What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T. Wok quits the ABC ... sad really.

Surrogate

Juniors
On an individual level its entirely different .

Surrogate "From experience, darkies can just be as wacist."

Hey that is hurtful against people with a speech impediment !:sarcasm:

Who said anything about speech impendiment.
wacist.gif

not impressed by all the nonsensical overreaction and pontificating by the self proclaimed public do-gooders like Linda Burney. I liked Warren's letter. He's too good for them.

Last edited:

shadowboxer

First Grade
Wasnt that clip played forever on a certain FM radio station in Sydney for years?
Miss the great man already.
Loss to the ever dwindling fortunes of Rugby league

Surrogate

Juniors
Try concentrating on one thing at a time . Maybe once you understand toilet training concepts you can move on to dressing yourself and other grownup things.You can do it! Dont give up!

I suggest you take your own advice. Instead of blaming everyone, which seems to be the trend nowadays, take ownership mate, interact and live in the real world.

I suggest you take your own advice. Instead of blaming everyone, which seems to be the trend nowadays, take ownership mate, interact and live in the real world.
...... Says the troll who has to go to another teams forum and make feeble attempts at putdowns to bolster his own fragile ego. hahaha!

Last edited:
This supposed troll must be making valid points to solicit a response.
No you are merely using the weapons of the weekminded to defend themselves by accusing those they envy yet despise ,of their own shortcomings .

To be "valid " a point must be true or at least have some ,even remote connection to the truth . Since no intelligent person ,who KNOWS me would ever accuse me of any of those things I will take their assessment and if relevant any of their criticism on board . Believe me I have plenty of faults,just not those. LOL

The pathetic bleating of a mentally challenged troll trying to bolster his or her own ego can be mildly amusing ,However in a forum where you go to discuss the footy team you follow with fellow enthusiasts ,at a time your team is battling it becomes annoying so you get a response for your feeble minded shite. Obviously you are unwanted and ignored in your own forum so you come here searching for some sort of attention.

newman

First Grade
It's the ABC for gods sake. Offensive or not; Ryan should know full well you can't say shit like that.

Quigs

Immortal
It's the ABC for gods sake. Offensive or not; Ryan should know full well you can't say shit like that.

He obviously tried to get his way around the pharquen word filter and the Mods got him, the karmichaels.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
you cant say Darkie? Can you say big Islander?
Big maori, Big coconut? Big Chink? Big Jap. big Viking. Big Pom. Big WASP. etc etc.
IS there an ABC guide for what cant be said.

Quigs

Immortal
you cant say Darkie? Can you say big Islander?
Big maori, Big coconut? Big Chink? Big Jap. big Viking. Big Pom. Big WASP. etc etc.
IS there an ABC guide for what cant be said.

You forgot Black Trash.... I remember some bloke in here using it to describe the voters of the Northern Territory.

Funny as really, they were voting for an indigenous rep.

Who was that idjet... must be near quitten time for him

Surrogate

Juniors
It is essential that racism is eradicated from sport, the media and the community. However, depriving the community of excellent contributors because of false perceptions of racism is destructive of this goal.

Warren Ryan's broadcasts for many years demonstrate that he is not only one of the foremost repositories of rugby league wisdom in Australia he is a deep thinking student of humanity.

In using the word "darkie" he was referring to the 1939 film and the story set in 1861 and adopted the terminology of the story. I cannot believe he intended any racial slur .

The term "darky" is used in the book (in plural or singular form) 124 times.

Mr Ryan should be asked to explain his remarks on air, assure listeners no offence was intended and any taken is regretted. He should be allowed to continue his excellent contribution to sport broadcasting.

John5207
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/05/29/linda-burney-slams-abc-commentator-warren-ryans-darky-remark

I concur with the above poster.