What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaz on Sterlo re: new coach

smi962

First Grade
Everything points to Henry for me. Its been reported in JA by a source that he has had meetings with the Dragons.

GT0007

Juniors
If its a highly experienced NRL coach then it points towards a Neil Henry appointment. Whislt Albert remains involved in the club, it won't be Brian Smith. Same applies to Bennett-Doust & Sheens-Marshall frosty relationship. Simple deduction leads to Henry.

What makes u think Sheens/Marshall have a frosty relationship. It was reported that Marshall was the reason sheens got sacked but my understanding was that was cos he supports Marshall and let him run the show. Benji came out about 2 weeks ago and endorsed Sheens as coach

possm

Coach
What makes u think Sheens/Marshall have a frosty relationship. It was reported that Marshall was the reason sheens got sacked but my understanding was that was cos he supports Marshall and let him run the show. Benji came out about 2 weeks ago and endorsed Sheens as coach

Your absolutely correct. I've been saying for a long time that it is most likely to be Sheens and an announcement will be made once Sheens completes his legal claims against the Tigers. However, I would prefer Bennett or Smith if it isn't Sheens.

One of the great things about Bennett or Smith being appointed is that neither like Young and Doust. So if either is appointed the is a good chance we might get a bit of a cleanout at management level.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Bennett / smith would be the best two candidates followed by Sheens on a short contract .

Henry's a niff nuff .

Saintsified

Bench
Personally I'd go with Guus Hiddink as manager and he can assemble the coaching staff. Managers only need to motivate.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I'm gonna throw in Tracey Grimshaw and Niki Lauda.

We're playing the most ridiculous nomination game, right?

:sarcasm:

blacksafake

First Grade
Your absolutely correct. I've been saying for a long time that it is most likely to be Sheens and an announcement will be made once Sheens completes his legal claims against the Tigers. However, I would prefer Bennett or Smith if it isn't Sheens.

One of the great things about Bennett or Smith being appointed is that neither like Young and Doust. So if either is appointed the is a good chance we might get a bit of a cleanout at management level.

Well I can't see Doust appointing anyone who hates him :?

Jubileeboy

First Grade

This little pearl slipped through to the keeper

How do you make this shit up? :sarcasm:

Oh and his record
Games 142 75 wins 67 loses Dragons
92 58 wins 1 draw 38 loses Huddersfield
29 16 wins 1 draw 12 loses St Helens
Overall 144 wins 2 draws 117 loses 55% winning percentage.

_Johnsy

Referee

Seriously possm, head to the optometrist & have your glasses checked.