What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Souths

Nugget10

Juniors
Looking forward to this Game. It won't be long til the boys gel and then we could do anything. I'm looking for Grant and McKendry to aim up against the hyped Souths pack. Bring it on

Pomoz

Bench
One of the great attributes of Soward is that he is accurate with his kicking. He has occasionally kicked it dead in goal, but mainly he has kicked for the corners and forced the opposition to run the ball back, or pack a scrum.

Walshie would kick down the throat of the fullback every time. I'm sure Greg Inglis and Billy Slater would have sent Walshie a card when he left saying "we're gonna miss you, so long old friend. We hope you come back soon". Clint Newton's missus on the other hand, would have been helping Walshie pack. She hated visiting the Doc's after every game to check Clint still had a pulse after yet another inside pass from Walshie.

betcats

Referee
Looking forward to this game, a bit nervous about the forwards though.

Interesting about Yeo, is Jamal in doubt?

soc123_au

Staff member
One of the great attributes of Soward is that he is accurate with his kicking. He has occasionally kicked it dead in goal, but mainly he has kicked for the corners and forced the opposition to run the ball back, or pack a scrum.

Walshie would kick down the throat of the fullback every time. I'm sure Greg Inglis and Billy Slater would have sent Walshie a card when he left saying "we're gonna miss you, so long old friend. We hope you come back soon". Clint Newton's missus on the other hand, would have been helping Walshie pack. She hated visiting the Doc's after every game to check Clint still had a pulse after yet another inside pass from Walshie.

Pretty much this. I think I was one of the very few non Dragons supporters that rated Soward & how good his kicking, vision & passing game really is. Now he is in Panthers colours it is even easier to appreciate.

Poor old Clint. f**k he took a beating most games. I did like him for that. He was a solid toiler at best, but no one could question his dedication to catching those death balls. :lol:

franklin2323

Immortal

Spot on. I never had an issue with Soward's signing we are seeing his value even more as the year goes on. His kicking game has be outstanding and hasn't been that bad in defence either

maple_69

Bench
No idea who Yeo is covering. Has to be Idris.
Speaking of centres, I hope Whare can get back to form. He's been good but quiet so far this year. The form he showedin the second half of last year and in the world cup was just outstanding. I feel like the gameplan is to hit the edges early and we've done a good job so far. Whare and Idris firing is pivotal for our success in attack.

grandorient

Bench
I'm sure your coach has watched the Saints v Souths game and now knows what not to do to beat the rabbits.

Good luck guys.

GO

Pomoz

Bench
So our best defensive front rower is out? Not good for stopping the monster Bunnies pack.
To be fair, Plum has had a quiet start to the year. the other thing is he may be carrying an injury. I don't have a problem with this. Although, in an ideal world he would be on the bench and Segyaro would be starting as hooker. That may happen once Segyaro gets fit.

panthersam

Juniors
Very interesting choice to drop Plum, I thought Latimore would have lost his spot before big Nigel. Glad to see Kite back on the field though.

franklin2323

Immortal
To be fair, Plum has had a quiet start to the year. the other thing is he may be carrying an injury. I don't have a problem with this. Although, in an ideal world he would be on the bench and Segyaro would be starting as hooker. That may happen once Segyaro gets fit.

Against a big team the spark around the ruck is handy. So either Brown starts hooker and drop Kingston or Drop Brown. Need all the size and Plum's defence makes up for lack of metres