What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Judiciary 2015

Scott's tackle tonight was worse

lets see how consistent the jokediciary is

It's not the judiciary that caused the Jnr Paulo thing....it's the match review committee and their view of the appropriate grading (and of course, Jnr's decision to do a repeat performance of the tackle that got him suspended last year against the Raiders). Once that was decided, and he was found guilty (he was certainly guilty of *an* offense) the rest of the penalty was automatic (carry over points, past similar offenses).

Forty20

First Grade
I completely understand why his sentence ballooned out to 9 weeks but I am still pretty filthy on the base charge, Barry. 5 weeks was a very, very hefty baseline to draw for the tackle, in my opinion.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I completely understand why his sentence ballooned out to 9 weeks but I am still pretty filthy on the base charge, Barry. 5 weeks was a very, very hefty baseline to draw for the tackle, in my opinion.
Agreed, no way was it a grade 3.

Forty20

First Grade
Agreed, no way was it a grade 3.

And as long as they remain consistent with the baseline of grading for tackles moving forwards I won't blow a gasket. However, given what Moses got for his coat hanger (not a direct comparison I realise but also incredibly dangerous and only got 125 base pts) I have zero faith in the judiciary that they will show any shred of consistency if there is a similar case to Junior's.

I agree...I was just saying that it was MRC, not the judiciary, that are the body to complain about. But even they are hamstrung by the rules that they are asked to apply. He was given a mid-range charge (Grade 3 out 5 possible grades).

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
I agree...I was just saying that it was MRC, not the judiciary, that are the body to complain about. But even they are hamstrung by the rules that they are asked to apply. He was given a mid-range charge (Grade 3 out 5 possible grades).

The judiciary still had a chance to downgrade and didn't!

I didn't think they would get an opportunity so soon to prove their inconsistencies tbh.

Anything less than a grade 3 for Scott will prove that there are rules for some and completely different for others......

Will be watching with great interest tomorrow at the charge sheet.

Does Scott have prior similar offences? I think he may......

The judiciary still had a chance to downgrade and didn't!

I didn't think they would get an opportunity so soon to prove their inconsistencies tbh.

Anything less than a grade 3 for Scott will prove that there are rules for some and completely different for others......

Will be watching with great interest tomorrow at the charge sheet.

Does Scott have prior similar offences? I think he may......

The Scott one is a different kettle of fish. There are 2 guys involved in the tackle, and working out who is being how careless/reckless will be a tougher job. That said, I'd go for Grade 3. I think the other guy in the tackle (assuming its the same one I just watched) should be cited, and I'd but him on a 3 and Scott on something less. Jnr was personally responsible for the whole shebang.

Kornstar

Coach
The Scott one is a different kettle of fish. There are 2 guys involved in the tackle, and working out who is being how careless/reckless will be a tougher job. That said, I'd go for Grade 3. I think the other guy in the tackle (assuming its the same one I just watched) should be cited, and I'd but him on a 3 and Scott on something less. Jnr was personally responsible for the whole shebang.

Yeah, you're right, someone needs a grade 3 for consistency. I doubt it though.

no player was charged over the Thurston spear tackle

not even a grade 1

Seems truly bizarre. It wouldn't have surprised me if one of them got off eventually, but hard to see that there's nothing worth testing. I'm assuming the MRC haven't just referred it straight to the judiciary.

Confirmation that there are different rules for different players.

.....and for different types of tackles. The best test of the consistent application of the grading of Jnrs tackle will come when there's another throw involving a single tackler on a stationary attacker. Jnr made if f**king easy for them, coz he eliminated most of the grey area.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Beau Scott was charged with grade 1:crazy: and took early plea.

Newcastle Knights‏@NRLKnights34m34 minutes ago
Beau Scott, who has been issued with a grade 1 dangerous tackle charge, takes early plea: http://bit.ly/19q87zh #goKnights

[youtube]MYHqdbvYNWE[/youtube]

NRL saying it was not for a dangerous throw

CAMZRvjVAAE0VHh.jpg

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Absolutely laughable, but sadly not surprised. Maybe it is just my parra biased showing again???? ;-)