What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels 9's squad

parra pete

Referee
'kenoath. The first shave I thought was ok. But that was in comparison to a months old genuine blade. I'm not a hairy guy but the copies are shit. Will be going genuine from now on.

Same...Bloody blunt bastards. Put milk on my face and get the cat to lick it off...closer shave....

T.S Quint

Coach
You are right, both teams are on the up.

Eels just need a really good half and some backs, basically creativity. I think our forwards just need to be more physical, hopefully Watmough can teach them a thing or 2 about mongrel!

Luck will always make the Colts look better than they are but if he gets a couple of good players on the O-line he will break more records like he already is. If they get a couple of good defenders they will be up there. Need to get over the hold the Pats have on us though, that's killing us! We have beaten the Hawks, 9er's (no offense) and Bronco's in the last 2 years, the Pats just bend us over every time though!

Anyways, I can handle losing, just hate it when the teams I support are humiliated in the same fashion, repeatedly.

Oh, none taken.
I mean, this year we lost to the Raiders.
The f**king Raiders FFS! Nothing's worse than that!

T.S Quint

Coach
If we get an injury in round 1 will you still be interested in us taking part in future round 1's?

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Injuries are part of the game.
They could do the same injury at training, should they just not train?

i don't believe you can compare training to the intensity the boys played at at the 9s, the boys did rip in, and that's my concern, putting in TOO much too early into something that isn't worth the risks of ruining an nrl campaign.

the quantity of significant injuries in the 9s is no co-incidence.

84 Baby

Referee
I reckon they should play the 9s after the trial match period, maybe even the week before Round 1. Should also move AllStar match to end of season, a la NFL ProBowl

spiderdan

Bench
yes because it's the nrl. point fail
i think you missed he was leading to. pre-season games are a necessary evil to provide match fitness through a competitive environment. without pre-season, players go into the season without match conditioning and increase their chances of being injured in the first few rounds significantly.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i think you missed he was leading to. pre-season games are a necessary evil to provide match fitness through a competitive environment. without pre-season, players go into the season without match conditioning and increase their chances of being injured in the first few rounds significantly.

i get that, and i've pointed out where i think the 9s is different.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Nines is no different. You want to win the Nines as much as you want to win round one, and both of them can injure a player, leaving him unavailable for the finals. At least the Nines gives you an extra few weeks to recover.

84 Baby

Referee
I think we should just play our 2nd tier players up to week 3 of the finals. Then our best players will be injury free for the grand final

Craig Johnston

First Grade
The Nines is no different. You want to win the Nines as much as you want to win round one, and both of them can injure a player, leaving him unavailable for the finals. At least the Nines gives you an extra few weeks to recover.

the nines is different to a trial or a preseason

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Yeah in the 9's you can win money, in the trials you don't win anything.

this and the way they've marketed this event imo motivates the players to push themselves too far in a contest with so much open play it increases the likelihood of certain types of injuries such as ACL and ankles.

Latest posts