What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Make him an Eel for Life

Chipmunk

Coach
Well I have got to say first that I am a massive Jarryd Hayne fan and I think he is the complete player that just about wins us all our games by himself.

But in saying that, the Club obviously believes that he is not capable of playing the weekend after Origin. I don't think that we're in a position to be not playing an uninjured Jarryd Hayne. We just do not have enough quality in the Club without him playing.

As much as it really hurts me to say this, if the Club is of this impression then the Club really needs to consider whether it is in the best interests of the Club to re-sign him for the money we are going to need to pay him to play.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
I had no problem what-so-ever him not backing up on Friday after SOO game 1 - cos that was one of the most physically taxing origin games I've ever seen and he was everywhere in that game

but game 3 was different and I don't believe we should have pre-meditated him missing this game

my only justification is BA already knew the injury toll etc and gave up on this game and decided not to take the risk - but dunno if I like that either

Chipmunk

Coach
I had no problem what-so-ever him not backing up on Friday after SOO game 1 - cos that was one of the most physically taxing origin games I've ever seen and he was everywhere in that game

but game 3 was different and I don't believe we should have pre-meditated him missing this game

my only justification is BA already knew the injury toll etc and gave up on this game and decided not to take the risk - but dunno if I like that either

You cannot really have that attitude, it's the NRL and if you front up with your best possible team and with the right attitude then anyone can beat anyone on their day.

Avenger

Immortal
It's his ego and the pandering that the media, our coach and the rest of the club need to extinguish. Toughen the f**k up Jarryd. You owe us, we owe you nothing.

Someone

Bench
For mine, this is the only option. We need to find a big enough third party sponsor for Hayne that stipulates he retires from Origin. We need to get him an extra $500k somehow, but forget Origin.

dont you think Maybe Hayne wants to play Origin?

its of the same intensity as a grand final so yeah, not many people give that up.

Someone

Bench
even having Hayne come in off the bench and play a shortened game would have been a better idea but really he wasn't going to save us from this nightmare of a game. In recent weeks our forwards have been shown up to be the young pretenders that they are IMO.

T.S Quint

Coach
For mine, this is the only option. We need to find a big enough third party sponsor for Hayne that stipulates he retires from Origin. We need to get him an extra $500k somehow, but forget Origin.

I'll start rustling up some money right now.

Chipmunk

Coach
dont you think Maybe Hayne wants to play Origin?

its of the same intensity as a grand final so yeah, not many people give that up.

I'm sure he does want to play Origin. But I'm also wondering how keen he would be to play Origin if he had an extra $500k a year in his bank

Chipmunk

Coach
even having Hayne come in off the bench and play a shortened game would have been a better idea but really he wasn't going to save us from this nightmare of a game. In recent weeks our forwards have been shown up to be the young pretenders that they are IMO.

I think it was our attitude that contributed to the Warriors performance. They could see early that we weren't up for it and they lifted. All they needed to do was lift for 15 minutes and the game was as good as done.

Someone

Bench
I'm sure he does want to play Origin. But I'm also wondering how keen he would be to play Origin if he had an extra $500k a year in his bank

you have got it so wrong.

he would still play origin for both the extra cash and the atmosphere of 3 origin games. Do you seriously think if Thurston was offered 1.5 Mil a year by Panthers and he accepted that he'd give origin away?

Suitman

Post Whore
I think it was our attitude that contributed to the Warriors performance. They could see early that we weren't up for it and they lifted. All they needed to do was lift for 15 minutes and the game was as good as done.

What crap.
They came out firing. They already came out lifted. With our injuries and restructured lineup, we didn't handle it.
Give the Warriors some credit ffs.
They smashed us from the get go.

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
What crap.
They came out firing. They already came out lifted. With our injuries and restructured lineup, we didn't handle it.

Suity

They did but f**k we were shit Suity.

T.S Quint

Coach
What crap.

Suity

Yep. From the opening hitup we should have known what kind of game we were in for.

Suitman

Post Whore
They did but f**k we were shit Suity.

Yes, but with the amount of players out, and the amount of changes, what did you expect?
I'm not surprised tonight at all.
The Warriors knew it, and went out there with purpose to smash us. They did that.
All credit to them.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Yes, but with the amount of players out, and the amount of changes, what did you expect?
The Warriors knew it, and went out there with purpose to smash us. They did that.
All credit to them.

Suity

I would still hope we may have improved a little and be capable of surprising ourselves when the chips are down.

how cool is it when a team who are expected to lose lift and even go close to winning? how many times has that happened against us even? how many times do we do it? :?

Avenger

Immortal
All credit to them.

Suity

24-10 in their favour. Not 48 zip.