What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths vs dogs

Rabbits20

Immortal
Was wondering why Clark didn't play last week? I really rate him.

Not sure why he didn't play and others aren't sure either.

Clark is very solid for Souths off the bench. I'm really hoping he plays on Friday.

ram raid

Bench
Should be a good game. Dogs seems to make you work for every single point. I'm tempted to go out to ANZ.

Good Friday Game a Huge Test - Reynolds

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis
Tue 31st March, 01:40PM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

Rugby League players live for big games, and few come much bigger than the Rabbitohs’ annual Good Friday clash against the Bulldogs according to halfback Adam Reynolds.
With crowds in excess of 40,000 packing into ANZ Stadium in recent years to watch the traditional clash, Reynolds told the Rugby League media today (Tuesday) that he is looking forward to the challenge in 2015.
“You always want to play in (those) games,” said Reynolds.
“No doubt they’ll be ready to turn up ready to play and so will we, so it’s good to see where we’re at both physically and mentally.
“They’re a big side and so are we – no doubt there’s going to be a few fireworks on the night.”
The Bulldogs come into the clash having picked up a golden-point victory over Wests courtesy of five-eighth, Moses Mbye. The Rabbitohs on the other hand went down to the Parramatta Eels on the same night – a result that Reynolds described as disappointing.
“We were disappointing last week,” said Reynolds.
“We’re set out to prepare better this week and turn up a lot better ready to play. We need to hold onto the ball and not give silly penalties away.
“We were giving away way too much ball and they made us pay for it.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/03/31/good_friday_game_a_h.html

Match Day Info: Rd 5, 2015 v Bulldogs

Tue 31st March, 11:57AM A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1427763647779.jpg

Rabbitohs v Bulldogs
Friday 3 April 2015
ANZ Stadium
Gates Open: 1:40pm
Holden Cup kick-off: 1:45
NRL kick-off: 4:00pm
It’s that time of the year again, when the South Sydney Rabbitohs take on the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs this Friday at ANZ Stadium! Be there to cheer on the Rabbitohs as they take to the field and start off your Easter long weekend with a WIN!
With the 4pm kick-off lending itself to family friendly activities get there early to take advantage of the day out.
Activities include drumming lessons, Jaycar remote control car races and Banner making stations, plus the Easter Bunny will be roaming the precinct and t-shirts will be fired into the crowd.

There’ll be a DJ on field, fan photos on the big screen, plenty of give-aways throughout the day and most importantly, the Grand Final rematch!
TOP TIPS FOR GOOD FRIDAY
· Leave the car at home – with the Royal Easter Show in full swing next door, all fans who have not pre-booked parking should not drive.
· Take advantage of the additional and direct train and bus services put on for the Easter Show and included in the event ticket. Additional transport details below.
· Arrive early to soak in the atmosphere ahead of the Good Friday traditional battle.
How to Purchase tickets
Affordability is a big focus for the Good Friday game, with a General Admission family pass and two free junior passes available for $50 for anyone who pre-purchases online.
Online: click here
Phone: 132 849
In person: click here

Important Reciprocal Rights Information for Rabbitohs Ticketed Members

As part of a joint agreement, Rabbitohs Ticketed Members have access to Good Friday’s battle against the Bulldogs.

Ticketed Members have access to the following areas:

Reserved Diamond/Gold/Silver Members will access via Gate C/D with General Admission Seating available on Level 4 East.
General Admission/Burrow/3Game/Regional Members will access via Gate B with General Admission Seating available on Level 1 in Aisles 101 to 103.
Please note the Burrow will be located in the Rabbitohs Fans GA area.
Rabbitohs Members Get 60% off Additional Tickets
2015 Rabbitohs Members have been given the opportunity to purchase additional tickets to this Friday’s clash with the Bulldogs at 60% off.
Rabbitohs Members can purchase into the Rabbitohs Reserved Level 4 East area and General Admission area at this special rate by using the password given to them in the Bunny Bulletin on Tuesday 31 March.
Click here to purchase your tickets now.
Box Office A/B
Rabbitohs Ticket Box Office A/B opens from 1.15pm. All members who purchased from Monday 17 March with access to this game are required to pick up their Membership card from this window. Please give yourself plenty of time to collect your Membership card.

Play NRL Rewards

More than 100,000 Junior Rugby League participants, including players, officials and volunteers will be able to see three NRL blockbusters as part of a special deal for the Easter Weekend.

Play NRL Rewards members can watch the Good Friday match between the Bulldogs and the Rabbitohs, as well as the Easter Monday clash between Parramatta and Wests Tigers, alongside a match of their choice this weekend.

The deal can be accessed via www.playnrlrewards.com which has been introduced for all Junior Rugby League participants this year.
Merchandise
The South Sydney Rabbitohs Merchandise Van will be located just outside gate A/B at ANZ Stadium as well as inside the stadium at the outlet 110 and 141.
Members Post Match Function
Please note as this is an away game on Friday there will not be a post members function after the game.

Transport

TRAINS
The closest train station to ANZ Stadium is Olympic Park Station.
Additional and direct Sydney Trains will be in operation to coincide with the Royal Easter Show:
· Trains depart Central every seven (7) to eight (8) minutes between 08:30am and midnight, stopping at Redfern, Strathfield and Olympic Park.
· Lidcombe sprint services to Olympic Park will operate every 10 (ten) minutes from 05:30am, extending to Penrith / Emu Plains from 09:00 until 01:00am.
· Two (2) trains per hour will operate between Olympic Park and Schofields from 09:00am until 11:00pm.
For further timetable information, click here.

For the most up-to-date information on trackwork and replacement services, please click here.

BUSES
Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses will be running every 20 to 30 minutes for the Royal Easter Show.
Major Event Buses start running between 07:00am and 07:30am depending on the route and arrive from 08:30am until 5:00pm.
The last bus on each route departs Sydney Olympic Park at 11:00pm.
Sydney Buses will operate to a regular public holiday timetable.
Route 525 operates between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
Please check timetable for last trips departing Sydney Olympic Park.
To plan your trip visit

PARKING
Fans who have not pre-booked parking should not drive and are advised to take advantage of the extra direct train and bus services put on for the Easter Show which are also included in the event ticket for the Good Friday NRL clash.
You can pre-book parking via:
· Ticketek, click here or call 132 849.

· Sydney Olympic Park Authority, click here.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/03/31/match_day_info_rd_5_.html

Johnston Excited by Epic Forward Battle

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis
Tue 31st March, 04:39PM
A A

Good Friday’s clash between the Rabbitohs and Bulldogs will see two giant forward packs come together, and Rabbitohs winger Alex Johnston believes he’ll have one of the best seats in the house to watch it unfold.
There’ll be matchups aplenty when both sides go head to head, with the likes of Bulldog, James Graham and Aiden Tolman facing off against George and Thomas Burgess and the rest of the Rabbitohs pack.
Johnston is excited by the prospect of being on-field to see the battle first-hand on the ground.
“I love playing footy and watching it from the side there – just watching the forwards clash,” said Johnston.
“It will be a good game and a tight contest.”
Johnston has started the 2015 season with a bang, having scored an incredible try against the Roosters in Round 2, as he continues to cement his place on the Rabbitohs flank. But while the Souths Junior says he is feeling more confident nowadays, he is the first to admit that he has plenty to learn.
“I’m getting a lot more confidence that’s for sure,” said Johnston.
“Definitely, I’m still learning a lot. I’m still just trying to get my foot through the door and just learn from the others.”

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/03/31/johnston_excited_by_.html

Inglis
AJ
Millard
Goodwin
Reddy
Keary
Reynolds
Gurgess
Luke
Tyrrell
Stewart
McQueen
Grant
-----
McInnes
Lowe
Grevs
Lurgess
Clark
Nathan Brown

rabbitohs95

Bench
Inglis
AJ
Millard
Goodwin
Reddy
Keary
Reynolds
Gurgess
Luke
Tyrrell
Stewart
McQueen
Grant
-----
McInnes
Lowe
Grevs
Lurgess
Clark
Nathan Brown

THAT'S SUCH A FRUSTRATING LINEUP

Why is Reddy still named after underwhelming performances in the last 3 games?

Why is Grant named at Lock still? He should be an impact prop off the bench

Why are we trying to take on the Dogs' massive pack with McInnes on the bench?

WHY IS BEN LOWE NAMED OVER JASON CLARK

ARGHHHHHHHHH :x:x:x

THAT'S SUCH A FRUSTRATING LINEUP

Why is Reddy still named after underwhelming performances in the last 3 games?

No prizes for guessing where Canterbury will attack.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Lol Lurgess. Simple Brown for Lowe, Clark for McInnes.

You sir, know what's up.

Exactly what i'd have. If I could pick the team it'd look nothing like the one named.

1. Inglis
2. AJ
3. Millard
20. Gray
4. Goodwin
6. Keary
7. Reyno
8. Gurgess
9. Luke
10. Tyrrell
11. Stewart
12. McQueen
18. Clark

13. Grant
16. Grevsmuhl
17. Tom
19. Brown

southsport

First Grade
You sir, know what's up.

Exactly what i'd have. If I could pick the team it'd look nothing like the one named.

1. Inglis
2. AJ
3. Millard
20. Gray
4. Goodwin
6. Keary
7. Reyno
8. Gurgess
9. Luke
10. Tyrrell
11. Stewart
12. McQueen
18. Clark

13. Grant
16. Grevsmuhl
17. Tom
19. Brown

I heard that Gray wasn't at training, still injured maybe.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I heard that Gray wasn't at training, still injured maybe.

I reckon he's struggling with an injury of some sort. It's a shame he hasn't been able to play enough consistent footy for the Bears yet so he can then get a shot at first grade.

Should take Reddy out and put Taukafa in. However I don't think this will happen.

Millard is still a major concern.

Lowe should be out with Clark coming in.

McInnes too small for back row, should be Brown on the bench.

Agreed R95 the line up is a bit frustrating. Hopefully some changes made and we will find out an hour before kick off.

alien

Referee

who should be starting lock?

not sure. perhaps it's a sign there will be more dummy half running when the big bulldog defenders get tired

not sure. i thought i heard that the reason clark didn't play last week was because of an injury

alien

Referee
actually i'm not too worried about mcinnes in the side, as long as he defends well. there will be enough forwards to make the hard metres

Rabbits20

Immortal
who should be starting lock?

not sure. perhaps it's a sign there will be more dummy half running when the big bulldog defenders get tired

not sure. i thought i heard that the reason clark didn't play last week was because of an injury

I'm fine with Grant starting at lock as he's playing as an extra prop anyway.

I definitely prefer Grant at lock over Lowe (as I'm sure we all do)

Latest posts