What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland team for this year

lockyno1

Post Whore
Queensland's biggest problem going forward - when will the selectors have the guts to drop Slater or Smith due to poor form.?

Smith? Are you insane! Seriously the bloke is the first picked! Slater I agree, but I want to see the winger/centre options first!

Most of you guys are over complicating the situation:

Slater
Boyd
Inglis
Hodges
Tate
Thurston
Cronk
Scott
Smith
Myles
McQueen
Thaiday
Parker

Cherry-Evans
Papali
Gilett
Teo

Easy.

andrew057

First Grade
Why is Tate a ?. He has been in great form this year and Qld would be stupid to not pick him

Every year I wait for him to get too old, but he keeps performing. He was outstanding last night vs the Tigers. If hes fit, hes a lock for one of the wings.

andrew057

First Grade

Slater
Boyd
Inglis
Hodges
Tate
Thurston
Cronk
Scott
Smith
Myles
McQueen
Thaiday
Parker

Cherry-Evans
Papali
Gilett
Teo

Easy.

McQueen has been poor this year. Id have Gillett starting for him and a prop on the bench. Shillington has been much improved this year, or maybe McGuire.

lockyno1

Post Whore
McQueen has been poor this year. Id have Gillett starting for him and a prop on the bench. Shillington has been much improved this year, or maybe McGuire.

Gillett has been ordinary himself, can't see McQueen not being there, provides protection for Thurston and Cherry Evans. You sort of need one of those players.

Bretto

Bench
Gillett has been ordinary himself, can't see McQueen not being there, provides protection for Thurston and Cherry Evans. You sort of need one of those players.

Gillett has been one of the form Second Rowers in the comp.

Dazzat

First Grade
Smith? Are you insane! Seriously the bloke is the first picked! Slater I agree, but I want to see the winger/centre options first!

I'm not talking about this year. I'm talking about that inevitable time when Smith and Slater will be playing for Melbourne, but not at a level that justifies their selection, or another player is playing better football.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'm not talking about this year. I'm talking about that inevitable time when Smith and Slater will be playing for Melbourne, but not at a level that justifies their selection, or another player is playing better football.

Smith at 20% is still the best hooker in Australia by the length of the Flemington Straight!:lol:

andrew057

First Grade

Making his debut for Australia, going a lot better than ordinary.

some11

Referee
Gillett wasn't exactly a standout until the last month or so, he's be consistently good since.

Dazzat

First Grade
Taylor was very, very good for the Titans on the weekend, and would be now ahead of Teo and Papali on form I would say - for the bench position.

some11

Referee
If Taylor made it on his own volition and played well it would be one of biggest turnarounds in world sport.

Whenever I think of Taylor I think of the spray Meninga gave him in the media last year, apparently he's lost weight so maybe he really does want to get back to the top.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Would pick Papali before I pick Taylor off a months' form. Wasn't too long ago that his pea heat efforts almost cost QLD Origins!

the kirwan kid

Juniors

Slater
Boyd
Inglis
Hodges
Tate
Thurston
Cronk
Scott
Smith
Myles
McQueen
Thaiday
Parker

Cherry-Evans
Papali
Gilett
Teo

Easy.

I think that team is on the money with McQueen or t'eo in danger of losing their spot to the likes if Brenton Lawrence.