What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

PhilGould

Bench
Sione has to be in the side somewhere, probably on the wing.
The other wing spot is Aku's to lose IMO. Give him a few months and if he's still not improving then look at Chanel or McManus.

Noname36

First Grade
The whole Sione thing will be Stone's first test on whether he's grown from his "cut and paste" selections from his previous stint IMO. If Uate and McManus both just walk back into the side over him come round 1 I'll probably start to worry a bit.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Dane Gagai
2. Chanel Mata'utia
3. Sione Mata'utia
4. Joseph Leilua
5. Aku Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Kurt Gidley
8. Kade Snowden
9. Adam Clydsdale
10. Korbin Sims
11. Beau Scott
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Tyrone Roberts
15. Joe Tapine
16. Robbie Rochow
17. David Fa'alogo / Sam Mataora

Next year I'd love to see Gagai at fullback. Most of his linebreaks are in the middle of the field when he cuts back under the grain and uses that footwork and agility of his. I believe it's his best position. I'm also hanging to see Sione at centre and I reckon it would be great to partner him with Chanel on the right. I'm probably against the masses here, but I really rate Roberts at hooker. Gidley is an ordinary half, but is absolutely garbage at hooker so that's another reason I went that way, too

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench
I'd keep Gidley at fullback. He's obviously going to be in the team somewhere and he played pretty well during his time at fullback this season (definitely better than anywhere else he played). I agree that I'd rather see Dane there or even Sione but Gidley probably (hopefully) only has 1 season left and may as well finish on good terms. Even though he'll probably just get injured anyway and spend most of the season on the sidelines.

Jono078

Referee
I can see Gidley having a killer season at fullback.

Let's be honest, he was killing it there when we had an average, average team 5 or so years ago.

Frederick

Staff member
He may have been killing it at fullback five years ago, but that was five years ago. Since then, he's been converted into a forward, suffered season ending injuries, gotten slower and dumber.

We have at least 5 better options at fullback on the books, but unfortunately unless ESL comes knocking over the offseason, Gidley will be our #1 round one next year

Jono078

Referee
He may have been killing it at fullback five years ago, but that was five years ago. Since then, he's been converted into a forward, suffered season ending injuries, gotten slower and dumber.

We have at least 5 better options at fullback on the books, but unfortunately unless ESL comes knocking over the offseason, Gidley will be our #1 round one next year
My preference is him to the ESL, too. But we know he's here and he's going to be somewhere 1-13 so I like him as fullback, and I think he'll do best there for himself and the team.

Sione has to be in the side somewhere, probably on the wing.
The other wing spot is Aku's to lose IMO. Give him a few months and if he's still not improving then look at Chanel or McManus.

I can see Uate in the NSW Cup over Jimmy just can't see a current nsw rep in the reggies to start the year.

K-Man

Bench
I think Chanel is getting a bit overrated to be honest. He's come in at just the right time, with the team under no real pressure to win and actually playing some attacking football.

Don't get me wrong he's done well, but I don't watch him and think future rep player. He's decent. McManus is a proven performer and a current SOO rep, there is zero chance of Chanel getting picked ahead of him to start the year and rightly so. And I'd say with Uate really.

Sione is clearly a different case because he's just that good. Somehow he needs to be playinjg first grade, whatever reshuffle it takes. But Chanel is a backup winger for mine.

Gagai would be a better fullback than Gids and Sione would be a better centre than Gagai. It makes so much sense to go with 1. Gagai 3. Sione 14/18. Gidley, but I don't think it will happen unfortunately.

Gidley will do an okay job at fullback but I don't see us reaching new heights with him still in any key position in the team. If Gagai went well at fullback he could have the potential to go extremely well. It could give our whole attack a new dimension we've been missing. And it would get Sione in the team.

Yosh

Coach
For me it's not just performance. Uate, McManus, Boyd, Kidley... All these guys can be put on sale and we'd field a good team without them. Buy some props with that money and we're a gun side.

I'd throw all of that money at Merrin and Foran (who's going to the dogs) and we'd be a totally diff side.

League_God

Juniors
1.Sione Matautia
2.James McManus
3.Dane Gagai
4.BJ Leilua
5.Aku Uate
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Tyrone Roberts
8.Kade Snowden
9.Adam Clydesdale
10.Russell Packer
11.Beau Scott (c)
12.Tariq Sims
13.Jeremy Smith

14.Trent Merrin
15.Korbin Sims
16.Robbie Rochow
17.Kurt Gidley

With more expansive style of football (the sort we saw in the later rounds).... that side could be anything.
I'm actually expecting Uate to have a massive year.

I still feel Stone needs to show his hand by making Beau captain. He is 3 years younger than Kurt to begin with. Beau is clearly the general on field. You only have to see how the players react to him on field. They go where he goes.

mozza91

Coach
This is my full strength side
1-Gagai
2-McManus
3-Sione Mata'utia
4-Leilua
5-Uate
6-Mullen
7-Gidley
8-Snowden
9-Clydesdale
10- K Sims
11-B Scott
12-T Sims
13-J Smith

14-T Roberts
15- C Houston
16- R Rochow
17-D Fa'aologo.

Johns Magic

Referee
Gids is a club legend. He might never have been outstanding, he might have deteriorated physically, and he might never have been the most naturally gifted, but he always busted his gut for us which is what made him so good, and still does. So f**k all of you that give him this shit.

Say he needs to go, whatever. But the personal stuff is too much.

Alex28

Coach
Given he let us down so badly this year, and given we have taken care of his family while he was in jail, and given if he wasn't such a deadshit he's still be contracted to us now you would think he'd owe us and play for us.

Says a lot about his character...

Latest posts