrees Celsius #ChalksTalk

kdalymc

Bench
Masturbation.gif

It was actually 29.5
So yeah shit crowd had nothing to do with heat

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The air temperature in the shade was 29.5 - it was definitely 41 in the middle. Fool.

The Raiders should have been wearing green and white - wearing white and blue shorts, against a team with blue shorts, was just dumb.

Since when has lime green clashed with blue and red?

Diesel

Referee
Bulldogs v Sharks both playing in their home blue jerseys, if they can both can wear their blue jerseys then there is no reason why we need to keep white away jerseys.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I only just noticed the sharks have no shirt sponsors except the one solutions at the collar. Has there been any stories or info about this? To have no front or back or sleeve sponsors is very poor

gzerounian

Juniors
There is something different about the bulldogs jersey from last year and the ones they are selling in the shops that I couldn't put my finger on it until now. The players jersey this year has no stupid white piping (which was originally introduced to rugby league jerseys by nike). Such a small thing can make such a huge difference. It really extenuates their V.

1zwnolk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts