What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
Going from the previews alone it looks like the flop of the year. It just looks horrible, but then again, Angelina hasn't done a good movie ever.

it was that bad! Sharlto Colby as the king was a horrible choice. Started off ok for a disney kids film but went south so quick

A Million Ways to Die in the West - 6/10

Funny in parts MacFarlane as the lead actor doesn't grab your attention the whole movie but the humour is great and Neeson does a good job as the bad guy in the film

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
The way way back - 7/10

Steve Carell plays the douchebag stepdad role pretty well I must say. I liked this movie even though the storyline was pretty common they told it well

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Days of future past.

87efa13a-e6b8-4214-b1f3-eb72bd070359_fowop.jpg
Just home from watching this, and yes so much win. Thought it was better than first class.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Goldzilla (1998). This is the first time I've watched the movie beginning to end - I've seen bits of it over the years, first time seeing it all in one. Too many special effects, but understandable for a movie like this.

The story itself was alright, nothing too special. I think Matthew Broderick played his role pretty well, as did Jean Reno (his American Elvis accent was the funniest part of the movie).

I watched it in case I decide to watch the reboot... which is less than likely.

I give it 6.5/10.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I haven't seen the new Godzilla but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't base whether to watch it or not on your opinion of the '98 'zilla.

bileduct

Coach
X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9.9/10
Robocop (2014) - 5/10
Thor 2 - 2/10
The Wolf of Wall Street - 8/10
No Country For Old Men - 10/10

Bulldog Force

Referee
I haven't seen the new Godzilla but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't base whether to watch it or not on your opinion of the '98 'zilla.

I won't be making a decision on that, more for comparing and contrast reasons to be honest. I'm not even sure if the reboot is set in New York!

butchmcdick

Immortal
Just the latest x men movie

How much of a rip off of the terminator franchise is it ?

Sent back from the future to stop a race of machines enslaving humans and mutants sound balls deep in terminator two to me

Bulldog Force

Referee

Sent back from the future to stop a race of machines enslaving humans and mutants sound balls deep in terminator two to me

Gee's I'm over reboots. I think by you mentioning what you just did, it's made put me off watching Godzilla altogether lol.

Zoidberg

First Grade

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the comic story this movie was mostly based on was released before Terminator. It probably was a bit of a rip off, just the other way round.

Bulldog Force

Referee
To be fair, I'm pretty sure the comic story this movie was mostly based on was released before Terminator. It probably was a bit of a rip off, just the other way round.

James Cameron has a great mind. I don't think he'd rip something like X-Men off.

butchmcdick

Immortal

Well either way I expected wolverine to whack on a pair of sunnies and deadpan I'll be back at some point. Jesus the scene where he first goes back in time and demands some goons clothes and keys is balls deep in terminator 2.

The whole storyline was a rip off

elyod138

Bench
Days of Future past was great.

Disagree that 'the whole storyline' was a ripoff.

Going back in time to change catastrophic events was done long before Terminator 2 and as mentioned before, the Sentinels in X-Men started in the 60's, long before The Terminator.

The story is straight from a comic storyline from 1981.

If anything James Cameron 'ripped off' X-men.

James Cameron has a great mind. I don't think he'd rip something like X-Men off.

This is a dumb post.

James Cameron was a comic book fan (particularly Marvel) when he was a kid, so it is highly likely that he was influenced by X-Men.

Frederick

Staff member
Well either way I expected wolverine to whack on a pair of sunnies and deadpan I'll be back at some point. Jesus the scene where he first goes back in time and demands some goons clothes and keys is balls deep in terminator 2.

The whole storyline was a rip off

Haha yeah, no. Days of Future Past was published in 1981, well before terminator 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts