What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

mattyg

Bench
1. Stewart
2. B. Morris
3. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. Hayne
6. Reynolds
7. Carney/Hodkinson (depends on form and city country)
8. Fifita
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Gallen
12. Cordner/Lewis (depending on when Lewis comes back)
13. Bird

14. T. Rex
15. Watmough
16. Merrin
17. Woods

Tayjack

Juniors
1. Stewart
2. B. Morris
3. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. Hayne
6. Reynolds
7. Carney/Hodkinson (depends on form and city country)
8. Fifita
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Gallen
12. Cordner/Lewis (depending on when Lewis comes back)
13. Bird

14. T. Rex
15. Watmough
16. Merrin
17. Woods

T Rex?? - u have just completely embarrassed urself.

nsw2012

Juniors
I think we will all agree on the following:

Players who will be there (barring injury) no matter what their form is or how many games they have under their belt:

Gallen
Bird
Hayne
Farah
Jennings
Lewis
Watmough
Pearce
B.Morris
Fifita
Tamou

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Taufua is back this week or next. If he has a solid month of footy he should be on one wing. He should have been there last year!

hardbaby

Coach
I'd look at Tafua or Mansour as the second winger with Hayne in the centres and Dugan at fullback. Anyone other than Pearce at half. I like the way Josh Reynolds plays. He would be my choice. That would be a very tough back line and big.

chrisD

Coach
We need more Dugan in here, he has played so well before and has such a great Origin record. Easily worth moving the best player in NSW out of position for.

Sime_11

Juniors
Taufua played for Tonga last year, will that be an issue for Selection eligibility?

you would have to go with Mansour over Taufua currently as he is on form & playing while Taufua is injured and hasn't played.

looking at Mansour's stats so far this year, if he keeps producing performances like that (or better), you would have to consider him. he's way above the other NSW wingers in contention (Morris included)

Rod

Bench
1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Hayne
6. Carney
7. Mullen
8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. Merrin

14. Woods
15. Fifita
16. Cordner
17. Watmough

wiputi82

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Hayne
6. Carney
7. Mullen
8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. Merrin

14. Woods
15. Fifita
16. Cordner
17. Watmough

Pretty good side but Hayne gets caught out of position on the wing. Thurston will set up a few for Boyd if NSW pick him there.

isaiah

Bench
Been a while since I've named a non-trolling team.

1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. James Maloney
7. Todd Carney
13. Paul Gallen
12. Greg Bird
11. Anthony Watmough
10. James Tamou
9. Robbie Farah
8. Andrew Fifita

14. Albert Kelly
15. Luke Lewis
16. Tim Grant
17. Trent Merrin
you could make some money with sportsbet. they have framed a market on selections in the 17. grant is $15, carney is $3.50 and luke lewis is $3.25.

wiputi82

Juniors
What situations for NSW has Hayne been caught out playing wing?

The last time he played there (game 3 2012). He was out of position a few times that night (one example is the Boyd try). Fullback or centre is where he belongs.

Grail

Juniors
Hayne needs to be fullback. He needs to be able to chime into the backline seamlessly to use his excellent ballplaying skills. In the centers or on the wing, he can't do this. NSW don't have great halves available like QLD do, so we need to make sure our spine is as good as it can be. We have also lost too many series, it's time we picked the best players in the best positions, and that means Hayne at Fullback. He is the best NSW fullback with daylight second. Continually playing him out of position is continually playing into QLD's hands.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I remember watching a show on origin and gene miles said that everytime nsw picked Brett Kenny in the centers and not at 5/8 they had a laugh to themseleves. He said Kenny was the only one they knew could match Wally Lewis.

Id say they think the same now when nsw pick hayne on the wing. He is the only nsw back in the class of slater/inglis/hodges etc. picking him on the Wing is exactly what they would want and completely geniused.

Latest posts