What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaz on Sterlo re: new coach

DUB888

Juniors
His prediction for the week was that 'the Dragons would sign a highly experienced coach before the season's end'. Only hint he gave was that he's from the southern hemisphere...

Bennett , Dugan to centre making way for fullback............

denis preston

First Grade
Henry to coach and Mary will be his side kick.

That's what I'd be putting my money on.I'd say though that Mary has been told that if results don't improve he won't get the assist job.Prob explains why he is so passionite , the KBI might be the 8 , hince his first sppece to the players when he took over ( does anyone think we can'y make the 8 ?? )

That's what I'd be putting my money on.I'd say though that Mary has been told that if results don't improve he won't get the assist job.Prob explains why he is so passionite , the KBI might be the 8 , hince his first sppece to the players when he took over ( does anyone think we can'y make the 8 ?? )
Looking logically at the current table you would have to say no. With 12 rounds to go and the normal minimum 28 points to finish 8th, means we have to win at least 7 of those games. Add the remaining bye and you have 28 points. If you look at our remaining games, we have a few tough ones but all in all it's not a bad run home. It will be touch and go, but I reckon we will sneak in and may even finish on 30 points.

pinkmoon

Juniors
Generally the coach selects their assistants. It won't come down to Doust telling the new coach that he has to have McGregor.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Wouldn't class Henry as " highly " experienced . To me a highly experienced coach would have to be someone with some kind of runs on the board wouldn't it ? I'd class Henry as maybe experienced at best .

Minh

First Grade
Highly experienced:

Taking a stab at it = Bennett, Sheens or Smith......

Coffs dragon

Bench
If its a highly experienced NRL coach then it points towards a Neil Henry appointment. Whislt Albert remains involved in the club, it won't be Brian Smith. Same applies to Bennett-Doust & Sheens-Marshall frosty relationship. Simple deduction leads to Henry.

KiamaSaint

Coach
If its a highly experienced NRL coach then it points towards a Neil Henry appointment. Whislt Albert remains involved in the club, it won't be Brian Smith. Same applies to Bennett-Doust & Sheens-Marshall frosty relationship. Simple deduction leads to Henry.

Matt Elliot

Phil Gould

Daniel Anderson

Nathan Brown

Warren Ryan

Roy Masters

All experienced coaches. I don't agree with the Bennett-Doust conclusion btw.

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
Matt Elliot

Phil Gould

Daniel Anderson

Nathan Brown

Warren Ryan

Roy Masters

All experienced coaches. I don't agree with the Bennett-Doust conclusion btw.

The only serious consideration from those candidates would be Brownie. Can't see Gus Gould leaving the Panthers GM position to coach again.