What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will The Ref's Blow South Sydney To A Premiership?

ouwet

Bench
Pun intended on the title :lol:

Will they? They receive the most penalties in the NRL (By a Mile)... Have a plus 44 penalty count (Best in NRL)...

They’ve lost 4 penalty counts the whole year (Bulldogs have lost 15).

The question has to be asked... Will the Referee's gift this premiership too South Sydney?

fS9qWDp.jpg

mxlegend99

Referee
No. The Bulldogs being a shit team will get the Souths a Premiership. Panthers beating Roosters in week 1 meant the winner of that side of the draw (Souths, Roosters or Cowboys) would win the grand final.

ouwet

Bench
No. The Bulldogs being a shit team will get the Souths a Premiership. Panthers beating Roosters in week 1 meant the winner of that side of the draw (Souths, Roosters or Cowboys) would win the grand final.

:lol: Another bitter Penrith supporter:lol:

No bitter Penrith Supporters please...

Will The Referee's Gift The Premiership To South Sydney?

grouch

First Grade
For the sake of the spectacle, if Bulldogs continue with their tedious, boring, spoiling tactics, I hope the refs do respond.

maccattack

Juniors
I reckon the dogs will win this. All the hype and "sure thing"ness will go against souths.
Hasker flew under the radar to win manly a title and he's doing it again now.

I hope not but that's how it's looking.

ouwet

Bench
For the sake of the spectacle, if Bulldogs continue with their tedious, boring, spoiling tactics, I hope the refs do respond.

South Sydney don't wrestle? They are the kings of it, but for some reason they barely lose a penalty count? hmmmm

tomdl

Bench
All I can guarantee is that Sam Burgess will help drop the ball cold at least twice only to be gifted two penalties.

ouwet

Bench
Lol at Allwet trying to come up with pre excuses.

No excuses... Why would I need to make up excuses??? To reach the GF is massive for a club who wasn't expected to make the 8 and only made it because NZ Warriors, Brisbane & Parra all lost there last round games... The pressure is on South Sydney and IF they soak it up and win, good luck to them!!!

I just want a good game that's fair for both teams and not the usual South Sydney get out penalty-a-thon.

grouch

First Grade
South Sydney don't wrestle? They are the kings of it, but for some reason they barely lose a penalty count? hmmmm
They are the kings of it yes, because they dominate opposing packs.

The Dogs play a deliberately spoiling style to slow the entire game down.

2010Dragons

Bench
Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer:
If you look back at the 2014 season, you will notice that almost all of the Bunnies trys have come from a piggyback penalty up field, then within the next set they score.

Ompa Lompa Referee Hanye has a habit of ignoring the proper 10 metres and the other soft c**k pink pelican is only a muppet.
I am calling it now, a massive dodgy call by these two clowns will cost either side the title.

Parra

Referee

Will they? They receive the most penalties in the NRL (By a Mile)... Have a plus 44 penalty count (Best in NRL)...

They?ve lost 4 penalty counts the whole year (Bulldogs have lost 15).

The question has to be asked... Will the Referee's gift this premiership too South Sydney?

View attachment 7359

Souths are more disciplined.

Galeforce

Bench
:lol: Another bitter Penrith supporter:lol:

No bitter Penrith Supporters please...

Will The Referee's Gift The Premiership To South Sydney?

Outwet,
there are NO gifts in a grand final.
If the NRL wanted to gift a GF to Souths they would ensured Luke was not charged , suspended or found him guilty.

Wake up to yourself you stupid troll , looking for excuses before the game has started.
Souths have been the better team in 2014 ( the for against record supports this). The betting market supports this view as well.

The only way for Bulldogs to win is to SPOIL the game and HOPE that the referee turns a blind eye to grubby play. I am sure they will try and get a Souths player sinbinned by tempting Souths players to throw a punch. If So , i hope the referees are awake if that happens and sin bin the Souths player and sin bin the bulldog play for grub play. I am waiting for that day.

Meantime , the only way for Bulldogs to win is play all angles to the limits and hope the referees do not rightly penalise them out of the game. If they do , i can see the chump like you coming on whinging about the ref.

Look at your attacking record , stinks. Bulldogs do not deserve to win on sunday.

They?ve lost 4 penalty counts the whole year (Bulldogs have lost 15).

View attachment 7359

Dumb OP is just dumb.

We have one of the largest forward packs in the comp and our starting hooker has probably the best running game of any hooker in the comp. Our entire game plan is based on getting a role up the middle followed by a quick play the ball and Isaac jumping out of dummy half.

As Wayne Bennett himself said earlier in the year when we trounced Newcastle, "Souths are a very predictable team, everyone knows what they are going to do. The problem is stopping them."

How do you stop a team who plays to our game plan? By laying all over the ruck and slowing the play the ball down. Everyone knows it. Every team tries it when they play us and that is the sole reason that we receive more penalties in that area than any other team... Because every other team is coached to slow the ruck against us.

Now, I'm not going to deny that we use similar tactics because we certainly do. Most of the good teams do use these ruck spoiling tactics from time to time. Certainly most if not all are trained in the theory around it. Not against every team, because some of the other teams have small forwards or terrible hookers and their ruck speed is naturally slow enough on its own. Fact is, when we do employ these spoiling tactics, we are better at it than most of the other teams in the competition.

It's a proven fact in the NRL of the past 10 years, that wrestling and slowing the ruck is a match winning tactic. It's also widely acknowledged by everyone who knows the game that wrestling is now a huge part of it and is coached at the top level.

Basically, the op is just having a sook because South's are better at a certain key element of the game than the dogs are and he / she / whatever it is, knows it.

ouwet

Bench
Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer:
If you look back at the 2014 season, you will notice that almost all of the Bunnies trys have come from a piggyback penalty up field, then within the next set they score.

Ompa Lompa Referee Hanye has a habit of ignoring the proper 10 metres and the other soft c**k pink pelican is only a muppet.
I am calling it now, a massive dodgy call by these two clowns will cost either side the title.

100% correct!

ouwet

Bench
Basically, the op is just having a sook because South's are better at a certain key element of the game than the dogs are and he / she / whatever it is, knows it.

It's a legit question...

No sook... South Sydney are rightfully premiership favourites and really should win baring a massive massive choke... Just hope the Referee's put that whistle away and allow the boys to play footy!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Good thread. Why? Because people on this site are absolutely obsessed with refs and their performance to the extant that they scrutinise every single aspect of a game until they can find something that will justify in their minds that the 'fix is on' or that the refs favour sides.

I'm not sure the reason for this skeepitis although years of inept performances by refs doesn't help them. But the main reason it happens is because these 'fans' of the game have no real understanding of the game and are too immature to realise that in contests as in life some things just don't go your way.

The refs will make mistakes in the grand final but unless it's a howler it will not influence who wins it.