What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Judiciary 2015

MrT

Juniors
Go forward isn't about 'worrying defences'. It's about running at a set defensive line and moving it backwards. If you want to 'worry defences' get out wide where there is some space, or hit some short inside passes where you might find an isolated defender. Both things that Paulo does.

Lets not look at the manly stats because Mannah looked like a good prop against those pretenders. lets see how Mannah goes against Dogs.

That Penrith trial showed Mannah to be the worst forward on ground. He was constantly man handled which resulted in a slow play the ball

hindy111

Post Whore
I think we can cover for Jnr aslong as know injuries we will be as strong a team with Pauli.
But it slows down Jnrs development.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Lets not look at the manly stats because Mannah looked like a good prop against those pretenders. lets see how Mannah goes against Dogs.

That Penrith trial showed Mannah to be the worst forward on ground. He was constantly man handled which resulted in a slow play the ball

You're basing your assessment on a trial?

eel01s

Bench
If the next player has carry-over points and loading, then he just might.

Unfortunately this is correct, and the real reason for the 9 weeks. Junior has to get this type of tackle out of his game.

I still can't believe it wasn't downgraded to a Grade 2 charge.

Round one:

Mannah 42 mins 13 runs 116 metres 4 tackle breaks 2 offloads

Paulo 35 mins 8 runs 68 metres 2 tackle breaks 1 offload

Not a real big sample, and also doesn't show the way Paulo is used out wide near the opposition line, but it does show Mannah is still our main go forward prop.

In terms of actual hitups, Lussick made 9 for 66, Mannah 6 for 38m. Mannah takes a lot of kick off / drop out returns (which are clearly relevant, but not directly comparable).

Pou, do you know how they define a 'ruck run'?

If the next player has carry-over points and loading, then he just might.

That's right. The only thing the MRC got wrong in my opinion is the grading....the rest comes from an application of the rules that they explicitly apply to everyone (whatever we might think of those rules).

betcats

Referee
9 weeks is harsh for Paulo but at the end of the day he lifted someone up and put them down on their face. You just cant do that. Hopefully he will learn from this.

Gronk

Staff member
I'll take the 9 weeks as fair when there is consistency.

There are a few players out there who seem to be a protected species.

T.S Quint

Coach
I'll take the 9 weeks as fair when there is consistency.

There are a few players out there who seem to be a protected species.

One particular merkin from Canterbury should have been rubbed out of the game many times over.

eels_fan

First Grade
Interesting..

EELS WON’T GET ON THE BAN-WAGON

THE deep animosity between bitter rivals Parramatta and Manly is at an all-time high. During the week the Eels approached Manly with a request for hookerMatt Ballin to appear at the Junior Paulo judiciary hearing.

Most clubs helps each other, but the Sea Eagles refused and Paulo got nine weeks. You can bet the Kieran Foran signing had something to with it.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-p...-cocaine-scandal/story-fn2mcuj6-1227262460203

Last edited: