What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a Danny Trejo fan He seems to have found his niche.
B grade Grindhouse action movies are great for mindless entertainment.
It helps when Robert Rodriguez is distantly related.

Machete was great
The 2nd machete movie was also enjoyable.

His latest effort was Badass..(based loosely on the Youtube fight clip of a 67 yr old vet giving a very mouthy African American gentleman a flogging .) Even down to the "I am a MOTHERF##KER T shirt he was wearing.

Badass#2 was terrible .
Danny Glover looks like he died 5 yrs ago.
& I noticed between 1 & 2 Danny Trejo(Now 70) has slowed down considerably .

But still you can do worse than watch Machete or badass.

mackdadday

Juniors
Godzilla - ken watanabe for the entire film looked like he'd just woken up from a night on the turps and lifted his head from the pillow long enough to say 'let them fight'. 6/10

Zoidberg

First Grade
Moon. Heard a lot of good things about this and I totally agree it's a very good little movie.
8/10

X-Men Days of future past. Loved this movie. Wish it had a little more action and a bit more of the future scenes but it ties both old x-men and first class together really well. Kinda leaves the door open for sequels with the first class cast OR the original cast, which probably won't happen but would be awesome.
9/10

axl rose

Bench
from the pillow long enough to say 'let them fight'. 6/10

hah

Godzilla- 4/10. Even the one made in late 90's was better then this, and it was pretty awful. Slow, bland characters, no tension at all.

Pacific Rim was better, at least it was just campy and a bit of fun.

natheel

Coach
Even Kate Upton can't save it?

Close....but then she tries to act

X-men: days of future past- excellent! Best X film so far! Ties both future and past casts very well. Liked Maximoff in it and wished he was in it for longer.

9/10

Misanthrope

Staff member
Saw X-Men: Days of Future Past tonight.

Really, really good film. Well paced, tense in the right moments, light-hearted when it needs to be, full of nostalgia for those who liked the original films, and just superb.

9/10

Frederick

Staff member
Days of future past.

87efa13a-e6b8-4214-b1f3-eb72bd070359_fowop.jpg

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Gravity- Wasn't sure how they were going to get a movie length story line out of an astronaut getting separated from their ship, but they sure managed it.. Special effects amazing and keeps you on the edge of your seat most of the way through.. 7.5/10

Bad Neighbours- Got dragged to this on a triple date with some friends, us blokes were begging to watch Godzilla or X-men.. But we eventually caved to the girls when we realized if we were going to commit to either if those two films then there was zero chance any of us were going to get anything that night... I lost out in both because I sat through a pretty terrible film and I still didn't even get lucky. One thing I will say, I'd never seen Zac Efron in anything before but he was actually really good in his role.

kit66

Bench
Homefront - 6/10 - SPOILERS
Story is OK, Stratham is his usual self but the big climax is spoiled by poorly done action sequences.

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty - 7-10
I really enjoyed this, much better than I expected.

47 Ronin - 7/10
Hollywood's penchant for cultural vandalism aside this is not a bad matinee flick. No-one was ever going to take it seriously, Keanu's presence precludes that, so they've done well to come up with a solid and enjoyable enough movie to make you overlook it's flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.